Rules to follow if you want to make it

1. Whales and big investors thrive on misdirection and manipulating the masses. They cannot make money unless there's a greater fool that buys their overvalued product. They will do whatever they can to build you into that greater fool. Remember this when browsing Veeky Forums.

2. Learn the market cycles. There will be crashes. There will be moon missions. They will be obvious to you once you've actively looked into it. This will take a month or two before you get it.

3. Have multiple sources of information. Look into twitter cryptospace. Stay in the know of when news will come out and watch the price action right after. Build your own intuitive feeling of where the market will head next. Half of making it is trusting your gut and keeping up to date, the other half is having an investment strategy developed experience.

4. Learn to buy AND sell. Trading will be a harsh teacher and you'll probably lose half of your portfolio before making steady gains. Nobody makes it without having skin in the game, the first weeks will be the worst anxiety wise, yet controlling your emotions and trusting your strategy evolves from this experience.

5. Don't chase the peaks. Don't fomo into anything. This is trading by emotion and will wreck you. You'll probably do it anyways, as per rule 4.

6. Treat trading as if it were a marathon instead of a sprint when you start out. You cannot make sustainable 100% gains when you're a beginner, period. You will learn this the hard way when you start margin trading. You'll make a few successful trades, think yourself as a trading prodigy and fomo in with a bigger stack only to get liquidated. This is the point where you've lost 50% or more of your portfolio and start to rethink your strategy. You can't win the sprint without training.

wow a great breakdown and informative post for the fresh meat thats been flooding in here
lets see if they read it or post another brap picture

how do you feel about people saying things are different this time and won't be any more moon missions or new money isn't coming in anymore

Good post. Any further tips on avoiding fomo?

Thanks teacher. You should have gotten the 9 quints

wow arent you such a GOOD person

Market cycles just seems like a theoretical meme.

Whatever graph you look at (not crypto) they're all extremely random. There's no clear "cycles".

tactic to shake weak hands
the old Veeky Forums way, reverse psyche

Also I wanna add that it made me feel better when you said new traders will lose 50% of portfolio before making gains. I haven't quite lost half (lost 3/7) but yeah. Learned some lessons.

Question, master

Vechain seems one of the best coins in the market, but also seems highly manipulated to keep the price down with walls

Is this right?

Should I sell and come back later?

I had a hunch it was something like this

I have 15k and im pulling my hair out no idea what to do with it

Also to add to OPs point. Don't listen to people saying we are not early adopters anymore. I'm not even sure why people repeat this lie, if it's to force people to sell, it's a pretty stupid thing to spread lies about the entire market. If they want to buy x cheap, there are always sellers selling at market price. Someone give me a reason why people spread lies, is the reason really just for laughs? Who benefits?

>Any further tips on avoiding fomo?

My personal rule is to wait an hour (preferably more like three hours) whenever my gut tells me I should be entering a trade. If I'm still unsure I'll sit it out, watch the situation and plan to trade during the next 12 hours-day or two. I usually make just a couple of trades per week, I'm not much of an intraday trader. Sometimes I don't trade at all if I can't find a solid entry. Much less stress this way.

Pic related is VEN on 1 hr chart. The huge red dildo I pointed out is a massive bear indicator which means a whale dropped bags and VEN is most probably going to dump for 3 days to a couple of weeks (since you can't know you have to keep watching the alt and wait for confirmation). Consolidation for a day or two would be a good entry point.

I would advise against selling now, you can catch the rebound in a few days, sell then, and catch the bottom retest to make some profit. Honestly in your shoes I would not trade and just hold, spend some time looking at what happens and try to find points for entering and exiting the alt as VEN looks bullish overall, this will be practice for you.

Forgot pic lmao

Same, don't know wtf to do with this shit.

Is link a shrill? can't decide if to get out...

>Don't listen to people saying we are not early adopters anymore.
you're cute

Oh just saw the new replies, thank you.

I try to avoid most trades as I usually lose them, but try to trade without trading to see what would have happened. Will examine what you told me.

>its another pretentious dumbass pretends to give unique advices but gives the same dumb cliche buzzpoints you can find in any kiddy textbook 50 years ago

thanks OP, don't forget to eat your veg and sleep well too

this tweet means nothing moron
We are in the pre 2008 era of facebook. When most people had heard of it but not everyone had an account. That figure was 100 million. It's now 2 billion. Now pick any crypto that you think is a legitimate project. Go and check how many wallets there are for that project. Oh gee looks like 10k to 20k. So if that is the maximum amount of users for that project versus 100 million max users. Are you starting to see the light yet? Lets imagine this project is used by 1 million people. That already is a 50x increase in users. 100 million users? 5000x. Anyone who doesnt hold crypto will kill themselves because of regret.

lmfao, you sound like an 18 yo retard with no money. btw only bitcoin is going to make it

god damn the jews and chinks have you locked in a cycle of thinking all capitalism is zerosum thieving hook nosed scams. Bro there really are good people and real crypto out there like wau coin and some others that are not built to steal your money but built to help you. built by good white men who want you to succeed and not fuck you over like jews and niggers and chinks

I'm older than you retard. I have more skin in the game and more to lose than you. Plus I'm from a first world country, not some shithole where you have to scam your neighbours to get ahead in life. Bye Pajeet, sorry your shill threads don't work anymore.

>I'm older than you retard. I have more skin in the game and more to lose than you.

you're older than 38 with over $1M?

I'm older than you and yes I own more in assets than you. You aren't this age and you don't have $1 million. Well I'm presuming you meant million Pajeet seeing as $1M actually means 1 thousand. Dumb street shitter, fuck outta here.

Longtime /pol/ster here. I'm looking for the best rss feeds and twitter feeds for Crypto news and rumors. I'm exceptionally good at sifting through Veeky Forums FUD but I need to get better sourcing. Help me out, brethren. Who do you follow?

I like this user.

I like 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 but I can't approve of muh whales. Whales are still traders who can only make educated guesses about how the rest of market participants are going to react. Small fish can exploit asymmetries in information as well and pajeets shilling their bags on Veeky Forums don't affect anything unless they're the shittiest of shitcoins.

Pic related is when a whale filled all ETH buy orders on GDAX, but because there are more exchanges, it corrected very quickly. We signed up for an unregulated market and we got that, with what's good and what's bad, but it's still a market.

Forgot pic.

It's a legitimate sentiment some people have and they may not be wrong. It's easier to agree on who were the early adopters of the telephone because we know who were the late majority than on this. But it's a good sentiment. It's like the whole point about bubbles, crypto has been called a bubble from the start and it's suffered a lot of bubble cycles. It's good that people are considering this, when they don't is when you get the stories about people losing their house. A dude on his 20s that puts 25% of his investment capital on crypto won't need a rope even if it all goes to zero and if it works he's king.

But it is the wrong sentiment. Do you really believe the people who are using cryptocurrency now constitute the majority of people who will ever use crypto currency. That is maybe 10k to 20k users of most major coins/tokens now. In a society that is welcoming cashless payments more than ever. In an era where people use smartphones to pay in supermarkets. The majority of people trading crypto now are doing it for speculative gains. Do you really think thats the limit?

you forgot to mention the most important rule of any market:

Nobody knows absolute shit about which direction the market is going to take, things don't need specific reasons to happen... TA, FA and all that BS can give you a better probabilty of making a better decision, but in the end, it is in fact just chance, and if anyone tells you otherwise, they are lying and full of BS

>you need to learn to buy AND sell

someone wants to buy link cheap but we are alll hodling to it like little bitched.

just buy in at 10$ faggot instead of trying to teach us to sell cuck