So I was at a friend's house...

So I was at a friend's house, and his roommate said he was going out to pick up some vietnamese food and asked if we would like some. I had never had vietnamese cuisine before and said "yea sure get me whatever you're getting." He came back with pic related - a sandwich????? It wasn't some exotic noodles or fish like some other asian foods I've tried but just a weird smelly sandwich with some nasty mystery meat paste in it. It even had MAYO - fucking really? Fucking dropped

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_mì
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had one once to see what all the fuss was about, I didn't get diarrhea but that's probably because I took like two bites and spit it out

Call me racist, I don't care

You did a good job with the filename not knowing anything about Vietnamese food.

I used to get one of these every morning on my way to work. 2.50 for the sandwich and a dollar for coffee. Can't go wrong

He probably downloaded it and the filename stuck

Retard

They're cheap, they usually have good bread, and you don't need to get the mystery meat flavors if you don't want. I usually go for the bbq pork or beef ones instead of the weird flavors

>he came back with pic related

He's obviously shitposting, but apparently your inability to pick up on that, along with obvious sarcasm, makes you feel superior and must be the highlight of your day.

I love how people think these are exemplary Vietnamese cuisine when they're really French-style subs with carrots and parsley instead of cheese.

>carrots and parsley

>Americans

>Ask for no cilantro at viet sandwhich place
>always get cilantro

I read somewhere (probably on /pol/) that "pho" is actually French but Viets claim it as their own

Is that true or is it a white peoples version of the "we wuz kingz" thing

>Is that true or is it a white peoples version of the "we wuz kingz" thing
I never really understood the "we wuz kings" thing, from what I can tell, some white supremacists are mad that Africa actually has had multiple distinct civilizations and it's not just random chaos for all of recorded history? Seems to me the only ones that reflects badly on is the white supremacists.

Well I think that there are some groups that claim for instance all the pharaohs were black or there's some black group in New York that claims they are one of the lost tribes of Israel or whatever

Part of the problem is that you can post just about anything on /pol/ and say "black people believe this" or whatever and people gobble it up so there's a lot of fake memes

Pic related, I saw this one posted on /pol/ and no one noticed it was an obvious banepost, though I have seen stuff like this posted by people that believed what it wrote and it was clearly false (saw one that said Mozart was black for instance)

That said, many people on /pol/ do seem to not understand that there were plenty of civilizations in Africa. these are the same people who argue that their education was broad and not overly Eurocentric.

What said, although you should know that considering that picture is from the Wiki article:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_mì

The Viets took the French baguette and made it their own and it's delicious.

Most local shops around here do it with Kewpie mayo, pate, coriander, lettuce, carrot, onion, cucumber, chili, and your choice of chicken or meatball.

How good they are really hinges on how good the meatball is, some I've tried have been terrible but my locals are really good. I'd say it's my favourite sandwich.

doesn't help that on /pol/ it's hard to tell when people are just shitposting and when they actually believe when they are writing

honestly if i inherited the gene that makes cilantro taste like shit i'd kill myself
they probably put it in on purpose

We wuz kangz is literally someone claiming Egyptians were Black Africans.
As you just said, Africa has multiple distinct civilizations and this is a spurious claim. That's me being polite. What I really wanted to say is it's FUCKING RETARDED

How is that at all spurious? Are you saying things like the Songhai, Ghana Empire, Malian Empire and so on did not exist?

The only way I could see the claim as being spurious is if you set an extremely rigid Eurocentric definition on what a civilization is

I think I saw this argument once on another board and the complaint was that "King" is incorrect and"they" (whoever "they" is) should say warlord or something

i'm not disputing the king thing (though you could argue most classical European "kings" were in effect just warlords, especially when you look at how some of the houses like the Hohenzollern rose) but his claim that stating Africa had multiple distinct civilizations as being "spurious" which is just retarded, there were plenty of independent civilizations all over Africa in the classical period and that is really indisputable.

afro-mericans are not the descendants of Egyptians

Where the fuck have I disputed that? You literally wrote that the claim that there were numerous classical African civilizations is "spurious", what is your basis for that?

Something something crime statistics, iq chart, how's the hopey changey stuff working out

I don't think you'll get a real answer that shows he understood the question

You're getting it wrong.
That picture wasn't "look what the nignogs actually believe".
It was "look what I made and posted at the nignogs on my troll twatter account and they actually believed it, the goddamned idiots".

fucking delicious and even better in Laos with laughing cow cheese abs wrapped in newspaper

I fucking love those viet sandwiches. I haven't had one in forever.

Naw. There might be some French influence but have you heard of a French soup that uses cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise?

That's banh mi.

OP I hope you realize whatever you got wasn't authentic and I apologize for your experience as shit banh mi is always a disappointment. Next time just get pho, or bun bo hue if you like thicker noodles and more spice.
Rule of thumb, if you order spring rolls at a Viet restaurant and you get something fried, they are trash.

>tfw gf is Vietnamese
>sooner or later I'm gonna have to eat this shit

Pic related you absolute dunce. Never claimed that the pic was of the sandwich his friend returned with.

>sooner or later

So you timidly said "hi" in passing to her once and now consider her your gf when posting anonymously online?

>pic related you absolute dunce

no, whenever we've eaten together we've gone to more western cuisine type places

we've only been dating for a month

Related. Find a dictionary you absolute dunce.

what is the absolute dance?

Who cares you fucking fags vietnamese sandwiches are fucking delicious

Stop embarrassing us Yuros with your lack of English knowledge

He is referring to OP's use of pic related, he's not saying that a picture in his post should be related. OP just said that the pic was related, not the exact sandwich his friend got. Neck yourself.

Bahn mi is fucking delicious you tard.
You can get chicken pork beef tofu whatevee. You can get it extra spicy. You could ask the guy not to put the sause on yours if you werent such an ignorant piece of shit. Imagine this, you could put any sause on yours you damn please!
Its a fucking sandwich on french bread ffs.

>Nobody care who they were until they put on the mask.
Bane?