Milk alternatives

any good ones? pic related is literally water flavored with coconut. almond milk tastes like rice water. what do you prefer?

soy milk is the only one with any substance in it with the store brands, so I use that.
Otherwise, it's a good idea to just make your own cashew milk or almond milk with a cheap nutbag, after soaking a cup of nuts and several cups of water. It's richer and better than the coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk they have, which are mostly water and sugar.

Or, you could get a can of coconut milk with a high fat content, mix it up with some water and add some sweetener to it, just gotta shake it every time you use it because it will separate, and it won't last as long as the preservative-filled store brand.

soy is the best if you still want the same texture and flavor as dairy milk. unsweetened almond is good if you want the same texture but a different flavor and something healthier. sweetened or vanilla almond is pleb garbage. coconut is pretty disgusting in any context but is good in some smoothies. also rice milk, hemp milk, and oat milk are worth trying but good like finding them. and cashew milk.

Also don't fall for the soy estrogen meme. plant estrogen has no impact on the human male body. or any mammal body for that matter.

Original unsweetened almond milk, Aldi brand, is my alternative when I don't want the Vitamin D whole milk calories. Learn to love it or admit that you have no self control.

Cashew milk is thicker and creamier, in my opinion.

Pretty much right after I found cashew milk, I've never touched another non-dairy milk ever again.

If you're looking to try it, and you're looking at Silk brand (like in the OP pic), I highly recommend that you get *unsweetened* cashew milk, rather than sweetened. Even if you like a sweeter milk. Silk's sweetened cashew milk is too sweet, and the consistency is slightly off for some reason.

I really enjoy this stuff. Tastes coconutty without being too overpowering, and low cal. Feels milky-thick enough to me, as well. That or just regular unsweetened almond milk, I go back and forth.

is the price of those milk like 4x the price of normal one?

>soy
Yes good goy become the woman you always wanted to be

no not at all its very reasonable

I like coconut milk.

Also it's a bit of an acquired taste, but pic related is actually pretty good

You made this post because you are lactose intolerant and you like milk. The solution is simple. Buy Lactaid. It's milk with the lactose already digested and it tastes fucking wonderful. fellow lactose intolerant poster.

thanks I'll give it a try

>Yes good goy become the woman you always wanted to be

> implying the phytoestrogens in soy are more powerful than the mammalian hormones in your milk and meat

Only if you have low test

usually like 2x for almond milk as compared to regular in the stores I visit.

Half gallon of soy is usually 2 bucks where im from.

I like oatmeal milk as an alternative; use a 2/1 water/oat ratio and add flavoring. Mix as fine as possible. You can strain out sediment (keep it, add to breads and pancakes) or let it settle to bottom. Or drink it; it's great stuff.

interesting

PLEBS ITT

OP why the fuck did you get the unsweetened, get the Silk coconut milk original shit is amazing. Or if you have a Trader Joes in your town I'd recommend their coconut beverage

I drink regular milk mostly. but sometimes I like silk very vanilla, rice dream vanilla, or almond dream vanilla, cause they taste fucking amazing.

DEAL WITH IT

Anyone? I'm allergic to milk and found this to be the best tasting, lowest calorie alternative.