Why drink soda?

Why drink alcohol?

it gets you drunk

Refreshing
I like sweet things
the carbonation is nice in the mouth
caffeine

Why drink anything other than water?

Because you're at an age where you imbibe whatever mommy gives you and mommy gives you sugar water?

It might sustain you but you'll hate yourself for it because it is a chore like eating rice or pasta.

I grew out of soda and mostly drink water, tea, or sometimes juice

I don't usually, but I got a 12-pack of Coke on Monday and I've already had 8 of them

its like the dessert of dinner

Because you fell for the liquid jew

There's nothing redeeming about soda
>high sugar spikes insulin
>fast calories
>extra caffeine hurts heart
>sugar destroys enamel
>diet soda just sucks

tastes good???

Same, I didn't really grow out of it though, its just that when i was in highschool I used to use soda as a chaser and now I can't drink them without having this phantom vodka taste
Its a good thing I guess because when I first stopped drinking soda I lost like 10 pounds

Sugar addiction.

Although I hear that there's some autism regarding root beer. Is that worth getting into?

I like ssoda but it makes me feel sick when I drink it because of sugar

Because it tastes good?

Because it tastes good.. I usually try to only drink it during meals though.

Because it is sweet.

Food tastes weird without it

Because I want to?

I've got a feeling that all the anti soda and sugar people on Veeky Forums are really fat manlets. They seem like the kind of people that order a 5000 calorie fast food meal with "just a ice water please"

Because freedom of choice is a very wonderful thing, and anyone who disagrees is a fucking jew.

muh big gulp

muh beetus

>not drinking an occasional 8 oz miniature soda like a civilized human being

>drinking water
>chore

amerifat confirmed

because im a bitch

I don't , I am a cultured individual and only drink chamomile tea !
Unlike SOME fatties on this board....

>tfw trying to quit soda
>still drink 3-4 sodas a week

drink soda water
it worked for me, and it's cheap as fug

If you have ever drank disgusting sugar water in your life, remove yourself from Veeky Forums right now. This board is for FOOD & COOKING, NOT SUGAR LARDASS DIABETIC FUCKING FATASS NIGGER WATER. SODA IS NOT Veeky Forums.. GET YOUR SHIT OFF MY FUCKING BOARD YOU LARDASS NIGGERS. GET OUT GET OUT GET OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT

dis

safeway (aka tom thumb aka randalls) here is selling canned carbonated water for crazy cheap, like 2.50 for a 12 pack. i drank nothing but soda for a long time and carbonated water is insanely helpful for keeping me away from drinks with calories. cold carbonated water with a tiny bit of fruit flavoring scratches that itch for me, you may have similar luck.

also, if you have access to coke freestyles, you can typically get dasani sparkling in plain or lime flavors which is also just carbonated with no sweeteners. all the jack in the boxes here have them and i'll often stop in and just grab a drink on my commute to or from school or work.

>autism regarding root beer
what the fuck does this even mean

When I my stomach is sick,I drink a small glass of coke.
It stops my urge to vomit.

It's the carbonic acid that fucks up your teeth and insides. Soda water might not make you fat but it's still pretty bad for you.

great side drink for fast food/snacks

Goes great with whiskey, though I've switched to diet soda recently. Too much sugar otherwise.

I do the same thing. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year I'll buy a case of Coke and blow through it in a week.

No it isn't, it the phosphoric acid
you goober

It's the GOAT drink.

The fizziness mixed with the sweetness.

>it is a chore like eating rice or pasta.
Is this bait?
Rice and pasta with sauce is delicious. A meal feels incomplete and doesn't taste as good without either rice or pasta.

A chore? Jesus christ. Put the fork down fattie.

it has a good taste?
stuped quetions

Hello Veeky Forums Rate my soda.

>So that'll be 2 waters and a diabetic's fizz piss, coming right up folk.

pretty good tier. you got Jones sodas where you are?
>and to answer OP
it tastes pretty good. refreshing after only coffee, tea, and water for a couple weeks. also, using root beer or colas to marinade steaks or ribs can be surprisingly good.

Yup, Got some jones But im thinking of trying Stewart soon. I drank some Jones before, Blue bubblegum and Purple grape.

>phantom vodka taste

Wtf I know this. One of the many reasons I quit drinking. I gag just thinking about it

sometimes I drink a can of coke after working out on a hot day. so delicious.

I used to mix it 3:1, was convenient because it somehow covered up the smell. Too well, actually, because drinking it now basically gives me the phantom vodka thing.

I drink seltzer because I enjoy the bubbles.

Somehow erased the part saying it was Robinson's apple&blackcurrant squash concentrate.

I don't miss vodka but I do miss enjoying the squash.

Not exactly trying to shill but that mojito 7up helps me deal with soda cravings, it's only 14kcal/bottle.

Just cause I need my kick. Used to guzzle a whole 12 pack of soda in a day like an absolute madman when I was maybe 8 years old, because Amerifat and legitimately retarded, but now I only have it once in a while.

Also, you haven't fucking lived till you tried this before. They have plenty stocked up at the local deli shop round my parts.

Barg's is best root beer tho

I don't usually drink Jones often, since there really aren't many places I know around my hood that sells them, but the berry lemonade is pretty fucking tasty

>Barg's is best root beer tho
Barq's
That's a q you mongoloid.

have you heard of nail clippers?

im a fatso who definitely shouldn't be drinking soda, but i quit drinking alcohol two weeks ago and i've been sucking down pic related all weekend, that crystal pepsi goes down so smooth, you guys.

there shouldn't really be any reason to get soda other than the occasional can, I'm partial to san pellegrino or ting myself but the latter is hard as duck and expensive so I just stick to grapefruit san pel like once a month on my cheat day with a side of lasagna or takeout general tso as an occasional indulgence

They're not that long. But I might give them a snap just cause you say so user.

Same. I can only think of 2-3 Places and one of them is a small cantina.

> not drinking at least 2 bottles of delicious soda everyday

an hero

All acid deteriorates enamel, dumbass.

I drink the occasional soda for nostalgia, but most are too sweet. Seltzer master race.

Is it really worth the 5-6 bucks?

I'd say it cost only 2.85 (CAD) A bottle. For the fact it's locally produced, For the fact it has a good Maple after taste. For the fact it's a bottle and not a can. Yeah.

But it's only to try out. Might try the future flavors.

It tastes good

And most of the people who talk shit about soda guzzle iced tea and have shitty diets

Cause it's full of electrolytes

Soda pairs very well with food

Oh and, Also because Floaters are damn good (Cream soda/Ginger ale+ Icecream.)

I'm literally addicted to soda and I can't stop.
I absolutely have to have 1-2 sodas a day or I get withdrawals.
(I'm not fat but my teeth are pretty bad)

Beware the Carbonated Jew....

>(I'm not fat but my teeth are pretty bad)
Then use your brain to prevent erosion and reharden enamel. Spend some of that soda money on dental advice.

Sodas taste better than most of the other shit available.

It tastes like exactly what it is though: Something that has gone rotten. No mind-altering chemicals will fix that.

Black tea tastes delicious and has zero calories.

>go from drinking literally liters of soda a day to none at all in the span of two months
>lose 30 pounds
>all my clothes from highschool fit me again
>actually get positive looks from the occasional girl on the street

I got into a super bad habit of always drinking soda with meals. I tired to drink water instead but couldn't do it, turns out coffee/tea was the key and I'm already starting to notice weight loss.

>chamomile
I tried it once, maybe it was a bad batch, but it tasted like ground up flowers. I drink tea, quite a bit of it, but chamomile was just gross.

>Why drink soda?

What a stupid fuckin' question.

If it didn't taste good to begin with, nobody would have gotten hooked on it. It certainly wasn't the only option throughout life.
It does taste good. It's too sweet for me, most of them, but I like a few flavors

>tasted like ground up flowers
spoiler alert: that's what it is. i love the smell of camomile and the nice soothing effect it gives you. i like the taste too but i don't think it's anything special.

cheese and yogurt taste rotten cause thats exsctly what they are, no gouda or greek can change that

t. sodashill

let it decarbonate for a while first.
coke has a ph-value of 2.5, stomach acid is around 1.5-3.5

>whiskey

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
satan trips means kill yourself

Have some fucking self control you retard. Either be a man and go cold turkey, or stop being such a fat fuck and just step it back until you either stop drinking the stuff or can handle just having one every once in a while like a normal human being.

Do diet sodas affect insulin resistance at all? I'm getting conflicting information on le google

Because it tastes good.

I miss supernova

Because there are no other options and washing down food with water isn't always appetizing.
I don't drink soda very often, but I really do love ginger ale or a good root beer float.

It's tasty and I came here to post about the things I enjoy, not talk Veeky Forums shit.

anyone tried carbonated water?
considering buying a machine to make some

It tastes good. /thread

>washing down food with water isn't always appetizing.

This/ It's never appetizing.
Your water ends up tasting like whatever you ate, which is disgusting and not refreshing at all. The only other option would be alcoholic beverages or milk. Both are potentially worse.

No, that's just a conspiracy theory. The same people who believe that diet soda causes insulin resistance or that "the sweeteners never leave your body cuz it doesn't know what it is!" also believe that the moon landing was faked and that 9/11 was an inside job.

>exercise and do physical activities
>drink soda and eat whatever you want
>be not fat

These guys drink lots of "the devils elixir" aka soda and manage to keep almost zero body fat.

tldr: Stop living on a gimped diet and exercise more.

That's horrible advice and we all know it. Countless studies say that the best way to keep off weight is reduction in eating, not increase in physical activity.

not that guy but link one of these studies that you refer to please.

Because it was supposed to be a desert but got normalized so much as part of a regular diet that it's almost like questioning people who eat bread with dinner

>manage to keep almost zero body fat.

Sure. They also do an insane amount of exercise. They do an absurd amount of physical activity even compared to other athletes.

This. The issue is that while exercise certainly does burn calories, it's always much easier to eat less than it is to burn off what you've eaten. Even a modest meal requires a large amount of high intensity exercise to burn off.

>it's always much easier to eat less than it is to burn off what you've eaten. Even a modest meal requires a large amount of high intensity exercise to burn off.

Okay then. Have fun living off a 500 calorie a day diet of rice cakes and water.

>tldr: Stop living on a gimped diet and exercise more.
This is a sentiment that I've been preaching for a long time here and I love you for saying that. But those cyclists in your image are merely endorsing a sponsor's product. they wouldn't have coke in the bottles.
t. a cyclist

>it's always much easier to eat less than it is to burn off what you've eaten
easy=lazy
I don't want to discredit the importance of a healthy diet plan but I firmly believe that exercise is the most important aspect of losing weight, and I say that because exercise, and living an active lifestyle, WILL effect your cravings and hunger and you WILL want to eat healthier food. It will make you look at food differently and you'll want to feed your body rather than your taste buds.

I know because that the effect it had on me.
Move your body. Get to know your body. Feed your body. Love your body.
I'm gonna write a fucking book!

i made some typos because i'm kinda tired. body needs rest. sorry.