Why is anybody still in this? NEO network shuts down at BTC's level of transactions per second, not to mention eth

Why is anybody still in this? NEO network shuts down at BTC's level of transactions per second, not to mention eth.
1000tps is a flat out lie.

Trinity ICO overloaded the network and caused a 25 minute and then a 12 minute blackout. Look at block times.
reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7qdjpo/40_minutes_of_trinity_ico/

"We are aware of the issue and working hard to get it resolved. It is not an issue with the wallet itself, but with the NEO nodes becoming overloaded and returning 0 balance during times of high network activity."
reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7zfnmh/neon_014_not_working/dunzlyx/

Developers are begging for people to fund nodes and developers. The whole point of selling tokens during ICO is to provide funding for this. Did they manage to spend everything already?
reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7zx7ur/public_call_for_projects_launching_in_neo/

Etheremon developer tried to develop on NEO and had this to say:
"For NEO, in term of code, it is very bad, I try to write a smart contract on their platform, there are a lot of bugs (Ethereum is much more advanced)."
reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/74vbd7/good_job_major_issues_are_clear_preview_version/do2781g/

>inb4 fud
it's not fud if it's true. NEO isn't even able to beat BTC in throughput while being centralized.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/neo-project/neo/blob/master/neo/protocol.json
medium.com/proof-of-working/decentralization-from-coopetition-b10d7ce3b9d
reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7guwey/neo_council_monthly_report_november/dqm90hh/
reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7zx7ur/public_call_for_projects_launching_in_neo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You must really, REALLY want some cheap NEOs just in time for the ONT airdrop, huh...

The anons right though. Neo shits itself during "high" volume periods, and people say nothing, or act like it's fud. Some deep level cover up shit if you ask me. I for one am staying well clear.

Well that's why it's worth one hundred and not thousand dollars

Also, try downloading and using the official eth wallet and then call that good again.
Every ico kills eth, see DADI and ARCBLOCK.
All of crypto is still shit and trash to use.

Soooo you are making a use case for TNC?

Great find user. Always knew this was a shady chink scam all along. Fucking Sunny Lu and his shady bs.

No ICO killed ETH. What happens is that fees go up. That's expected.
Trinity ICO actually killed NEO - there were no blocks as nodes overloaded.

damn I thought this post was a baseless FUD, but it actually may have some substance

How come it's going up then? It would be going down if that was true

I always thought Neo was a biz meme like link, people didn't actually buy into this highly centralized chink scamcoin did they???

> Does anyone else find it concerning that we happily advertise 1000 Tx/s yet on average we are pulling less than 1 Tx/s and during spikes of 5 or 6Tx/s we start having nodes overload and run into problems like balances returning 0? The highest spike I could find was 104 tx in one block which is ~5 Tx/s.

Ahahaha

all chink coins are scams.

I’m glad I have chainlink
it’s blockchain ahnostic :^)

All i can say is that neo is darn fast. I transferred it from my wallet to binance and it did it in seconds.... it was amazing. Nothing like litecoin which takes about 15 minutes to confirm. It first showed me the true power these cryptos can have when fully functional. Almost instant transactions from one financial platform to the next. Dam... ethereum is a lil faster than litecoin but still slow and its like comparing a snail to usain bolt when compared with neo

NEO is not fast. NEO has less blocks per minute than ETH.
The reason binance accepts NEO without confirmations is because even if someone manages to double spend the transaction would be reversed by the NEO team.

>It first showed me the true power these cryptos can have when fully functional.

You witnessed the power of a mysql database

>reversed by the NEO team.
HOL UP...isn't this shit suppose to be DECENTRALIZED?

this is some hilarious fud XD

That's because it's still centralised and prone to an attack by taking out their list of controlled nodes. DYOR on this before getting burnt in the future.

this is some hilarious cope XD

my 3000% gain really burned me already.

STOP THE FUD user

NEO IS NAMASTE AS FUCK

WANNA SMELL MY FARTS?

>transaction would be reversed by the NEO team
are you srs

Thanks OP just bought 20 k of NEO. I like the project a lot after reading about it.

NEO's consensus is decided by 7 (yes 7) nodes, all under the control of the NEO council.
5 nodes decide the valid chain (so 2 can disagree).

wew lad, sold all your NEO did you mate?

sorry to hear lad

So the main criticism is "it's slow"?

What about the congestion on the Ethereum network and the exorbitant gas prices?

What about that old fart Bitcoin?

I see this thread got linked at the NEO telegram

They claim 1000tps while self-destructing at 5tps. They have zero idea how to fix that and are begging others to give money for developers.

It's also uber-centralized which defeats the point of a cryptocurrency but that's another point

Literally this

NEO has a telegram? Link plz?

There's more than 7 nodes lol

what coin do you hold user?
please tell me its ven

imo VEN and NEO are the only 2 worth investing in rn, but NEO is more certain

No, there are exactly 7 consensus-deciding nodes. The rest just propagate data.

github.com/neo-project/neo/blob/master/neo/protocol.json
"StandbyValidators"

They plan to add new nodes someday in the future:
"NEO will begin its decentralization by allowing well known commercial projects and communities to run consensus nodes, forming an initial confederation of actors with a strong interest in guaranteeing the security and success of the network."

"All nominees for consensus nodes will go through a rigorous identification process before being voted in on MainNet. This process includes providing identification that can hold the owners of the consensus node host legally liable. Each node requires exactly two managing legal entities (individuals or institutions) that will be responsible for their maintenance and patching. "

medium.com/proof-of-working/decentralization-from-coopetition-b10d7ce3b9d

reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7guwey/neo_council_monthly_report_november/dqm90hh/
this is what they are planning in terms of nodes

> yes but but but ico level tarffic cannot able to handle by neo. most of the ico's launched in neo fuccked up by neo n/w. fuckking chinke scammers and hype

Stay salty Qtum.

OP sold his NEO at a loss due to type 3 retardedness and is now trying to spread FUD to buy back in low.

this is only fud if anyone can disprove it. honestly, i appreciate that OP is actually providing a technical reason for criticism, rather than the majority of "no partnerships" or "not a cool logo" nonsense

Get fucked, neo haters

>tfw sold many NEO at 40$ and 35$

It's not FUD. I experienced exacly what op is saying. Got my post deleted from Reddit when I tried to ask about it.

All of these issues have been or are currently being addressed. Just because some cum dumpster over at Store of Value makes a blog post that cherry picks comments and takes things out of context doesn't mean its true. If you spet anytime following the community and learning about what is going on then you could see that this is nothing but FUD. The market is speaking and NEO is up. GTFO

>his smartcontract platform still has fees

join the neo rebellion or die peasant

>The market is speaking and NEO is up.

When that's the only 'defense' you know it's a shitcoin.

GAS is used for fees. Only when blocks are nearly empty it's not required.

How do you talk with Patrick's dick in your mouth all the time?

Shhhh let the Neo cucks believe the comfortable lies. Kek.

Lmao holy fuck.

>SEC: “we plan on encouraging all exchanges to delist Neo or become licensed to trade securities to avoid strict penalties”
>Neo cucks in their echo chambers: “lol nice fud won’t scare me hodl”

You can write these vapid replies and then downvote any criticism on plebbit but here you need to write something actually fucking substantive.

saus?

>implying a blogger has any incentive to lie about this shit knowing no one will listen to him

Almond status = activated.

The fact that so few people are discussing the red flags is all the proof a rational person needs to tell it’s a scam. It means legitimate concerns are being suppressed/avoided at all costs. Kek.

No I don't

>he didn’t research his shit coin before buying

Oh boy.

>it's not fud if it's true.
Even if it's true, it's fud, you fucking moron.

I just question the motives behind these posts.

What are yours? Do you care about my NEO and my money that much?

I care about the scale of the mass delusion and it’s implications on the market.

bought at 70 usd, sold at 130, did I mess up?

You care about something that can be fixed?
NEO is in its infancy still, which is why it's so damn cheap.

I'm making good money with my NEO. Leave us winners to it.

It's just a bunch of butthurt Qtum fan boys. Same shit different day.

>t. Herbalife Senior Consultant

NEO has proven to be a great investment over the last 12 months.
One that I have made a shit ton of money on.
I purchased as ANS at about 40c each and sold 500 at $100, buying me a nice new car.

Salty fucks can suck my NEO.

>Even if it's true, it's fud, you fucking moron.

Agreed. No one says anything about NEO unless it's mooning.

salty fuckbaiter that sold when ants, neo is the future, ethereums 1300 scam coin platform releases that will never be allowed once regulation kicks in for real, neo is a step ahead of ether everyway u look faceit,

>>t. Chairman of the Micro Penis Alliance

fud - fear, uncertainty, doubt

how can something that is true be fud? iim not saying this neo stuff is true or not, but just don't be deluded when actual criticism is provided on your favorite coin

LINK is my favorite coin. I've just made a lot of money of NEO. Not even being deluded, but NEO rarely gets talked about anymore unless it's going up in price. Almonds activated etc.

this is actually a little bit concerning. I am not a coder so I have no idea if the FUD about the coding language being shit is real or not, but its making me wonder if should just take my profits.

morons in thread just saying salty nocoiners without reading the FUD. It is actually some good FUD. I am in since $36 and am quite happy with the gainz. But i thought this was a hold forever coin due to the gas, but maybe this is just something else that will be weeded out over time if it truly is shit.

Would love for someone with some programming knowledge to comment on if they've looked at NEO's coding language.

i think you should just ask yourself if there's another coin that is more promising and what is the opportunity cost of holding neo, etc. NEO has already done a 20x+. Even the most ideal projections has it going to about $1000 in a year, so just take that into account. although its probably the most steady hold of all altcoins

>NEO is in its infancy still, which is why it's so damn cheap.

$8.8B for something that's worse than a mysql database on a $100 pc is not cheap.
Worse because even a $100 pc could easily handle 5tps or even 100. The "NEO Council" controls all 7 nodes so they have total control over everything, just like they would with a mysql database.

>NEO will do 1000tps
NEO are masters of lying, their scalability issues are laughable and they have a fraction of the volume compared to the ETH network.
ETH will hopefully implement plasma this year which will increase their tps in addition to sharding in 2019 at the earliest, which will solve the current scalability issues.
Meanwhile NEO is all talk and no action.

How is this organised FUD going for you guys?
Is your discord/telegram getting pissed at the price not dropping for you?

Aww, bless you.

Try harder, you know you can!

>tfw you went all in

Yikes

Nobody in this thread has countered any of the points against neo

It's still going to hit $1k ez.

Shit rolls downhill friend

Kek standard procedure.

>reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7zx7ur/public_call_for_projects_launching_in_neo/
Wow, you are dumb, so basically you answered your own questions with this link. They are begging the ICO projects that have made bank. And quite a few in the thread actually took them up on the offer. So you linked a thread with a solution being formed for the network stability issues. How are you this dumb??

How about this fuckwit

Holy shit guys

We laugh at how NANO was shilled from 0.30$

Yet, the same thing happened with Antshares last year and we're not even aware of that

It...

It could be the same people behind this!

Nice straw man.

Yup, all in march 2017.

Stay salty.

So glad i won't ever be holding any NEO bags
i knew this shit was a scam since the antshares days

cant wait for all the pink wojaks soon

Cute thread I guess.

It isn't even fully decentralized yet you retards. Everybody who isn't retarded and holds NEO already knows this.

We are YEARS away from seeing NEOs true use cases even being approached by those it is marketed towards.

Fuck you guys are dumb. Meanwhile ETH and BTC can shut down for DAYS at a time due to network congestion, and nobody bats an eye.

Have fun crying when I x10 my stack on NEX over 2 years.

You're happy that you didn't buy in as ANS

Fuck me, it maxed at what $10 as ANS?

You are a special kind of retard.

If your bags went up over 5000% then they're not really bags.

Poorfags will sit there and convince themselves its a scam since they've watched it moon without hopping in. Must feel really bad.

Lmfao glad I'm not the only one who saw this. It's like the retards on r/buttcoin trying to cope with watching everyone around them make it big

>So you linked a thread with a solution being formed for the network stability issues

>beg for help
>solution

???

>Fuck you guys are dumb. Meanwhile ETH and BTC can shut down for DAYS at a time due to network congestion, and nobody bats an eye.

What an absolute brainlet. Congestion is not shutdown. It just means transactions with low fees aren't getting into blocks.

Those bags must be heavy!

oh w0w i havent seen FUD about NEO in a long time, almost like as much as Antshares before they revamped into Neo and exploded to 45$ in a day

tell meeeee
the functiooooonal
difference
oh wait you caaaaaant
you were the brainlet
all
along

ACT is the real NEO

What bags?
You do realise NEO is pretty much ATH about now?

I've also owned them since ANS so yeah crack on with your shit,

What, that basic stuff went over your head? Wow! Impressive people we are dealing with here.

WHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH UR SUCH A FUCKING RETARD GO FUCK A DOG MAN.

see ETH will improve stability this year and next year while NEO is begging for funding from their own projects and is still centralized for more than a year.
Bunch of lying incompetent chinks.

The difference is that it's possible to increase the fee and get a confirmed transaction.
Why are you even arguing this wtf

C O P E
O
P
E

NEO IS AN INFLATED SHITCOIN WITH NO FUTURE - YOU WILL BE HOLDING H E A V Y BAGS AFTER PEOPLE REALIZE OTHER PLATFORMS ARE MILES AHEAD WITH 10% THE MARKET CAP

THANK YOU VELY MUCH DUMB LAOWAI

SHOULDVE BOUGHT CHAINLINK INSTEAD DUMB NIGGER AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHA

$100 eoy still on

But this is totally false, NEO has one of the most active dev ecosystems in the blockchain sphere.

Yes, it's not decentralized and it has absurdly high deployment fees.

On the flipside, it has fast free transactions. And you can write smart contracts in C# and Python.

The andvantage of Ethereum is that it was there first and is going over 1000 ICO's now, but proof of work is not the best idea and Solidity is one of the worse ideas.