Sesame Balls

Sesame Balls.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jian_dui
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If only these were spherical cheeseburgers with the burger patty and cheese/salad inside.

Bunuelos.

Gulab Jamun

Zeppoles.

Maybe I'll try this.

where's honey/syrup

these are so gross. i love indian food but holy shit their desserts suck.

Yeah, same here. Food? Awesome. Desserts? Horrible.

Thats a funny way of spelling "amazing".

Granted dry/stale jaman is pretty inedible. They have to be fresh, spongy and very moist. But pictured is pure syrupy goodness.

Rocky Mountain Oysters

Aha you can eat my sesame balls, if you catch my drift

da fuq is wrong with you people? Indians have been making desserts since before the west even had access to sugar.

Kheer = Superior to any rice pudding
rasmalai = beyond description
jaman = all the goodness of a pancake x10

Guys. 100% of the indian dessert served at your random stinky neighborhood curry takeout comes out of a $2 can purchased at Patel's Cash & Carry. There are no exceptions to this, the only restaurants doing legit desserts are fancy, expensive joints like Tamarind Tribeca, and those won't be particularly traditional even if they are good

Unless you have a stand-alone indian sweets store making stuff onsite, judging them by what comes out of a can is like judging western pastry traditions based on little debbie snack cakes from your local gas station

>da fuq is wrong with you people? Indians have been making desserts since before the west even had access to sugar.

First evidence of honey use is in Spain 8000 years ago. Sugarcane cultivation in India began 8000 years ago. Nice try faggot.

>da fuq is wrong with you people?

Hell if I know. To me, they just taste sickeningly sweet. And that's saying something coming from an American.

>>Unless you have a stand-alone indian sweets store making stuff onsite,
That's entirely possible. My experience with Indian food has been limited to restaurants in the US and in England. But it has been very consistent--I've been to dozens of Indian restaurants and I've always detested the deserts. But for all I know all of them were serving canned or frozen stuff.

I said sugar you dumb shit. The concept of "dessert" hasn't existed in the west for more than a couple hundred years. honey and sugar was used for alcohol production or medicine.

Indian sweets are terrible.

They are still teeth-meltingly sweet even if you get them at a stand-alone shop that makes them on site.

But much like boones farm vs some fine sauternes, sweet can be enjoyable or disgusting. It's the whole package, not whether there's sugar in it.

You taste for little debbie snack cakes and candy bars is terrible.

sesame balls r served with honey or a syrup dumb fuck!!!! I am philipino btw

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but yeah, those are horrible too. I'm not sure why that matters though. Just because there exist other horrible over-sweet deserts doesn't some how vindicate the Indian ones.

God tier dessert

baklava's quality is directly proportional to how moist/chewy it is. dry baklava is inedible sand. moist baklava is GOAT

I prefer a bottom to top gradient from moist/chewy to crispy.

those are disgusting. I've never had one that isn't oily as fuck and wasn't way too chewy.

Watermelon.

I love me some baklava.

Question - does baklava only contain walnuts? I've seen some variations called baklava but made with pistachios and almonds.

Depends on the region it is from. My family is from Greece and almost exclusively uses walnuts and occasionally we add almonds. Baklava from further east like turkey/lebanon etc usually contains pistachios

Ham balls.

no.. that is the wrong ball my good pinoy. U r thinking of karioka

Get this shit out of here, this thread is for spherical foods only.

Then it'd be called a Piroshky.

forgot pic

Man, I remember eating so many of these when I was in St. Petersburg.

Kartoffelkloesse.

OP really likes balls

>kartoffel

Maybe somebody can help me. When I was in China some years ago, I had these ball things during dim sum. They were the rice outer, like mochi or the seasme balls, but in the interior was this black paste, it was like mashed up poppy seeds, I think the woman said lotus seeds or something? It was sweet and one of the nicest things I have ever tasted. What is that ball called?

Jian dui

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jian_dui

No, it did not have sesame seeds on the outside, it was just the pounded rice, and the interior was not bean paste, I know what that stuff tastes like.

>honey/syrup
>not caramelized milk

Timbits

Sweet soup dumplings. The black stuff was black sesame paste.

tang yuan