Cherry thread

Those poor cherries

Farmer Forced By (((USDA Board))) To Dump Cherry Crop On Ground.

“These cherries are beautiful,” Santucci wrote on his Facebook page. “But, we have to dump 14 percent of our tart cherry crop on the ground to rot. Why? So we can allow the import of 200 million pounds of cherries from overseas! It just doesn’t seem right.”

offthegridnews.com/current-events/farmer-forced-by-usda-board-to-dump-cherry-crop-on-ground/

Why though?
I'd go and make use of those cherries if I could

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Land of the free

That's fucking idiotic. The governement is too fucked up to fix the problem, so farmer's are going to have to do it themselves.
>ship some to food pantries
>sell some on the side of the road
>take some to a local farmer's market and put "Free" on the bin
>Use your Facebook and other social media to ask people to come and pick them up
>Call and email the local restaurant association to let all the local restaurants know and they can come and take what they please.

Couldn't they ferment it to make wine or something?

Cherries are fucking expensive, too.

>Implying you can do that.
Government has already won in the Supreme Court that even growing your own crops for personal use is "interstate commerce" and they can regulate and prohibit it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

>americans are afraid of too much fruits

makes sense Tbh

What the fuck

There's ways around that.

Go on. What are some ways around it? If the government tells you that you can only grow so many cherries, how are you going to "get around it" without paying fines or risking jail time?

he doesn't have a macroeconomic view of the circumstances

>Krautchan shut down because of hate speech

They don't have USDA agents come and check your farm every goddamn day. Work around it. It's not hard to figure out.

>Go to government
>Ask them to help regulate sales and availability
>By law as per the government sales and availability are now artificially set
>If they had done this as private business owners they could have been fined and/or arrested for collusion but now that the government is doing it for them it's A-OK

>Didn't read the case I posted.
The mother fucker was using his extra wheat to feed his chickens. How the fuck do you think you're going to give it away to charity without them figuring it out? They're going to know what you're growing in your fields, and they're going to know the expected yields.

This isn't easy shit, brah.

I also want to add to your post that "keep going until you get caught" is not a valid strategy.

skirting laws while hoping to not get caught and or just paying off fines when you are caught is in fact a viable and used strategy

Globalization was a mistake

It depends on the loss/gain ratio of being caught.

They're allowed to divert product to "new market" opportunities. So only if there is no significant cherry wine producer out there already.

IMO what they should do is have some primary markets with supply/demand equalization and then have secondary markets they can dump the excess stock in.

So one year cherry wine would be expensive, the next it would be the alcoholic's best friend.

Call me stupid, but if I picked 100,000 pounds I would report that I had picked 14% more and then dumped the 14% on the ground. Problem solved.

Unfortunately there are armies of government bureaucrats that are paid small fortunes to destroy the lives of farmers and other producers by checking up on "compliance" and then fining your ass into poverty if such a ruse is attempted.

>offthegridnews.com

>mainstream news

Just correcting the record here, trump is a racist

Who cares? He lives off of government subsidies anyways so he's not losing any profits, no one is starving in America, and no starving people in the 3rd world would be benefiting from being given a basket full of by the time it gets to them rotten cherries.

This doesn't effect anyone at all except the animals who stumble onto that pile of cherries.

If you give it away, how can they create an artificial demand for imported goods with a higher markup?

They do the same shit here in Norway every year. Perfectly fine fruit, pork and lamb as an example gets destroyed merely to create the illusion of low supply so prices can increase.

Not to mention millions of litres of milk actually ruining drains as they're dumped.