Best clam linguine recipe?

Clam linguine is a food of the Gods and probably my favorite thing to make. Curious to see your recipes but heres mine:

Garlic, olive oil, butter, shallots and onions in large saucepan, until golden and soft.

Add some shitake and other assorted mushrooms. Add a bay leaf.

Take clam juice and white wine, pour in to reduce.

Add heavy cream, sour cream, touch of flour, and parmesan cheese.

Add clams last so they dont get tough if youre using canned clams, real clams is its own thing i dont feel like typing.

Throw in some chopped basil, oregano, parseley.

Pasta should be cooking this whole time, until al dente.

Pour pasta into saucepan so it absorbs the oil and cream/clams.

Add more parmesean cheese to taste, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, dash of tapatio if youre feeling like a fuck freak.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86_(term)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would you even eat that?

what do you mean?

The shells are discarded

There's fuckin shells in the pasta.
So what, they're there for the picture? You eat it by sliding the meat off and chucking the shells in the garbage? Your food would be cold by the time you do that. Or what, you eat the clams as you go?

I do all of that except
>canned clams
jesus who the fuck even does that?
>clam juice
uh, what? the clams release their liquor when they open, you don't need fucking "clam juice"
>mushrooms
busy, complicated, unnecessary
>bay leaf
nah
>cream
WTF
>flour
WTF
>parmesan
pls no
>basil
nope
>oregano
nope
>parsley
ok
>al dente
I just use fresh spaghetti alla chitarra
>tapatio
what the fuck is wrong with you

yeah on second thought I don't do anything like this, here is what i do
>put on the water for the pasta
>start softening shallots in butter
>when soft, put the clams in a single layer
>pour in some wine
>cover
>put the pasta into the hot water
>the pasta should be ready about when the clams are opening
>uncover
>carefully remove clams with tongs, setting them aside in the shell but draining the liquor into the pan first
>add pasta to the pan
>toss until coated
>plate
>add clams on top
>parsley
>squeeze of lemon
>eat
a fork, and your mouth

Retardation: The Post.

where can i get fresh spaghetti alla chitarra in LA? i try to use fresh clams when i can but LA kinda sucks for fresh seafood.

whitepeople.exe

dunno, I avoid LA as much as I can

Can you get off your petty, useless soapbox over clam pasta, and just answer the question?

if you can't figure out how to eat an animal that is literally designed by god to be convenient and easy to eat, I honestly don't know how to help you

when you buy your microwave box tendies, do you worry about accidentally eating the grocery bag? or does your mom take them out before sliding them under your door?

Yeah make wild assumptions about me, that's the mature thing to do -- if you have to invent a literal man-child to feel mature and sophisticated, chances are you aren't too worldly, right?

I know how to eat clams -- it's not just clams, it's clams on pasta. I'm asking you how you negotiate the different factors of this dish together. Do you shell all the clams before eating the whole thing, or do you do it incrementally? Is it normal for shells to be in the composed dish, or is this just for picture taking or presentation? These are legitimate questions. Of the endless dishes there are on the world not to mention the endless depths of every other endeavor, not every person in the world has eaten clam pasta. Stop being so self-involved.

How do you eat a nicoise salad? Incrementally? Tuna first then eggs then olives?
How do you eat a plate of sashimi? Darkest to lightest? Left to right?
How do you know which side of the hamburger to bite into?
Will the food gods smite you in anger if you do it wrong?

What kind of an answer are you hoping for?

None of those dishes have inedible components. What abstract part of your ego is on the line preventing you from giving me an answer?

>Do you shell all the clams before eating the whole thing, or do you do it incrementally?

That's entirely up to you.

>>Is it normal for shells to be in the composed dish
Yes.

>>These are legitimate questions
No, not really.

You take it for granted that you know you're not supposed to eat the little tray of soy sauce, or the pits of the olives, or whatever. Somehow, you figured out (god only knows how) that they're inedible.
I bet if you were to sit down with a plate of pasta with clams, you'd figure it out too.
No guarantees here. You could end up in the hospital with a mouth full of shattered teeth, bleeding out.
But by golly user, I believe in you, and I believe in you who believes in me who believes in you.

Does it enrich your life to lack so much empathy you can't discuss clam pasta without jacking yourself off?

>you lack empathy you lack empathy you lack empathy
Are you the guy from the veganism thread? I've been seeing too much of that meme around here today

No, and empathy is a meme now? Does that mean you'll no longer take it seriously as a concept?

I do all of that except
>spaghetti

I use noodles. Not spaghetti. It's just mussels and noodles, ok? Just so that no pretentious Italian jerk can come in start yet another rant about his superior cuisine and culture and blablabla .. Get fucked, asshole.

like black mussels? those are garbage. and what do you mean by "noodles?" like ramen noodles are okay?

>I use noodles. Not spaghetti
What's the difference?

> Just so that no pretentious Italian jerk can come in start yet another rant about his superior cuisine and culture and blablabla .. Get fucked, asshole.
Show us on the statue where Italy touched you, bro
Too much empathy is a personality flaw, user. A healthy adult should be able to figure out how to eat a plate of pasta without instructions. Muster up the empathy for yourself, no one else can do this for you.

>I use noodles. Not spaghetti.

If you think a person asking a simple question deserves to be spiraled out into a petty string of egocentric masturbation, I cringe to think what your interactions are in real-life. I bet you're a Squidward.

Sorry, I don't understand your slang because I do not play Pokemon

>Pokemon
?????????

Why are you still posting bullshit when someone already answered your silly little questions more than a dozen posts ago?

It's the new augmented reality game everyone is playing now. I don't play it because I was level 16 on Ingress when it came out, and it would be a waste to start over

user was making a reference to the game, it is probably a seafood Pokemon because the conversation is about seafood

Actually it was ten posts ago. Half the thread is already shitposts because of failure to answer a simple question, why should you care? Next time, actually be helpful.

>Next time, actually be helpful.

I was. I'm the guy who actually bothered to answer foolio's questions.

Then I got annoyed because it seems that he didn't really give a fuck about the answer anyway.

Squidward is a character from Spongebob Squarepants and that user was implying that you're pretentious without actual qualification, because that's what the character is.

Oh, I see. I haven't seen that program because I do not own a television.

cool 33 posts, glad i got at least one clam linguine out of it guys. also, you chew the clam shells with your teeth, confused dude. you chew them until they are a powder.

>mussels
Shit tier shellfish

You're white too, friend. You can stop roleplaying at any time now.

Nope, guess again

You know, thinking about this some more. This is not the first time I've gotten the "you're white" thing

You do realize that the US is not a white majority country? And that whites are by no means the majority anywhere in the world outside some podunk towns?

What goes through your head when you think "oh that guy is just pretending not to be white"?

Canned clams and dry pasta are used in Italy faggot. Just go to google.it and type in linguine alle vongole and find out.

/they are delicious too/

Canned coffee is used in Italy too
Do Italians think we want to be them or something? What is the point of this post anyway?

>Eating clams

Enjoy your Hepatitis-A and brain damage.

Also while eating your clams remember that they are falsely labeled Chinese "aquaculture" clams, ie they're grow by eating Chinese human shit at the sewage outflow.

>eating any kind of imported clams
>not living in an area where clams grow
I can see why flyovers are afraid of seafood
>they're eating fish
>BIZARRE!

you tried to 86 every perceived as inauthentic" ingredient and ultimately ended up with an inauthentic recipe.

Why on earth do you think canned coffee is bad? I'll take a can of illy over $20 per half pound free trade small batch hipster shit any day. Coffee is a drug and little more.

Betcha think that wine noses are mind independent as well...

>you tried to 86 every perceived as inauthentic" ingredient and ultimately ended up with an inauthentic recipe.
Can you please post that in eye talian so I can machine translate it? Your engrish is incomprehensible
>why is canned coffee bad
because it's too authentic I guess? I only like 86 perceives as unauthorized, has anyone ever so much as tried to more like?
>wine noses are mind independent
what? In English, Giuseppe

>Your engrish is incomprehensible

No, you're just stupid. "to 86" something means to discard it. Throw it out. Get rid of it.

>>you tried to 86 every perceived as inauthentic" ingredient and ultimately ended up with an inauthentic recipe.

Means

>>you attempted to avoid inauthentic ingredients yet you ended up with an inauthentic recipe anyway

I have no idea what eye-talians do and I don't give a shit. Clam pasta is something I do as a quick meal, and it tastes great with minimal ingredients I can pick up on the way home from work. I'm not going to add 50 extra items that take more time to get ready and don't actually make the meal any better. Apparently the mafia polluted your waters too severely to still eat local clams, but in America we don't have that problem

I'm sorry you feel the need to impose your shit taste on the entire internet but not everyone wants to eat nasty canned shellfish just to impress a greaseball wop

>I'm sorry you feel the need to impose your shit taste

Lol, what? I'm not advocating anything. I just explained for you because you're apparently ignorant of the term "to 86 something".

Direct your ire at , not me.

Great, now I know that 86 is greaseball slang for "he didn't slavishly do what we do in the cadmium marshes of Naples"

Thanks, I guess?

It's got nothing to do with Italy bro.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86_(term)