Why do asians so terrible at dessert?

Why do asians so terrible at dessert?
This is probably what holds back their gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chè
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been wondering for so long and the only conclusion I've reached is that the majority of asians is lactose intolerant, and thus can't consume any milk based desserts (aka most of them, at least where I live)
But I'm sure there's better reasons

Asians great at desserts. You need to move to LA where there's Taiwanese bakeries every mile.

Why are summerfags so terrible at shitposting?

I feel that Asian desserts to Asian tastes are good, like red bean buns, tang yuan, or mochi. When it comes to trying to adopt a Western style though, it kind of slapdash. But well thought out ones are great, like pandan chiffon cake, or egg tarts.

Mayabe because they aren't addicted to the sugared Jew?

My favorite Asian bakeries are either French of Portuguese influenced.

Asian's are bad at deserts so they don't become fat like Amerilards/Clapistanis

Vietnamese bakery master race. Bonus points if they have $2-$3 bahn mi.

eyyyy whats up my socal nigga

None of those pastry can compare to one of these.

That looks awful.

>MGTOW Pastry

>they aren't addicted to the sugared Jew?
YET

85° is shit. I'd rather eat McDonald's desserts.

>basing your opinions on Asian deserts off a book titled "Quick and Easy Asian Deserts"

are you even trying

Japanese have the best desserts hands down.

>the sugared Jew
is that like a baba?

what dessert is that? It look familiar.

>Japanese have the best desserts hands down.
You're having a laugh

Indians can't have ice cream without putting cardamom and spices in it

All South Indian deserts taste the same.

I like how light a lot of East Asian desserts feel. Makes me feel less suicidal after eating a single slice of cake.

It's ice.

And you wonder why American are fat fucks

Agreed. Even though they've imitated western desserts, they don't add a fuck ton of sugar and weird colors so I don't feel like shit afterwards.

That looks like a dirty toilet seat covered in jizz

>the majority of asians is lactose intolerant
When will this meme die? It's literally lumping the largest landmass and group of people into one unit and making a sweeping assumption.

Indians are all about their goat and yak milk. The majority of nomadic some northern plains Asians is based entirely around their livestock's milk. When I was in Macau, I was taken to a local delicacy of a steamed milk type dessert bar.

And if you don't like Asian desserts, then I guess you really don't know many of them.

I dont even know where to begin with this.
First asian means chink not poo in the loo er
A few slopes chasing yak juice does not really change the math much here.
Read a book or two my friendo

considering the filename that might be exactly what it is

before christian missionaries went to japan, the traditional cultural norm was after a big meal you would take a hot bath and have casual sex in pairs or in orgy. it's hard to care about a dessert when you are literally have cart loads of sex.

So this is japans excuse.

Weebs are actually this retarded.

no one has ever said "asian" and meant "indian" or "hindu". They even have their own continental plate for fucks sake. The are separated the the tallest mountain range in the world, and have a completely divergent culture and appearance.

Get a fucking clue, stop looking at maps. Go eat a rasmalai.

ameriiii-kahns are actually this retarded

India is part of the Asian continent.

how2tectonicplates?

Gonna go with the United Nations on this one. It's part of South Asia.

None of that means fucking dick.
In america , we call these indians.
Its all down to usage your pedantic assclown.

Those are American Aboriginals.

Err in the UK Asian means someone from the Indian subcontinent

Yeah well you are on an american board today punchy and here asian means chinee , slope , zipperhead jap yellow bastard

Asians are from the continent of Asia. India was nitpicked, but there was no defense to lumping Korean, Mongolian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Flip etc.

Just fucking stupid. That's like saying Americans, Mexicans, and Canadians are the same thing.

Its not about where they are from, a rubber face is a rubber face.

Sure thing, Pierre.

why you call me that?

I grew up in china and i have to agree with you. Growing up i was never excited about dessert, i always would pass on it because i never enjoyed it. Moon cake is fucking disgusting but thats something i was always "forced" to eat out of respect when the time came. Its shit. We cooked and ate very traditionally. The food in general was great, quite oily, but the desserts were not good.

When i came to USA i was mind blown from the desserts here. Everything is so sweet and bright and delicious, i couldnt believe it.

>Moon cake
what the heck is that?
are you getting fat now from our sugary food?

lol ignroance at it's best.
japan is the second country in terms of medals from international competitions when it comes to desert

my family eats fruit for dessert lol. yes im asian.

Crystal cake is probably my favorite Asian dessert.

what's it made of?

Always wanted to try this. I had green tea pocky once but it just sort of tasted like sugar.

FUCK OFF
SUGAR IS NOT Veeky Forums RELATED
DO NOT POST OR DISCUSS FOODS CONTAINING SUGAR ON Veeky Forums
ALL SUGAR DISCUSSION BELONGS ON 420CHAN AS SUGAR IS A DRUG

seeing as its an asian dessert. im guessing its some kind of rice flour cake with a red bean filling.

I disagree. There's a few Asian supermarkets around, one of which...well, as a not-Asian, I get weird looks going there. Most of their bakery's dessert items are essentially breads with a tiny hint of dessert-ness. Maybe a layer of some flavored paste, like mango or something, but it's not enough to really taste it.

I agree with you user.
I lived in LA for years and thats why I hate asian desserts

Crystal meth

You poor soul obviously never heard of japanese dessert-chefs/bakers in your village. Everywhere you go nowaday japanese people do classic desserts better than the originals

Green tea ice cream IS good.

Are steamed taro or red bean paste buns considered desserts? I love those things.

Shit, didn't mean to respond to that post.

Not OP.

This is true, but there are no great Japanese deserts. Just great Japanese makers of European deserts.

10/10 for critical accuracy

Japanese sweets are pretty mild, but there's a wide array of them.

There is an aggressively competent French tradition here too, as you noted. They're generally great

Because East Asians (China, Korea, Japan) didn't traditionally have desserts in western sense.

They didn't eat rich, sugary breads after eating a meal. They maybe had a fruit or two sliced up for everybody to grab a piece.

Sweets in eastern cuisines were served at tea or festivities, not really meant to be eaten after a full meal.

So, the taste and the form was developed to go along with tea, not complement a main course.

we arent living in huts anymore, let need to get with the rest of us and make some sweetz

Asian desserts are invariably disappointing. Especially from Chinese bakeries.

I went to a Korean dessert place and the menu looked really good. Some stuff looked out-of-place or just plain wrong for desserts, but some items looked great.

We ordered a few things to try and nothing was really good. It's definitely a cultural thing - I don't expect/want bland eggy custard and red bean for dessert.

Tokyo is one of the easiest places to find great bread in. It's like Montreal, where I live, isn't even trying anymore.

Tried Tawainese dessert? Or Malaysian Dessert? Or Thai?

When i think of korean desert nothing comes to mind other than good bakeries over there. I think koreans aren't big on dessert.

I wish Malaysian kuih muih would catch on outside the country, theres such a huge and tasty variety.

I bet most Amerifats don't even have a concept of a healthy dessert

Having apples, melons, grapes and other fruits after a meal can be desserts but no one is defending those as desserts

They only had 50~100 years to digest the western concept of dessert and come up with something comparable on their own vs many centuries of desserts being refined further and further in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc., and later in the Americas.

I guess our desserts are just different kinds of sweetness, it's usually a lot more subtle, if a restaurant does serve dessert most if the time it's a soup. Baked stuff like breads and cakes are kind of a breakfast thing. I think my favorite it tong yuan or rice dumplings with sweet black sesame paste inside, it's eaten warm. This pic has some in a soup kind of like an egg drop soup, but flavored with rice wine and fragrant flowers.

In Hong Kong there's places that just serve desserts and you can get all sorts of mango dishes, steamed milk pudding, grass jelly, etc. Just have to explore more!

>if a restaurant does serve dessert most if the time it's a soup

Dessert soup?
That is just so wrong

Its just pudding I guess

Except for literally everyone in the UK.

You ass clowns also boil steaks so your opinions are worthless

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chè
Chè

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chè
>Chè
ur link does not work

Their desserts are a lot different and, yeah, worse. No chocolate, jam, or anything really indulgent, and a lot of fruit and red bean shit. It's not exactly bad, but it's usually a little bit disappointing.

The desserts that have condensed milk and mango are pretty good, like pic related.

should I bite? I dunno

not all Asian desserts are terrible, but it can almost objectively be stated that their imitations of Western desserts fall flat

I've never had a good western dessert made in Taiwan or Japan with maybe the exception of fresh chou creams

Yet there are quite a lot of excellent sweets made to Asian tastes, as another user said.

Off the top of my head:
Taiwan has pineapple cakes (crispy mini-pies stuffed with sweetened pineapple jam), taro-cream donut holes, sun cakes (soft, flaky with a caramel center), moon cakes with red bean and salty egg yolk centers (far better than it sounds), ice cream and peanut-candy shaving crepes, soup balls (mochi stuffed with sweet sesame or peanut cream served hot) and a few local varieties of ice cream including mango. It's not hard to find something sweet worth eating, but you pretty much have to avoid Western sweets unless you know that a shop is operated by a Westerner.

I think Malaysia also has caramelized sugar based mochi and lots of coconut. I ate Nyonya mochi before with mango and durian flavoring and it was tits. Their goat milk gelato is great too. Also they have coconut milk shakes and if that doesn't sound good to you you're a shit.

Hong Kong french toast is also awesome.

Just read up on that now after reading your post. actually sounds interesting.

thanks for the info.

What the fuck, are you a girl or a faggot?

Is this that Okinawa ice cream in Sunshine City? If it is I've been there. Royal Milk Tea is GOAT ice cream.

>eating food
>feeling suicidal

sorry to break it to you but something is wrong with you

is that cat wearing lenses or is its eyes just fucked up?

80% of Japanese desserts are copies of French pastries

>80%
*citation needed.

I can be anything you want me to be

Fugg I don't actually mean exactly 80% but I do mean the majority

I want you to be a girl but if you dont have a vajooper then its impossible

Don't be so intolerant, Archie. Give boy pussy a try.

asians cuisine do not have the concept of desserts?!

Those are yummy ... ...

Im curious as to what term you use to define people from China, Korea, Japan etc. And why don't you guys use the term Indian to refer to someone from the Indian subcontinent?

No it's actually a soup.

>china
chinese
>korea
korean
>japan
japanese
>indian
indian
>east asian
east asian
>indian subcontinent