Best Chefs

ITT: your favorite chefs

I'll start: Alton Brown

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98
pbs.org/video/1094273768/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alton has never even worked in a restaurant, let alone ran the kitchen. Thus he's not a chef at all.

Did you perhaps mean "cooks"?

Don't really care for his shows nowadays, but his books are a great read.

recommend one of his books for me to read senpai

Not the poster, but Kitchen Confidential us awesome. Medium Raw ain't bad, but I'd read it after KC.

Les Halles Cookbook; The Nasty Bits. I don't think his way of writing is for everyone, but I've certainly found it entertaining in my free time.

Alton Brown is not and has never been a chef.
Retard.

Thank you

yehe boi

Jim Morrison/Jesse Eisenberg?

kenji lopez alt

I don't think he was ever a real chef.

I'm pretty sure he's even said that himself

I ate at his new restaurant. They do a braised knorr stock pot simmered in knorr stock with a knorr stock reduction.

It was transcendent.

LOL ITS FUNNY BECAUSE THEY SPONSOR HIM

Ming Tsai seems really cool, his cooking shown on PBS is one of my favorites.

He was, just not at any restaurant that was all that noteworthy. He only really gained attention after writing Kitchen Confidential. He never even thought the book would be popular. When people went to talk to him they actually discovered he might make a good TV personality and offered him a Travel Channel show.

>celebrity chefs aren't chefs

Sure, and wwf wrestlers aren't wrestlers.

Congrats, you're fuckin stupid. Hulk Hogan would fucking rip you apart, brother.

Loved Kitchen Confidential, but then picked up and dropped A Cook's Travels. It seems that immediately after he ceased being a chef, he's just been phoning it in. I mean, good for him, that's his prerogative, but unless it's KC or No Reservations, I wouldn't bother.

>you're only a chef if you voluntarily become a wageslave getting screamed at by a melodramatic man in his 50s for any mistake
Alton's a better chef than you fucking cucks.

You quite literally don't know the definition of chef. You're on a food and cooking board and don't know the meaning of chef.

STFU cuck go jack off to Gordon Ramsey scream like a chimp at someone half his age for yawning in the kitchen.

As seen on "Cooking with Ja/ck/"

Funny story. My girlfriend's uncle is Raymond Blanc.

Seconded. Good eats is the best structured show ever. Period

Fav chefs

Is this guy actually a good chef or is he just a meme?

From Wiktionary:

Definition 3: "any cook."

Usage notes

When used in reference to a cook with no sous-chefs or other workers beneath him, the term connotes a certain degree of prestige—whether culinary education or ability—distinguishing the chef from a “cook”.

Alton Brown has both culinary education and prestige.

Dont be a definition autist. Words can have multiple meanings.

Who bait now?

>Have to use the third definition to support his point
You already lost. But you already knew that.

You don't have to play the semantics game just because you were exposed.

Words have meaning. Otherwise this thread might as well have been, "Which TV food personality is your favorite," in that case you can fuck off to /tv/

Here's the thing though:
Chef is basically the kitchen manager. It's much more of a business/management position than it ever has been about creating food or hell, even thinking about food beyond the costs/what'll get people's asses in seats.

nigga Alton himself said he isn't a chef do you realize how stupid you sound

He isn't a chef. He is a director. He started out doing music videos and then moved into television. He thought there weren't any good food shows when he was evaluating the market, so he went to culinary school to train up and started what would become Good Eats.

He's a documentarian turned TV personality, not a chef.

Alton brown is the best
I met him with a qt girl I was totally fucking and took a picture with him

Ive been whatching hia videos, hes the Donald Trump of cookong channels, he knows hes wrong and fucks upp but he manages to hide it with some other stupid shit, like the chess pie, that shit was undercooked as fuck but the crust was flaky

>fisting your political opinions Into every discussion

I love this.

i used to watch essence of emeril as a kid, but his live show was trash. always made good food though

my favorite chef was the white dude with the fro that painted tree's on PBS back in the 80's.

Bob Ross or some shit, dude made some mouth watering dishes. I could watch that hippy cook all day long.

youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98
sandra lee makes a mean kwanzaa cake

the lazy man's celebrity cook
chef Scalfani

Despite the "personality" they turned her into, this chick got mad skillz. Watch her work as an assistant on early Iron Chef America episodes. Mad chops. Fast and precise.

>filename doesn't say who this is
>google literally says "person"

...help?

Whatever happened to ICA anyway? Was it cancelled?

But user, you already posted him

Knorr spokesman

Named...?

This jolly motherfucker

Marco Pierre White

Also known for making Gordon Ramsey cry.
Or rather made Gordon choose to cry.

Isn't that a bitch. He was world renowned as a great chef, the bad boy, a traditional innovator, a contradiction through and through.

And then he becomes the spokesman of pre-stock....

Really shows you could be a great bridge builder and fuck a goat once and only be known/referred to as a goat fucker.

>Also known for making Gordon Ramsey cry.
haha what? story?

Shame about his son

Yeah, don't mess with Hluk Hogan!

White, who made his name at Harveys in Wandsworth, south London, claimed that Ramsay "cracked" after a particularly fearsome rebuke.

White said: "He had been a protégé at Harveys and he was always a hard worker and showed tremendous resilience when it came to my bollockings. He never cracked. Or rather, he never cracked until his final night at Harveys.

"I don't recall what he'd done wrong but I yelled at him and he lost it.

Gordon crouched down on the floor in the corner of the kitchen, buried his head in his hands and started sobbing. 'I don't care what you do to me,' he said as he wept. 'Hit me. I don't care. Sack me. I don't care.' I was hardly going to sack him; he was leaving the next day - I'd got him a job working for Albert Roux at Gavroche."

Tyler Florence is one of the best all around celebrity chefs. Most of them seem to have a specialty but he has good recipes for just about everything.

n-no homo

it's a toss up between alex "pear mom" guarnaschelli and robert "jesus christ that upper body" irvine

i don't really care about how they act or cook i just think they're both amazingly physically attractive

Heston

Jacques Pepin

her

Best recipes

These two

She's hot but I can't stand the way she pronounces foods with her bullshit Italian accent.

Seconded

Christ, she can't even use a knife properly. She tries to chop everything with a fucking mezzaluna and fucks it up every time. I've seen 8 year olds with better technique.

Rustic, mate

Triggered.

true iron chef coming through

>I've seen 8 year olds with better technique.
you sick fuck!

this

If anyone is interested, here's a young Emeril not acting like an assclown. Super comfy video.

pbs.org/video/1094273768/

guy is the best afterall hes the mayor of flavourtown

in 40 years this man will be considered a classic American chef.

I love Alton Brown. He's what got me into cooking. That being said, he's a great cook, and T.V personality. But he is not a chef.

>canadian

What is idiocracy?

Sure

edited for legality

you listen to her talk? you should turn in your man-card

He's Canadian you fucking retard

i think u meant flavor, friend

I just bought the big pasta book written by that greasy meatball on the right.

>Wiktionary

>all rekt, btfo style

Look guys, when someone posts the definition of a word, and it turns out you are wrong, its best to acknowledge your error and let it go.