Fucked up thawing steak

Hello I was thawing my steak and I went to run cold water over it in a pot in the sink. I accidently turned on the warm water for about 15 minutes and it thawed the steak a very little bit, now i have the proper cold water on it. It's a 1lb porterhouse if that matters so its pretty fucking frozen except at the tiny part that thawed from the warm water.

I'm assuming it will be fine because it wasn't in the "temperture danger zone" for very long but I am double checking. Can I still eat it and be fine?

Are you trolling right now, OP? Eh it's fine.

Yes. As long as you're planning to cook it today at some point.

if you eat it, you're either going to have to cook it well done or enjoy puking/shitting for the next 48 hours. just throw it out, user.

>because it wasn't in the "temperture danger zone" for very long

Correct. You're fine.

You've activated the toxins. Throw it out, and then buy a grass-fed, free range organic steak at your local Whole Foods MarketĀ®!

I had no idea thawing with warm water was supposed to be dangerous. I've done it tons of times.

you'll be fine, something has to be in the danger zone for over four hours to become dangerous

F

>I had no idea thawing with warm water was supposed to be dangerous. I've done it tons of times.

It can be dangerous if it goes on for hours. Short-term it's not a risk.

But that said, there's really no reason not to use cold water. Cold water is only slightly slower thawing speed but carries no safety risk. It also costs you less money on your energy bill.

Since this is already a thread, what's the consensus on microwave thawing? I've never been able to do it right so I've just stuck to refrigerator or cold water, but is there actually a good way to do it?

> I've never been able to do it right
Go to the Asian store and get a Japanese microwave

>chaos defrost
Wut

never really works well. seems like edges of the meat always cook before it's completely thawed.

It varies a lot based on your microwave. Some are worse than others about uneven heating.

Certainly good advice. But even they are not that great (I have one less than 1 year old).

I only thaw in the microwave if it's an emergency.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE

next time thaw it in a 5% solution of cold salt water.

It harnesses the power of Khorne

I usually thaw directly in a brine, it's faster than bag in water.

>not planning ahead and leaving it out to thaw

>Thaw steaks in hot water for like 10 minutes and back in fridge if I'm not cooking them for a bit
>Nothing bad has ever happened to me or family
They feel like room temp when they come out. I guess that's what you want if you're grilling them right away.

Literal fucking retard...

I defrost in warm water all the time. Never been sick. Unless you leave it in there for several hours, you're fine.