Rye Whiskey

I'm a bourbon drinker but recently someone recommended I try drinking rye, spouting hyperbole about how it's thousands of times better than bourbon.

Is this true? Also, what are your favorite Rye Whiskeys Veeky Forums?

>I'm a bourbon drinker

I like it
it's got a little spice

Well I mean it is very different than bourbon but not thousands of times better or anything. Rye imparts alot of spice and whatnot, so it can be more complex than bourbon, and is usually less sweet because the corn in bourbon adds alot of sweetness.

The one in the middle of your pic, High West, is really good, in fact almost all their stuff is really good.. Bulleit rye is good too for not super expensive.

But bourbon isn't something fedora enthusiasts drink, that's Scotch.

and only single malt

I love Bulleit bourbon but I've never tried their rye. I think I'll go with that, thanks

Fact is most rye in north america is bourbon cut with a little rye flavour (natural or artificial).

The only 100% rye grain I know of is Alberta Premium

I'm not a fan of rye at all. We drink whiskey because it's sweet, but rye...isn't. It's dry, bitter, spicy. (And I like spice in balance and moderation, so a high-rye bourbon is fine to me.) Some are even salty, or slightly sour.

I just find the whole flavor profile highly unpleasant and in most cases, unnecessarily harsh.

Well I just came back from the liquor store with a handle of Bulleit Rye, and it says it's 95% Rye. Sounds good enough to me

>most

Jesus christ fucking kill yourself you illiterate fuck

I was worried after reading your post and checked the bottle. Thought I would comment and bump the thread at the same time

Is there a problem? Are you okay?

what are some good high-rye bourbons?

Old Overholt or nothing.

Bulliet is the first that comes to mind.

i'm a party man

>yfw they don't sell Alberta Premium in Quebec

I like rye because it doesn't have the sweetness

George Dickel's rye is pretty solid. I recommend it.

>Fact is most rye in north america is bourbon cut with a little rye flavour

You're a daft motherfucker, you know that? This thread is about American rye, not the sorry excuse for whiskey that Canadians call rye.

Bullshit. Pic extremely related. Ain't no hipsters getting Scotch in there.