Normal, everyday vegetarian meals are pretty tricky

Normal, everyday vegetarian meals are pretty tricky.

There's no real protein that tastes good on its own; tofu, beans, lentils, seitan, they taste like nothing unless you season or sauce the hell out of them.

So many recipes just pile cheese on everything. Quiche, lasagna, pizza, etc. Which is fine, but those are a lot of work, and I like more traditional meals some times.

I probably just have to adapt, but it's weird.

What do you folks eat most of the time?

eat soy meat

eat fucking yogurt

bananas with a sauce made from cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon juice are a god tier snack. its seriously so easy and so delicious.
(the slices in pic related)

I also eat a lot of toasted buttered naan with garlic salt.

I'm not a vegetarian but those spring to mind

Using cheese is a lot of work?
Quiche and lasagna are not traditional meals?
Beans and lentils have no taste of their own?

Sorry OP, there is nothing I can do to help at this point.

Try fried tofu (tofu pok) and skin (yuba), they're much tastier than plain tofu, which I agree is pretty terrible.

Slices of fried tofu are great in stir fries, whole cubes torn open go in curries and broths, and the skins you can just use shredded in anything or to make spring rolls.

Also nuts.

how do you make nuts for dinner?

Quinoa. I think its a little expensive, don't know your budget.
Get powdered spices and experiment.

nut loaf

mushrooms, eggs?

You include them as a major ingredient. For example, satay sauce makes for some amazing noodles.

You just eat nut sauce and noodles?

>mushrooms
Im vegan and I don't simply care about my protein intake, I don't even eat lentils, just grains. So far I feel like a shit but I felt the same eating meat.

OP, it is legit
you are total fegit
do you get it?

>more traditional meals some times.
Like protein, starch and two veg? That's very much a meat eater's diet, particularly the northern part of Europe. That shit does not translate very well to vegetarian eating, because the whole protein as centerpiece of the plate is a meat eating thing.

If you're looking for inspiration better to look at places where not eating meat all the time is more common, like southern Europe, north Africa, the Middle East and South Asia. They can give you ideas about how to set up a vegetarian meal without it seeming like something is missing.

>I feel like a shit but I felt the same eating meat

so you just accept this as part of life? why not just give up, that sounds miserable.

This thread is so American it hurts

I already did. I just wish everything to simply end but without me undertaking any actions.

Real vegetarians eat beans and lentils and spicy indian dishes.

fake shit like soy products and tofu and quorn are shit and further perpetuate the lazy poser vegetarian

>the only alternative to hamboigahs is pizza
Spot the carnist

You can add other ingredients user. Julienned carrots, peppers, shallots and chillies, bean sprouts, tofu pok slices, garnish with more toasted peanuts, lots of green onion and cilantro, stick a lime wedge on the side. It's great.

I have it with sambal prawns, but the noodles alone are plenty good.

I make a ton of delicious stuff with lentils and beans. You just need the right vegetables/aromatics/spices to complement them and they're fucking delicious.

Curried lentils with sweet potatoes and kale
Lentil soup with sausage, carrots, celery and chard
Gumbo with chickpeas/red kidney beans, okra, and potatoes.

Being vegetarian is not hard, shit is delicious.

i'm indian we make the best veg food

Eat meat you fucking monkey.

Fried tofu slices
Sgaggheti
Omelette Eggs

Mix them all together with bit of spices/pepper and salt in frying pan

Meat and other animal products

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say sausage isn't vegetarian.

beans and lentles aren't bad on their own. now, theyre fucking drop down amazing with meat (even just a little), but theyre hardly shit. If you are full vegetarian you can easily substitute some cream and butterfat to work the food. otherwise you pretty much need to learn to spice shit. spicing shit is the trick to vegetarian meals. That's why the main cultures that practiced vegeterian or vegan like diets have a very heavy spice culture.

work your spices and salt and legumes will come to life. If you are too much of a faggot to do that, then I suggest killing yourself or going back to animal based diets

I quite liked oats boiled down in stock and milk (cows milk of course, since I'm a filthy carnist).

Why not make a big batch of Seitan spiced however you want it and throw it in the fridge?

I meant freezer, not fridge.

You just need to experiment more.

This salad is less salad, and more sliced vegetables. And sriratcha roasted potatoes.

Mmmmm.

>Quinoa
AKA Amaranth for retards. Amaranth is the same thing only with smaller seeds and half the price.

i like beans and lentils with just salt. maybe you're buyin shitty beans.

how about just eating meat you big sissy.

eggs

Exactly what I'm thinking.

user are you okay
Eating enough protein is important. It may help you feel less like shit if you're actually deficient in it. Pls take care of yourself user

Just buy whatever veg is on offer and let that be your guide faggot. My week looked like:

Cabbage and chilli risotto with toasted walnuts.

Tomatoes stuffed with last nights risotto and baked served with a rocket salad.

Brocolli, green pepper and peanut stir fry with udon (seasoned w habanero, mirin, rice vinegar, soy, spring onions).

Spicy braised chickpeas and roasted squash (oregano, wine, shallots, tomatoes, lots of olive oil and salt on the chickpeas, just butter and sage on the squash).

Spaghetti Puttanesca w lots of parm (GOAT junk food if you use lots of garlic, capers, good olives, IRISH BUTTER, not too much chilli or none at all, olive oil ).

Braised lentils, wilted spinach and polenta cakes. (butter, miso, carrots/onions/celery inthe lentils, salt on the spinach, oregano chilli onion salt in the polenta).

>I probably just have to adapt
No, you just have to stop following dumb pointless fads.

>tfw literally no kitchen

>tfw american

Yeah, I eat a lot of pizza, bean & cheese burritos, and grilled cheese from in-n-out. Not so healthy, but ehh, I also drink a ton of beer, and I'm not fat or dead.

vegetarian cooking is fundamentally different because you can't rely on a main protein as the centerpiece of a meal. Vegetarian meals work best as a medley of lots of different ingredients including vegetables, starches, and proteins like beans.

It's not like you'll get cancer right after eating a burger, you know. You're just gonna start having health issues earlier and more frequently than the rest.

the solution is to not be a vegetarian, as it is biologically and objectively incorrect

throw off the bonds of cuckoldry
throw off that b12 deficiency and git gud at life

the protein in that meal is the broccoli...

i make a soup out of cabbage, tomatoes, onions, jalepenos, lentils and pinto beans every day. tastes great.

i wasnt trying to be vegan, im just poor

Looks good. What kind of dressing is that? .