Mac & Cheese

Check out this super Simple Mac & cheese Recipe
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv2PvsfyFBg

Wow, poorly made basic mac and cheese.

Fuck off, shill. Everyone knows how to make make mac and cheese, but most people here are better cooks than you.

>1 cheese
>no baking breadcrumbs
>no mustard
0/10

Wow this was really cool and helpful, I'll try this recipe some time. Usually I just add a jar of Ragu cheese sauce to noodles but this seems much better

>make mornay sauce out of whatever cheeses you feel like at the time
>cook pasta almost done
>mix
>cover with shreds of another, complimentary cheese to what you used in the mornay
>mix crumbs with a little butter
>crumb over the cheese for additional texture
>stick
>stick in oven with broiler on for long enough to melt the cheese on top and toast the crumbs

There you go. Easy as fuck, never fails mac and cheese. The worst thing that'll happen is you mismatch cheeses and it comes out suboptimal which'll still be pretty damn good. You can experiment with adding shit like mustard, how much salt, pepper, crab, whatever, but basically, for easy mode: mornay sauce and pasta.

>crab

seafood is not for cheeser

not really, half of the board is fast food threads. plus the title said simple mac and cheese, and the recipe they made is pretty simple. i like when anyone shows their cooking even if its basic its different from the shitty repeat threads every week.

>defending blatant advertising

I hate prepackaged cheese, but do you think it melts better and ends up creamier?

yeah i know, but still. are the "hey burger king has new X" and mcchicken posts not advertisting as well?

>half of the board is fast food threads
If someone is inclined to eat that sort of fast food garbage then why would they be even remotely interested in browsing a Food & Cooking board?

Really makes you think.

>If someone is inclined to eat that sort of fast food garbage then why would they be even remotely interested in browsing a Food & Cooking board?

It's food?
>hurr people should only talk about food I LIKE
Fuck off faggot, you have no nuts

>I hate prepackaged cheese, but do you think it melts better and ends up creamier?
If you mean pre shredded cheese, the answer is no....they actually put more preservative shit on it to keep it fresher and it doesn't melt quite as good as cheese you shredded yourself but it still works

>Fuck off faggot,
You obviously didn't think.

Walk (or ride your mobility scooter) into a fast food establishment and ask yourself if the people you see would be the sort of people who would be interested in lurking a Food & Cooking board. Or would they rather spend their time talking about /g/ames or /a/nything else.

Pre-shredded cheese can have a few ingredients added, should really check the labels. Potato starch is a common one, to stop the cheese from sticking together.

Looks fucking pathetic.

I eat fast food like once a week, and I make multiple fast food threads here every day and there's nothing you can do about it queerboy

>Bagged cheddar

Not a good idea due to anti-sticking chemicals they use

>No breadcrumbs
>No baking
>Only milk in the sauce
>No half and half or heavy cream.
>Only one cheese
>Not using pecorino as well.

Looks meh

>breadcrumbs anywhere near my mac

go fuck yourself.

I think what you guys are missing is that this is intended to be a "super simple" recipe, it says so in the title

When I hear that I assume the point of something is to be done with as few ingredients, as quickly as possible, and with as little clean up as possible

Mustard?

I don't know man, you might as well just make Kraft Mac & Cheese at that point

I'm assuming he means mustard powder, a good addition.

I'm guessing you've never put a bread crumb topping on a mac and cheese. So Solly Cholly.

This is how you mack

>This is the worst recipe ever

I don't see anyone posting anything better

>Not making the godlike spaghetti al cacio e pepe with pecorino Romano in stead of whatever vile milk fat concoction people often douse their pasta in

You miss somehow?

That recipe is significantly more complicated and takes much longer than the OP recipe, which is clearly intended to be quick and simplistic

It's like saying oven baked brownies are better than microwaved mug ones, no fucking shit, but that's not the point