Dieting thread

How do you execute your diets you fat fu/ck/s?
What do you eat
Yesterday I had some oatmeal for breakfast, then some coffee.
For lunch, my family got together and we made fresh guacamole and ate it with tostitos scoops.
For dinner I ate some steak, delicious. Finished the day at only ~1400 calories.

Today, I only had coffee for breakfast. Held my hunger for most of the day until 2pm, where my family and I had a salad with freshly blackened chicken, and kibe with mustard. I was satisfied. Unfortunately my Mom soon after made some cheese bread, and I ate at least 7 with some salami. Knocked me up already to 1400 calories. Now its 11:00, I'm pretty hungry but I've got it under control. Just gotta get my coffee tomorrow morning then I'll be good.

Calories in Calories Out

Come on man don't fall for diets
Eat what you like and exercise

Also what are some tips or techniques you have when dieting?
>bowl of oatmeal for breakfast
>always drink coffee in the morning, it suppresses hunger
>make sure to have a small breakfast
>it'd be ideal for you to evenly spread your calories throughout the day
>count your calories of course
>I end up eating just one big meal a day though. Not exactly the best strategy as it makes you more sensitive to indulgence.

This desu

I eat a lot more whole foods for overall health, but I eat junk food after dinner everyday.

One strange technique I used during college
>sick of dining hall food
>eat just a tasty cinnamon roll in the morning
>drink coffee
>go hungry for rest of say
>eat a controlled meal for dinner
pretty effective. Got me from 150 lbs to 139 lbs. But after summer I'm back at 153 lbs. I'm gonna try to not do that strategy, its rather unhealthy.

i recently went form 115-90kg in about 4 months
just stuck on a 1300-1600calorie diet
i feel eggs are very filling, and i would just have the occasional pepsi max to past the time until my next feed

thats pretty common user, its called intermittent fasting.

Nice.
Ausfag? I'm on a similar diet, swapped beer for Pepsi Max.
Exercise?

skip breakfast
eat 3 250 cal snacks during day
eat big 600 cal pot of soup at end of day

go for high volume low cal food. went from 350 to 280 this year

huh, I always thought skinnyfat just meant someone whos skinny but not in shape. never realized it was talking about a specific bodytype like that.

its both. you look small but you still have a high bf% because you have 0 muscle. you could look normal, you could look like that retard

Nutritarian.

Stop dieting, eat better food and more of it.

First post, best post, as usual (though start
caring about nutrition as well once you've gotten a bit used to CICO, get those sweet micronutrients).

The first tip in dieting is: NEVER DIET, it implies you're going to stop. Change your lifestyle permanently with small but livable changes, changing your unhealthy snacks with healthier snacks you also love over time. Or, if you can't handle that because you have a huge sweettooth, just do what fp says and just count calories. Aim for a caloric deficit of 500 (according to your updated daily intake) until you reach your target weight, then just up it to your maintenance calories.

Also, CARDIO. At least 2, ideally 3-7 times a week.

And DONT listen to this user, falling for the meal skipping meme can lead to serious issues as well as binge eating.

I stopped drinking soda a few weeks ago.

I'm talking 2-3 cans a day, drinking entire 2 liters from time to time because I hated stale soda.

Suddenly, i'm not taking 2-4 acitominophen pills daily, and I don't feel as hungry anymore.

Am I dying?

Other concerns: I can only ever afford to eat one large meal a day, generally, unless i'm lucky. Is this going to kill me or negate any weight loss I get from no more soda?

Nzfag
Just at uni no work so got a lot of spare time so i just lift 6 times a week

you're body will probably re-adjust.
a doctor should be able to set you up with a plan if things go south

Nah bro, I have been lifting weights all my life brah that technically makes me an expert on nutrition.
No, not even nutritionists know shit about nutrition, I'm going to the doctor

>0 muscle
>look normal
Pick one and only one
Skinnyfats don't have the frame to support normal fat storage, which is why they look like shit. It doesn't take a lot of effort to grow enough muscle to even out a skinnyfat body's fat proportions. People are just too lazy or uneducated to do the work.

By beheading, as is tradition among my people.

I lost 10lbs in a month (slow, but pleasant) doing this.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of rolled oats with 1/2 cup of almond milk and about 1/3 of a red delicious apple chopped.

This particular bowl of oats should be around 200 calories. If you're hungry again and it's not even noon, then just make more. I usually have this twice a day.

Dinner: one bowl-full of fried brown rice. Doesn't matter what's in it as long as it's not overly oily and you only eat one bowl. Not a giant big ass salad bowl, just a regular bowl.

But yeah, the key is lots of fiber.

But the op's post was literally about calories and calories alone

I'm starting to think that Veeky Forums just scans the catalog for threads loosely related to health and then just spouts off with their own retarded agenda and "everyone is stupid except me"

Have you considered a tall, refreshing glass of bleach?

Eat a very high carb, and very low fat, diet. Avoid simple sugar as well.

so a food like veggie bean chili with whole grain bread is a perfect meal for someone on a diet. non fat yogurt and skim milk as also good.

white rice and pasta should be avoided, though.

>I lost 10lbs in a month

At best, you should be losing 1lb a week. 10lbs in a month sounds like too much.

Casually. I'm no good at breaking old habits and making new ones. Not enough determination. But over time, I've been able to wean myself off things like Soda or McDonalds. But that takes years. And it'll take time for your body to adjust. Though, managing my diet is hardest if I also try to be Veeky Forums. I get so much hungrier when I'm exercising that it's harder to resist upping the quantity.

Ritalin or something similar. I have 10mg 3 times a day and i can barely stomach a cup of oats during that time, meanwhile i go for 10ish km walks. After it wears off i have a decent dinner.

Its amazing how little the body actually needs to run.

I do cardio five days a week, so that raised my metabolic rate quite a bit. It also has the strange side effect of suppressing my appetite for an hour too.

Not a diet but a lifestyle change. Ended up doing research into keto, reading the studies, side effects, preventative measures, etc.
Yes I know
>memes
But honestly, it works for me. I'm not miserable, I'm full all the goddamn time, I can make some bomb ass food, and eat dessert occassionally (strawberry cheesecake in the freezer for a few hours, 67 calories 90% from fat, I make them into bite sized scoops and eat one - generally too full to eat any more than that).

The first week I wasn't hungry at all. Eating 700-800 calories per day, and not being hungry. I was paranoid at first I wasn't logging food, I must have snuck a bite of something, but no. I just wasn't hungry. It was a weird feeling for me.
And when I did get hungry it was ignorable, instead of the ravenous carb-hunger I'd experience before.

I could eat a thousand calories of cereal and be hungry for dinner. Now I eat a 200-400 calorie breakfast and am satisfied until dinner, or if it's closer to 200 some lunch.
Was 230, now I'm at 219 after 2 weeks. A lot of that is water weight, but this is still a number I haven't seen in a long time.
I still have the occassional craving.. bread, or candy. But I just make a replacement (cheesecake stuff mentioned before, bread made from cheese and almond meal, etc) and I'm good to go.
Happiest I've ever been and I don't think I'll ever go back, but it's probably not for everyone.

I have but a glass of bleach has awful nutritional value
0/10 would not drink

I only eat if someone is around and I eat my entire portion to give the illusion that I'm eating a lot. So I'll eat around my roommate, if I go out to eat with someone, or if I'm visiting family. But I don't eat on my own. I also don't eat animal products, fast food, or soda. I don't count calories but I assume I'm restricting almost every day with these techniques; I went from 185 lbs to 146 lbs now, goal weight is 115 lbs. Also I drink a ton of liquids. Mostly tea. And I try to have at least one cup of green tea a day as it speeds up metabolism.

If you're struggling this much over a couple of days then you're going to fail badly, just give in now and order a pizza

After you lose weight then you can stuff your face and lift and you'll get muscles (if you're male)

Just get used to eating less faggot.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, coffee
Lunch: 7inch wrap, sliced chicken breast
Dinner: Chicken and veg, or just a can of chunky soup if I'm lazy

That's it. Most days don't reach 1200 calories. I'm a fat fuck at 250lbs and I can make do on this. Down from 290 about 2-3 months ago.

>How do you execute your diets you fat fu/ck/s?
OP, if you don't plan your food, and just wait for your family to feed you, you might be sadly going to yoyo up and down in calories. Start being proactive, so you can get your calories from added salads, veg soups, whole fruit, sensible snacks, and so forth. Yes, it's okay just to watch your calories, but if you don't consider nutrition and hunger levels as part of your plan, you typically do fail to keep on track.

Start with some good habits of your fluid intakes (and not just coffee), and breakfast, sure. But, I don't see anything else going on. Do you have a job? car? shop for yourself? If you don't, you're going to need to get your family onboard too with their planned meals, and maybe even take over some of the cooking.

Just, like, don't eat so much

A vitamin pill and1 and half liters of water for breakfast,
a banana mixed with half a kilo of quark and bit of fat free milk for lunch,
an orange, can of tuna and an egg for dinner,
protein powder mixed with water after work out.

And more water and more water and more water...

t. mad fatty

BLOG INCOMING

I started keto in 2014 managed to lose 60 or so lbs before a break due to medical reasons. I found it worked for me because i do tend to binge eat when stressed so i did learn a fair amount of discipline.

quit thinking about what you eat. Just stop eating.

But good job today :^)

if the meal you eat is 500 less than you tdee then youll be fine, eating one giant meal a day helps with weight loss for some seeing as you can eat a giant fast food meal and maybe even a shake. just try and make the one meal somewhat nutritious and within your calories and maybe invest in a thing of multivitamins as well.

Potatoes are THE single best dieting food simply because of the volume to calorie ratio and how many ways you can prepare them.

My favorite is to cut them into wedges, boil for 10 minutes, fluff them up by shaking in a pot with 1 tbsp of oil and then bake.

Result is pic related which is way crispier than most fries I've had.

Also, steak, chicken and meat in general is very satiating and fairly low calorie depending on how you prepare it.

t. guy that lost 70 lbs, gained it all back due to weed and lmaodepressionxD and is now down 20 lbs in the past month

I will remember this
you just shake them in a pot with oil?
do you prefer oil? Have you tried bacon grease?

god user that sounds delicious

Yes, this is Hestons recipe if I remember correctly, but he just cuts them in half and basically fries them in the oven with a fuckload of oil. Really not necessary.

The pic I posted is about 500-600 grams of raw potatoes and I used 1 tbsp of sunflower oil. After boiling, leave them in a strainer to steam off and dry for 5 minutes and then just put them in a pot with some oil and shake violently till they are fluffy.

I've never tried bacon grease but I've used butter and it didn't change anything. I'd imagine bacon grease wouldn't either considering the amount you're using.

thank you user I will try it sometime this week
fucking 25lbs of large baker potatoes for 4.88 at costco

Only ate vegetables, citrus fruit, water, black tea, chicken and pork for five months. Went from 300 to 150 in that time. then ate a little more variety, but added exercise, and have since gotten down and maintained at 135

>The first tip in dieting is: NEVER DIET, it implies you're going to stop.
I don't see a logical problem.

Set lifestyle to balancing in/out at neutral.
Then temporarily bring it into negative to lose weight, aka diet.
Once you're at the weight you want, stop diet, just set to healthy neutral regime.

my diet is easy, its called cigarettes and hating yourself. and then just get a job as a chef and constantly graze while doing hard physical labour 14 hours a day for an entire apprenticeship. i lost 50Kg.

speeds up your metabolism. then have one cheat day a week. eat literally everything and anything and drink etc to your hearts desire. so much that you cant for the rest of the week. you will gain 2-3 kg for about a day but then it disappears

Fellow ketoanon here. Keep up the good work! What app do you use to track your nutrition?

Replace any bread or starch on your plate with vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, turnips, etc. They have lots of fiber and it keeps you full. Helped me a lot.

I went from 230 to 190 by skipping breakfast, for lunch having something like two pizza slices or a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich combo with diet soda and fries, or a 6" subway sub with a soup (I never packed lunch to work), and then having a normal sized dinner

I put it back on though after I got laid off and took up alcoholism but I wasn't a fatass for like 5 years

How much fucking aromat is on that broccoli

I don't get how do you measure the calories. Do you just like weigh up every portion of your food?

By eating food with measurable or measured calories: ½ cup of rolled oats is 150 calories, a glass of milk is about 100 calories, golden rule (unscientifically proven) rule is that a large apple of any variety is 150 calories too.

Things like your mom's homemade lasagna can't be accurately measured, so it's best just to go easy if you're gonna eat something like that. Commit yourself to small servings if you're gonna eat something that dense.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, can use the serving size to make a reasonable estimate of calories. You don't need any more specificity than that as an average guy just trying to lose some weight.

>Things like your mom's homemade lasagna can't be accurately measured

It can if you add up all the ingredients which go into it, then divide by the serving size.

There are also plenty of websites which can provide estimates as well.

>Things like your mom's homemade lasagna can't be accurately measured
Yeah thats on the crux of my issues with measurements as I'm eating exclusively mom's homemade.

>You don't need any more specificity than that as an average guy just trying to lose some weight.
What about a very fat guy trying to lose weight? (350lbs)

>350lbs
It's easier the heavier you are. Things get difficult once you reach 15% body fat and you're trying to preserve muscle mass.

If you haven't, go to and read the sticky. Feel free to only read the diet portion, it's a great start for losing weight.

limit sugar intake to 25g/day (including fruits) or less and salt intake to 2.5g/day.

for breakfast: yoghurt with oats, nuts and fruits, eggs with tomatos, pancakes with fruits

lunch, dinner: salat, something with vegetables, fast food only once per week.

drinks: tea or water, no juice or soda. beer one bottle per week.

>Yeah thats on the crux of my issues with measurements as I'm eating exclusively mom's homemade.

But they can be accurately measured. Add up the ingredients your mom used, then divide by the % of the whole that you ate. Basic math, bro.

>Yeah thats on the crux of my issues with measurements as I'm eating exclusively mom's homemade.

Then just don't eat a lot or, you know, cook your own meals. You gotta have control, user.

If you want a lazy, but expensive way to lose weight then do keto. You can just cook up a shit load of salted meat with low GI vegetables every day.