Why do some restaurants have sides of rice so tasty you could eat it by itself...

Why do some restaurants have sides of rice so tasty you could eat it by itself? It definitely doesn't taste that good when I cook it in butter/broth/whatever

you talking about places with mexi rice? Pretty sure its jasmin/basmati with garlic inflused butter and cilantro. Good shit. Would be good with Japanese/Korean rice.

MSG
S
G

Not OP.

I sometimes put MSG in my rice and it still isn't top tier. I use a zojirushi, so that part is consistent.

Gotta be something else.

I had some delicious rice at a Filipino place

>Why do some restaurants have sides of rice so tasty you could eat it by itself? It definitely doesn't taste that good when I cook it in butter/broth/whatever
Why? Well, rice is cheap filler of a plate for them. That's why they serve it. Their low cost and your choosing rice means their higher profit.

The one in your picture, the Chipotle cilantro lime rice, is made much as sushi rice is seasoned with sugary rice vinegar while hot...juice and herbs are folded in when it comes right out of the steamer.

Latin/caribbean rice to be served alongside beans typically has a little corn or olive oil in the cooking water, and sometimes a clove of garlic or chopped onion. It's also fully salted in advance. If the rice is colored, you can be assured it's something cheaply done in a restaurant, with sazon goya a type of seasoned bouillon cube, is really all it is. All of this is attainable at home.

Some rice you get in restaurants is automatically more delicious because it's basmati, jasmine or some starchy short rice.

Any asian, indian, arabic...lean more towards fully flavored biryani, paellalike, pilaf kinds of creations, and might be butter based versus oil based depending on the local climate. The really good stuff has the kind of stock that is gelatinous, or cooked with the meat on the bones right in the rice.

Different rices taste different. Also, how its harvested, processed and packed, believe it or not, also affects taste.
If the rice looks plain, the difference is likely that the rice they're using differs from yours either in variety, harvesting, processing or packing.

I went to a Korean restaurant the other day and their rice was fucking glorious. Good thing it was a lot too since the actual meal was spicy as fuck

throw whole spices in while the rice cooks. like cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, etc.

don't forget a little dollop of your own cum

im not cooking for your mum again

smoked me like a 10 pound ham

If anything else fails, you might just use shit quality rice.

do you rinse your rice? you need to keep rinsing it until your water is basically transparent

I work in a restaurant. And it's just a lot of butter and some added herb we use chives

Pork fat

I use some good quality short grain californian rice I got from an asian market. literally all I do is rinse it a little, follow the directions on the bag for stove top, and salt it a little before closing the lid. comes out great everytime. fry the leftovers in a pan with eggs for breakfast the next few days, get the rice crispy.

I make basmati and add chopped cilantro and lime juice right before serving. Excellent with Tex mex

This place has the best rice I have ever tasted.

Comparing the white rice to all other places, it's doesn't compare. I know this is just plain white rice but it's so good.

I don't know if they cum in the rice or something but whatever it takes to make it taste good.

>fry the leftovers in a pan with eggs for breakfast the next few days
hey man, don't keep that leftover rice in the fridge more than a day. Bacillus cereus.

Sounds cerius