Breyers

Is Breyers even trying anymore?

this has been sitting on my counter all night and hasn't changed shape.

Other urls found in this thread:

yodersrestaurant.com/main/the-history-of-sarasota-s-amish-and-mennonite-communities/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thinly veiled i live in a walk in freezer?

Some shill anons said this new "gelato" was good so I decided to try it. it was like $6 and tastes like ass.

I hate this sort of ice cream, it has so much shit in it so it never melts and is foammed up to the max.

>Is Breyers even trying anymore?
I think only their "all natural" five flavors are the only decent things they make. They caved in and started other flavors along the lines of candy bar flavors to be like the lowest level winndixie/blue bunny/edy's style of over-air whipped (helps mouthfeel), overly sugary crap (sugar stands in for flavor from more sweetness from more cream or natural vanilla).

I stick to Publix, ben, haagen daaz, but I do like Talenti gelato (only half the flavors are good). If you want some yummy homemade ice cream, there could be something regional at your markets as well. I can get great ice cream from Sarasota's amish peeps

I remember Bryer's vanilla bean icecream fondly as a kid. It was always better than the other store icecreams even though it never came in large packages. That's how I figured out bulk foodstuff is trash.

sarasota, florida? There's Amish people there? I live in orlando. I usually buy talenti, graeter's, b&j's, or publix brand. just figured I'd try this breyers gelato to see if they've gotten any better.

'gourmet graham crumble'

this triggers me

Yeah even the graham cracker was shit tier, was stale and soaked up with moisture.

go with tillamook next time

>sarasota, florida? There's Amish people there? I live in orlando. I usually buy talenti, graeter's, b&j's, or publix brand. just figured I'd try this breyers gelato to see if they've gotten any better.
Yea, Amish people are snowbirds too, and come down for the season to their Florida homes. Big Olaf's Creamery has locations from siesta key to lakewood ranch and you can buy gallons to take home. But Yoder's restaurant in the Amish "village" neighborhood of Sarasota called Pinecraft, features big wheeled bikes rather than cars (Sarasota said "no" to horses), no lights on in the houses at night, and lots of amish folks out in front of the ice cream shop socializing in the evenings (when it's cool).
yodersrestaurant.com/main/the-history-of-sarasota-s-amish-and-mennonite-communities/

You're not very far in Orlando, and if you do go on a weekend visit this way, do enjoy a meal and ice cream at yoders, it's fully staffed by amish and kind of a hoot with things on the menu like rivel soup . It's got a diner feel, kind of like a cracker barrel but with supremely good vegetable sides. There are lots of take home bakery items at the register, and is locally famous for making thousands of pies in a single day to supply thanksgiving tables around town. I live about an hour away, but I've been half a dozen times.

lol nice

>big olaf's
I'm originally from cape coral/fort myers, we had one of those in a mall a long time ago but it closed.

I need to make a trip to tampa soon, I usually go to the thai buddhist temple that does those big food events every sunday, some of the best soup and coconut custards I've ever had.

>Yoder's
My best friend as a kid was a Yoder. Those people fuck like rabbits. I'm about an hour south of Sarasota. The farmers market I go to has tons of Amish people and they seem to make the best everything. Their stuff isn't even expensive for the quality you get.

>Is Breyers even trying anymore?

They don't have to.

When youre amish what good is money?

Support the singularity corporation

>My best friend as a kid was a Yoder. Those people fuck like rabbits.
Are you trying to say he had a lot of siblings, or that the families are large? I didn't know.

But, I do know they save their $$$$. They don't believe in insurance (consider it gambling), so there's some pretty hefty bank going around in some families. I'm all for rich families having a lot of kids, really. Good for them.

I think that the food at Yoders is pretty typical diner fare but there is an extremely good daily special that lends itself to some old school recipes that is really good. I wouldn't go out of my way, but when I'm in town, it's nice.

My old city was Miami, and driving down to mennonites in Homestead to Knaus' Berry Farm was definitely worth the drive. Ridiculously good dilly bread, fresh berry pies and milkshakes. Their big seller for the line out the door are the cinnamon rolls, which truth be told, were caramel rolls and very light on the cinnamon. I knew lots of people who had two packages in the freezer, ready to reheat to enjoy when Knaus closed for the summer each year.

>I need to make a trip to tampa soon, I usually go to the thai buddhist temple that does those big food events every sunday, some of the best soup and coconut custards I've ever had.
That's not my thing, but I think you would absolutely enjoy going to the Fruit n Spice Park in Homestead for the annual Asian Culture festival which has a tent with those meals. It's worth a hotel in town and special trip..it's really that good. There will be old men grilling bamboo with sweet and smoky purple sticky rice custard inside. You snap off a section of bamboo and use it as a scoop to dine. Their are grandmas with big mortar and pestle pounding up lemongrass and making homemade green papaya salad, or pouring batter and octopus into those round balls (forget the name). Every ambassador in the US is there, promoting their country, from Iran to Laos, bringing costumes, musicians, etc

Insurance is a waste

>75.0F+ room temperature
how are you still alive?

it can't legally be called ice cream anymore. there isn't enough cream in it.

live in Florida, pretty used to it. growing up, my dad would keep the a/c at 80°.
yes and gelato probably isn't a regulated term.
>"people don't like our frozen dairy dessert, what do?"
>"Call it gelato and put it in a fancy package"
>wa la!

that looks god fucking awful
it's like it's made with vegetable oil and emulsifiers instead of milk and cream

I live in Sarasota 2 Big olaf is the shit

Turkey Hill>>Hagan-Das>>>>>All

>or pouring batter and octopus into those round balls (forget the name)

takoyaki

Breyers is fucking disgusting

LOCAL ICE CREAM BRAND REPORTING FOR DUTY

Aren't all these store-bought ice "creams" just products of sophisticated chemical engineering and food processing?

Turkey Hill black raspberry ice cream is godly, possibly my all time favorite ice cream.

If you look closely you will not see "Ice cream" anywhere on a Breyers container because they are legally prohibited from false advertising. It was a solid brand that got bought by Unilever and diluted to an extreme. I heard it doesn't even melt at room temp, that's how fucked it is

Holy shit that looks good.

The guar gum is what makes it so creamy and smooth despite being hard frozen. You can't do that shit with hipster "minimalist" homemade icecream. You'll get too many ice crystals.

Bullshit , you fucking moron. dairy desert and ice cream are 2 different things. Breyers makes both.
Kill yourself you useless fucking retard.

Why is New England so good at everything?

Lack of colored inhabitants.

Hood is shit. Brigham's is the patrician NE ice cream.

>In Italy, by law, gelato must have at least 3.5% butterfat. In the United States, there is no legal standard of definition for gelato, as there is for ice cream, which must contain at least 10% butterfat.
Huh, really... makes... you... think...

>$1.50 has been deposited into your BIDF account

it's really not
might be a step up from the inner city or nebraska take-out wise but if you were paying $5000 in property taxes and receiving zero public services for it you'd change your tune

well that's what you get for buying Breyer's. Come on user you had to know all of their stuff is shit.

People buy anything other than Turkey Hill ice cream?

Microwave that shit and see what happens

I knew they were shit before, saw this gelato getting shilled here, decided to try them again. I'd be mad if I was poor.

damn kinda wish I kept it, don't have a microwave but I could've poured some vodka on it, lit it on fire and flambéed that bitch outside on the pavement

What did you leave it out of the freezer for? This doesn't prove anything other than you being a weirdo.

was planning on throwing it out because it tastes like ass and the texture is weird, wanted to see if melts.

Dude, Breyers fell off years ago.
they got bought out.

Breyer's Ice Cream.

This brand used to be the epitome of high quality among the throngs of pedestrian grocery store brands. Rich, flavorful, and natural were a few adjectives that used to describe their products.

Eventually, the company was sold to Unilever who didn't waste much time before changing the recipe and fucking the shit out of the brand.

Some time around 2008, the 1.5 quart (ice cream is sold by volume) dropped in weight from 56 oz to 48 oz. Additionally, the number of ingredients in their vanilla ice cream literally doubled.

To make matters worse, the cream (widely considered to be the most important ingredient) fell from the second most used ingredient to fourth behind sugar and corn syrup. By volume this means that the amount of sugar in relation to cream has at the very least least doubled.

Today, there is so little cream in the product that, according to IDFA standards, it is not technically ice cream. In fact, Breyer's must now legally package their products as "Frozen Dairy Desserts".

Another affect of the recipe change is that the product is no longer legally allowed to be marketed as "All Natural". If you take a look at the current packaging, the bins now say "Quality Since 1866" which is kind of ironic since the current recipe is noting at all like the old one.

It's terrifying to me because even after all the obviously awful changes that Unilever made with the brand, people are still buying enough of it to keep it in store shelves.

But yea, fuck Breyers and their god damn fucking Frozen Dairy Dessert. Seriously, their products are so chemically altered that they don't melt.

is ben and jerry's ok?

>be op
>hear about gelato
>buy cheap supermarket tier "gelato" instead of something remotely edible
>not even hagen daazs "gelato" at that
>buy cheap pleb tier "gelato" by value brand breyers
>prove everyone on Veeky Forums wrong with my infallible logic

pft, "gelato". harumph

>In Italy, by law, gelato must have at least 3.5% butterfat. In the United States, there is no legal standard of definition for gelato, as there is for ice cream, which must contain at least 10% butterfat.
>One result of these cost-cutting practices has been that many of Breyers' products no longer contain enough milk and cream to meet labeling requirements for ice cream, and are now labeled "Frozen Dairy Dessert" in the United States and "Frozen Dessert" in Canada.
You done fucked up, OP.

step aside plebeians

>All natural
You are aware that the USDA does not regulate the use of the terms "real" "natural" and "100%" right?

Breyer's is shit for this reason - it is a "frozen dessert". Those are invariably poor quality.

Probably the worst ice cream brand in Canada is Chapman's.