How do you cook your bacon?

How do you cook your bacon?

In a cast iron skillet, the way god intended

Cook?

Bacon?

Your?

For you.

How?

On the hood of a Texan cop car in midsummer.

al dente

Do?

Recently I've started baking it in the oven, it has been coming out great and makes excellent sandwiches.

Chef John pls go

Nah his video just came out, I've been using the oven method for like three weeks now. He must have copied me, maybe I should sue.

Microwave for about a minute.

Low. Flip after two hours. Maybe flip again at the fourth, but you can really forget about it.

Best airy crispy bacon with all the fat rendered. Then you can drain that through a paper towel filter into a mason jar and have the bacon grease for cooking.

In an oven, on a rack. Lets the fat drain below so it's not cooking in its grease. About 30-40 minutes at around 350-400. Can put it under the broiler for a minute or two at the end to finish it if it's not crispy enough.

In the oven. 16 minutes at 450 and it turns out perfect.

>Microwave for about a minute.
About 50% of the time, I nuke it if for just me and the dog (like a BLT mood). I line a plate with paper towels, 3-4 of them, lay out 4 strips on a large plate. About 2 paper towels to cover the strips (it must cover all to prevent splatter). I a second layer is needed, go ahead! You can cook 8-10 slices easily at once, but you need a quality larger sized microwave with turntable to be even cooking. Assume 1 minute per slice, and maybe another 2 minutes for the plate. It depends on thickness and starting temp, and quality of bacon, after that.

I used to cook it most of time in a cast iron or nonstick pan, but since all but the highest quality bacon is now mostly injected with water solution, which can pop during cooking in its own rendered grease, I'm kind of tired of cleaning up my counters, floor and apron, not to mention my forearms. I sure as hell don't want that spitting in my oven on a routine basis. The microwave is best for small batches, and has the easiest cleanup. I don't use bacon grease for a damn thing in my cooking anymore that I don't actually just cook 2 strips in the pan beforehand (probably just collard greens, skillet cornbread).

>four hours to cook bacon.

that's 44 hours less than it takes Heston Blumenthal to make bacon.

>cooking your bacon
Biggest meme. Why would you ruin perfectly good bacon like that.

I don't eat bacon

/thread

Heston Blumenthal runs a restaurant where you eat edible dirt. I make the most rendered bacon that's reasonably possible.

In a skillet over medium low, flipping every minute or two.