Plating thread

Hey guys I just started getting into cooking and want to know the finer points of plating. Any tips would be great

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com
youtube.com/watch?v=KLVaep27wSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mix all the good together into a diarrhea amalgamation. Serve immediately.

You should learn to cook before worrying about plating...

Height+color.

Plates shoud be plain circle or square preferably white. Try to avoid gimmickyou shit like the chicken tender wheel thing in the op image.

I thought the wheel was cute and would be nice especially if sharing the plate. Obviously I would need better sauce distribution if that plate was being shared

Looks good to me, and you could fit a ketchup triangle inbetween each one and a little ketchup circle in the middle

>can't tell if stupid housewife or just clueless fuckwad

>▶
Now that I look at it more it kind of reminds me of a starfish.

That's why I am here asking for advice you dip

Well, then start by actually cooking food instead of plating up frozen Tyson chicken tenders and thinking you're fancy, dip.

I mean, what the fuck? Are you that deluded?

The presentation isn't bad tho, is it? I didn't have a lot to work with so I made the most out of my empty cupboards

Make it look nice, full stop.
For that dish, I would put the sauce in a small ramekin.
Parsley always helps, or something like pickles or olives.

>baited this easily AND tender hater
reddit.com
you must have gotten lost little guy

Rule #1 of asking for advice:
don't be defensive when you get corrected.
>Got it. Thanks
is all you need to say.

That's bullshit. If you ask for advice and someone impugns your fantastic achievements, that person should be told that they are the ones that need advice.

That star plating I just 3 well placed pieces of chervil away from 2 Michelin stars. Its objectively more interesting than anything Grant Achatz has ever shat out of his "kitchens"

Op, that plating I spot on. Keep doing you and don't let the jealous haters drag you down.

well for starters the plate in your pic is way too small, for small portions and circular foods, the circle plate works, but for those tenders or anything long with more than 3, you need a rectangle plate. line all 5 up then sauce on side with garnish.

youtube.com/watch?v=KLVaep27wSs

It's incredible how retarded you are.

looks like a starfish

Nope.

Thanks for the constructive feedback

yeah no problem, you want things to look clean and uncluttered and sides to have a certain distance apart from each other. if you run out of space you could always stack as well. like a tender pyramid, if theres multiples of something always make sure theyre an odd number as well unless theyre small like nuts and peas.

It does.

Nope.

yep

THERES BARELY NO SAUCE WTF REEEEEEEEEE

It looks like the starfish

I like simple. Don't overthink it.

>dirty plate

get that shit out of here

That's shadow you fucking mong.

it's clearly a stain. Buy some new plates that weren't designed in the 70's

why? do they make your food taste better? i thought you fucks loved old cast irons and wooden spoons

no it doesnt, but this is a plating thread, you won't make the food look aesthetic with such shitty plates

- oversized wares
- odd numbers, esp. 3's
- triangles are good.

- Otherwise who gives a fuk unless you're getting paid to do so or tryna get laid.

>you won't make the food look aesthetic
*aesthetically pleasing

it's a meme you dip

I prefer the utilitarian style of plating

>baked beans on pizza

Sounds like the kind of thing that is actually awesome, might have to try