I have $500 to my name

I have $500 to my name

My total income per month is $1800, and my bills/expenses ar $1400 before food

How in the hell am I supposed to get ahead?

Hello user, do you want a girlfriend?

Spend less money. It's like giving yourself a raise

No thank you. I need to focus on myself before I can even imagine being responsible for another human being.

You're not supposed to, that's the point

Spend money only on ramen and soymilk. That's all the necessities you need.

Cut cost and/or increase revenue. Really that simple

try to lower monthly expenses as much as possible

eat frugally, OMAD (one meal a day) beans/rice/chicken is a classic cheap huge meal

get a rainy day fund before you start investing, 3-6 months depending on how secure you feel with your income

work 100% at your current job, go out of your way and aim for a promotion, if it's dead-end spend time researching a better career path or go to night trade school under government aid

you have lots of options, just gotta apply yourself

shit i have a kid and an ex fiance i have to pay palimony & child support to. self-employed, made 150k/year the past 3 years. after she cheated on me i left, lost biggest client and now make 30% of that. thanks to california and the us legal system i am OBLIGATED to pay her $8k a month based on my last 2 tax returns.

I would FUCKING KILL SOMEONE to be in your position user, you dont know what suffering is. If i dont come up with AT LEAST 8k/month (wont even cover my own basic needs, I will LITERALLY GOTO JAIL.

Lower your expenses.

You can modify it if your financial situation has changed whether you agreed to it or were ordered to pay. You have to prove the change was substantial though.

>mfw im not this user

suk dik

White rice, coconut oil, and chicken and ham, but mainly just white rice. Also oats are very cheap, need that fiber or else you wont be able to take a shit eating nothing but rice. White rice is diet cheap. No excuse.

Wew man. You really dun' goofed. Best of luck for you tho - hope you can get that alimony lowered
Spending less money won't save you, but it'll give you room to breath.

I'm currently at a federal college (0 expenses) in my country. Problem is, I'm a really poorfag. I had decided that in 2018 I'd make enough money for my objectives so: invested a lot of TIME in learning a SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE. About 350h during my vacation (9-11h a day studying). After I felt trained enough, I've started applying my knowledge in - if you really wanna know - visual multimedia marketing for real state business.

Month 2. I've made 5k already. Looks like I'm gonna conquer financial independency before graduating woot woot

TL;DR: invest in yourself, knowledge is the best investment.

Another way to go up would be improving your social skills. I know a lot of people that got it good without any other skills besides charisma and networking. Probably shouldn't suggest that, you're in Veeky Forums after all.

i cant prove shit, because im self-employed and have never had any formal contracts specifying payments or work agreements which is why the judgement was solely based on the income stated on my tax returns.

I turned accidental drug money into millions. Just do that.

damn dude, i'm self-employed too and this scares the fuck out of me

any tips on making sure i don't get tangled with a sociopath girl? should i just give up my hopes of marriage and family?

brb never having kids or getting married. what the fuck.

Okay lets be theoretical here, someone is good at being social how would that really help them? They go to events and talk about themselves? I dont know unless you actually have something unique you created and can present it well is one thing. Just being social? That cant be good just on its own. Explain pls im a social retard

Where are you that your living costs are so high? I should be paying more on my loans, but otherwise my monthly expenses are about $850-900USD
I have a small loft apartment but I pay
Rent-475 (Utilities are included)
Phone-35
Internet-65
Car Insurance-65
I never eat out but alot myself around 260 each month for food, hygiene products, and supplies for my cat. I never eat out and rarely use any gas except for work. I also don't have health insurance, and would like at least dental soon, but I'm young and relatively healthy due to my diet. I only shop at Aldis for the most part.

Brown rice and potatoes are staple carbs.
I buy chicken breast in bulk and freeze it in 2lb sections. Also a few 1lb packs of bacon, a little more costly but I save the fat after sifting out burnt particulate. It adds tons of calories to the brown rice as its cooking and tastes great. That was about $11 for 6.5lbs Lots of greens as well. Eggs, milk, and some high quality butter. kerry gold.
2 bags of spinach
scallions, jalapenos, red green peppers, white onion, cucumber, celery, sometimes broccoli, cilantro and garlic. Hummus as well, but I should be buying chick peas and making it myself.

I just make salads with rice, hard boiled eggs and meat or stir frys for the most part. Mashed potatoes or baked as well are relatively cheap.
Buy TONs of different spices or seasons, they last forever and help you change things up. I see people waste money on food for the most part more than anything. Also I grind my own coffee beans and brew in a french press. I should make a guide here. Lol Coffee, tea, or water should be primary what you drink. I wish I like other beans more.

nice larp

A socially skilled person will climb his way on any company.

Wouldn't you agree there's a lot of dumbasses at the top and a lot of competent people at the bottom? Well, guess what: displaying competence would certainly increase your value to any business manager. Problem is: there's a lot of people between the president and you, at the bottom. The manager, the supervisor, all of those guys would hate to have you taking their place.

So if you're good at what you do, but assuming you're socially inept, people won't give away their place in the sun too easily for you.

Now let's talk about that socially skilled guy. Yes, that guy that get people to laugh and feel good around him. He's confident, also, he really looks like a nice guy. Sooner than later your social relationship will evolve. You'll feel confortable around him - competent or not, he's not a threat. Actually, you admire him. He shows enthusiasm and curiosity in you and what you talk about yourself. Your aspirations.. Your wishes.. your desires..

People that can manage this kind of development with their superiors will often be taken as their apprenticies, and maybe - after showing your own value - you might be worthy of their partnership.

If you're good enough, you'll become one of those dumbasses at the top, which actually are very socially intelligent.

Now I know that's still kind of vague. Let me tell you about a real example: my good friend, started off as a delievery guy from a company -> good friends with a manages, became a seller -> good profits and self development in that area (sellers do real good when they know how to socialize) -> became manager himself. Good buddy of mine, he's a winner.