Garden

Hi Veeky Forums,

Just picked these from the garden. Any ideas what to do with them other than make salsa?

chili

Maybe a caprese salad with the tomatoes? If they're of good quality, then the flavor will really shine in such a simple salad.

With lettuce and tomato right there, maybe a BLT?

With the peppers, I think hot sauces or salsas are always fun.

Stuff peppers with a side salad would be my choice.

Sounds delicious

need beans for that :/

Damn, thats beautiful OP, good job!

i love chili! but it's a bit late and hot to go through making it now. i dry many of the cayennes because i get so many of them, so i'm sure to use some of them in chili in the future.

these were my other first thoughts other than fresh salsa. for salad, i'll need to run to the produce stand down the street first to grab a couple of things.

the farm across the street slaughters a pig every week, so i'm totally grabbing some bacon from them before they close.

good call, i have a few more bell peppers coming up tomorrow or the next day. that will do nicely.

i keep plenty of beans ready in the pantry!

thank you! i'd invite you all over to share if i could!

>some details

another

Have you got any white cheese? Any rusks or bread? You can make Dakos.

Also pic-related. It's basically a large grilled beef patty, topped with chopped tomato and pepper salad (tomatoes, peppers, olive oil, lots of lemon, salt and pepper, oregano if you want) and if you add the chopped chilis into the salad it would be GOAT. Looks kinda meh in the photo but trust me if you prick the patty before adding the salad on top you will have the salad juices infusing it and it becomes a thing of beauty. It's one of those cases where the result is greater than the sum of its parts.

sounds great. thanks!

Wow, you managed to make a full head of cabbage? Good work OP. How about some homemade cabbage perogies? A pinch of sugar, a lot of salt, some pepper, shredded cabbage in olive oil, gently saute until it's translucent and delicious, then put it in dough? Definite yes on the salsa, and make some stuffed bell peppers.

You're welcome. The place that serves this does either with round fries or with thick pita bread and tzatziki and it's a full-meal with either of those (I prefer the latter) but you can have it with rice too and the rice soaks the juices of everything in your plate and becomes delicious.

Alternative ideas:
- add onions, cucumber, capers (optional) and feta to make a Greek salad.
- chop them up and cook them into a quick pasta sauce with some garlic and tomato paste
- dice and serve over a bruschetta
- dice and cook together in pan with eggs to make tomatoey scrambled eggs served with crusty bread, which is GOAT - picrelated

desu peppers, chilies and tomatoes can be made into countless things. It's the lettuce I can't help you with I'm afraid. I like it chopped into strips and served in a salad with spring onions, dill, olive oil, vinegar and salt

Chou vert farci

This is the most wholesome thread on Veeky Forums

Also you could always do a Mediterranean style skewered/roasted vegetables thing

For better results grate the tomatoes and chop the peppers very finely for the Strapatsada/Kagiana.

I think that's a really easy and delicious dinner you could make in twenty mins. Make that (you probably have eggs and bread at home) and the lettuce salad and you've got a super-healthy and tasty dinner.

Fuck I just had another look and saw that's cabbage lol. Disregard the salad I suggested.

Cabbage, carrot and lemon/olive oil + yogurt is a great salad.

cabbage + peppers = kimchee

>Wow, you managed to make a full head of cabbage Good work OP

What do you mean? Do you have trouble growing cabbage?

>Cabbage in a pierogi
Wow, I've never heard of those, but that sounds awesome! I'll write it down.

Thanks for all the new ideas.

No worries. Yea that cabbage is a bit of an odd man out. I've made similar salads like that many times, and that's probably what it'll end up being this time. Good summer food.

I do love kimchee, but I've never made it...I'm afraid I'd mess something up! One day though...

>pic
The results of some of last years thai chilis, dried, in a mill. Next to it is a small sample of this years, in progress!

Pickle all the small peppers.

I actually do use them in pickling! I add one into a small jar when I make spicy pickled string beans, cauliflower, or whatever other vegetable I feel like pickling that year.

Ropa vieja. It's a dish that calls for lots of peppers and tomatoes.

You just named my favorite dish in the whole world...I tried making it once, I didn't do it justice.

Give it another shot. My only advice is to make sure the meat cooks long enough to break down, but the cooking liquid should never get up to a boil.

>This is the most wholesome thread on Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums used to be like this all the time. (ok almost all the time)

Mexican painter gave me some of his excess cukes, so we planted them between some corn stalks. We have a lot of land, so we let a farmer plant his crops, painter said he used to do that in Mexico to kind of hide them and not have them stolen by beaner vultures.

When do these things start to fruit? They've gotten bigger, but I don't know when to expect harvest.

Also, other than cutting thin and sprinkling with taijin, what are some things I can make with these cucumbers? (pls no pickle)

Jambalaya

Use the cabbage in pork and cabbage gyoza