Ask your delivery driver anything

ask your delivery driver anything
(not sysco or us foods but i do pretty much the same thing)

Why do you think anyone cares?

So... sign anywhere?

some people have had questions answered and im bored so... there
on the x please

How's your lower back?

surprisingly good for 15 years of straight legged bend overs utilizing nothing but my lower back

How frequently do you consider suicide?

whens your usual delivery time? when i worked at a wendys in highschool the sysco man came at 12 am but stupid moms said it made too much noise and shit, so then he started coming at 9 am

protip: offering your driver something (even a drink) is enough for most of them to give you pretty good service
i.e. theyll notify you if your eggs might be damaged etc.

if im having a bad day ill consider quitting in the middle of a delivery but suicide doesnt really enter into it
yeah we usually do wendys at night along with the other fast food places and chain restaurants
i start at 3 am and am usually off by 3pm

my manager would give the sysco guy free cigarettes and left over food all the time.

nice
wendys food is slightly above most nationwide chain fast food places

Why are you fuckers ALWAYS late? My store opens at a set time, and half the time I'm a person short I don't have time to put away product because your ass is 45 minutes to two hours late every single week.

maybe call the salesmen and have your place moved up in the stop order?

Who manufactures the taquitos for 711

>write a large X on the sheet
>sign next to it

are you legally allowed to overtake other trucks if they're only going 3-5 miles slower than you? how does it make you feel when your overtaking shenanigans block the other lane and annoy everyone on the road?

>also
how many motorcycle accidents have you been involved in?

What actually happens to the shit my manager has to send back because it was either the wrong thing or it was spoiled?

What is the most fucked up delivery you did?

why isn't that stuff on pallets? or even tied down?

What should be the solution for people not in to accept delivery? A mail locker with 4 digit code?

Also have you fucked any bored housewives?

That's bad etiquette among any type of truck driver, but yeah people do stupid shit all the time as truckers

How do you shit when you really have to go? Be honest. Do you just shit your pants?

hey driver, sous chef/only guy in the restaurant when we get deliveries, here. i'm assuming because you're doing an AMA thread, you give a fuck about your job, and for that i thank you. i've had awesome delivery guys that i can shoot the shit with, and who will exchange product that is subpar, no questions asked. conversely, i've had awful ones who are consistently late, deliver busted cases, and leave product haphazardly stacked in the worst places(i.e. in front of cooler doors, or in walkways). those guys suck. anyway, on to my questions:

1) Tell us about the best and worst clients/deliveries you've dealt with in your 15 years on the job.
2) Do you have any crazy stories or ridiculous people you've met through deliveries?
3) What sort of food product do you deliver?
4) Is there anything restaurant people can do to make your life easier? sometimes i have leftover cookies or other baked goods that i offer to delivery drivers, and when its hot out, i always offer them pop/water from the fountain. they usually seem pretty thankful.

Can you touch your bellybutton with the tip of your erect penis while standing up straight?

doesnt bother me a bit to block a lane for a minute or two
the taxes i pay fueling my car pay for the roads and freeways, so i feel i have just as much of a right to any lane of the freeway as anyone else
a guy in the warehouse inspects it and decides if it can go right back into circulation or if another person will check it more carefull to see if its salvageable
supposedly faster
they do supply horizontal bars that i can wedge to the side of the truck but thats far too time consuming with that many cases on the truck and only 14 hours to do the route
i deliver to restaurants and 99% of the time someone is there to receive it or i will have a way to open up the door and disarm the alarm if someone isnt there
i use the bathroom of the places i deliver to but one time had to shit on the side of the building early in the morning because no one was there to open up the bathroom
no

>free food in return for good service
is it hard to stay not-fat

>arrived and propped open the back door
>only one there
>monster hits me and its time to use the shitter
>dont bother to close and lock the backdoor like any reasonably intelligent individual would do
>wander into the pitch black lobby trying to find the bathroom
>use the homescreen of my cell to try and find my way
>halfway across the lobby i come up on a statue and it kinda spooks me
>finally find my way to the bathroom and take a shit in the pitchblack bathroom
>come back to the kitchen and start delivering again
>couple of minutes go while im delivering and while making my way thru the kitchen i hear an incredibly loud, sustained noise that sounds like a stack of plates had fallen
>inspect kitchen for a good 5 min and i cannot find the source of the noise even tho it sounded like it happend 10-20 feet away from me
7spoopy90.432me

1-schools are awesome, but maybe because they consist of older hispanic ladies who are humble and nice/these new restaurants that have "farm" or "craft" in the title. I dont know why but everyone in there just acts kinds snooty. Also any restaurant with a bunch of millenials. They hardly say excuse me or anything if we almost collide and most wont even return a greeting.
2-above
3-anything you can get from sysco or usfoods, except we have pretty strong dairy products because we own/operate the farm
4-nice, i for one certainly appreciate stuff and im sure most drivers do. Its funny how most people dont realize that when the driver is happy with you he'll usually go above and beyond. As far as making stuff easier, my personal pet peeve is just leaving stuff in my way like empty boxes or whatever but depending on how my day has gone its usually not a big deal to put the dolly stack down and move the box.

I used to be a delivery driver for a year working for a specialty cheese destroyer. I actually thought it was a really fun job. Went to lots of really cool restaurants (saw Graham Elliot at his eponymous restaurant once). But I didn't make much money so I switched to doing something much better. Still something I remember fondly though.

yeah its great to be out there on your own without your boss breathing down your neck
also, wouldnt it have been more profitable to sell the cheese rather than destroying it?

Alright.
Why are you never on fucking time?
Do you know how high your vehicle is?
Do you know how tall that opening for it is?
Do you know that red means 'stop'?
If so, why did you drive into and break the shutter?
Why don't you ever give way?
Why can't you navigate a goddamn warehouse?
Why do you just grab the nearest person to sign shit instead of finding someone authorised?

And, finally, why do you think anyone cares?

> His penis isn't long enough to hhang horizontal under it's own weight