The chicken thigh is objectively the best cut

The chicken thigh is objectively the best cut.

- Flavor from bone when cooked whole without the tendons/excessive connective tissue in the leg
- Practically impossible to dry out unlike the white meat

Yeah, you're right.

I concur. Just be sure to get the oyster when cutting off the thighs.

But I still buy whole chickens.

oyster?

little thing on the back just above the hip.

softest partof the chicken, butchers choice.

I used to eat them when making chicken pot pies when I worked for a grocery store

The absolute best piece of meat on the the chicken. It's attached to the backbone and thigh. Many butchers miss it when you only buy a pack of thighs.

It's the thing at the back. Where your kidneys are, but on a chicken.

When you're cutting from a whole chicken, after you cut through the hip, you need to trace your knife as close to the back bone/frame as possible. A lot of people just cut diagonally instead of hugging the carcus. It's a really tender, small piece that's easy to miss.

>flavor from the bone

I agree that bone in, skin on chicken thighs taste the best. But when cooked in the oven it creates too much smoke.

what temp are you cooking at?

350-400, depending on how I cook them.

Agreed 100% that chicken thighs are the choice cut.
>marinate in your desired sauce overnight
>pour chicken with sauce into an ovensafe sheets
>set timer for 1 hour at 300 and preheat
>insert chicken and desired sauce
>bake chicken, then flip about 45min

Wala

Thats odd. And you are starting them in a pan first? Maybe your oven needs cleaning.

...you aren't just slapping them straight on the oven grilles are you?

I cook them in a cast iron skillet. Sometimes I preheat the skillet, sometimes I don't.
And yes, I keep my oven clean. I cook at least twice a day, almost every day.

When I get chicken, thighs are most often what I get. They have more meat than wings and legs, and cost less too. Super easy to make.

>cutting a chicken

i just shred it with my hands

Thats so strange. I do the same thing. I cook them on cast iron on the stovetop until browned and rendered.

The only difference is that I use a glass baking dish in the oven and not the skillet. I never have any major smoking problems.

It's become a major issue. I HAVE to keep the oven clean because we eat a lot of chicken. Now I just get boneless, skinless thighs. Not as tasty, but a lot less smoke.

Why can't you just start not giving a fuck about oven cleaning or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb?

ugg I have to boil BSCB or I cant eat it

Can't beat coq au vin with chicken thighs, dry riesling in it is a nice change from red wine too.

My chicken smokes too and I cook it just like you (cast iron all the way from stovetop to oven) and I just open two windows and put a fan in one. Gotta close all the doors to the bedrooms. The chicken is worth the little smoke.

depends on what you're making

I don't cook it stovetop first.
I have one window in the kitchen, and I do open it; but it's an open floor plan with high ceilings. And I live in a ski town, so opening the windows twice a day is impractical 5-6 months out of the year.

How long do you guys put your chicken thighs in the oven for? I usually do 30 minutes at 400 and then flip them and put them in for another 10 minutes because I like to make sure they are fully cooked.

Also, any tips for making the skin extra crispy? I do love the crispy.

I prefer 45-60 minutes at 375

Watch Amelie.

I prefer 2 hours at 185

please don't

>implying amelie is a bad film

deboned thigh is the best cut

Perhaps if you watch it it will melt your cynical heart, cunt.

deboned thigh is for lazy assholes who want to overpay for the privilege of a machine ripping through chicken for them

I supposed you grind your own wheat for bread too huh slick

This man knows

only if it's stuffed.

1 hour at 350. No flipping. Baste it at 15 and 5 minute remainig

Sot-l'y-laisse

>flavor from the bone
>impossible to dry out

ok bye, nice bait m8

He's not wrong. I once baked chicken thighs (coated in olive oil and sitting in a thin layer of olive oil) at 400 for an hour. They came out moist inside with crispy skin. Delicious.

>The absolute best piece of meat on the the chicken

Truly the PBR of the chicken. It's nothing special except the crappy location.

I was talking to my chicken friend and he says that no chicken parts are acceptable to eat.

I chuckled and threw him in the fryer.

>chicken friend
meaty chicky chum

I realize that I have horrifically pedestrian tastes, but I really do prefer chicken breast.

Chicken breast is superior.
But only if you know how to cook properly.

I know 5 people who've worked for a major chicken farm for several years.
Not one of them will eat chicken.
Maybe it's just because they are sick of handling chicken, I don't ask because I really don't want to know.

BRE-TO-DEAU

I spent some nights in San Francisco. I spent a night there in the can. They threw a drunk in my jail cell. I took $15 from that man. I left him my watch and my old house keys. I didn't want folks thinking that I steal. I thanked him as I was leaving. I headed out to Bakersfield.

Apparently factory butchered chickens are dipped in a steaming vat of their own shit as part of the de-feathering process. Might have something to do with it.