Somen

somen

Pardon?

They look so out of place like a nigger in school

When you have no punctuation the rhythm of your joke is totally fucked up. There's a pause between "place" and "... like a nigger in school". If you don't put a period between the two it doesn't work. If I say: "how do you know a lawyer lies his lips move" you don't get that split second to imagine why the lawyer's lies might be detectable. The entire joke rests on those few hundred milliseconds.

STFU....how he said it works fine. No one will be confused

The Twitter generation was a mistake

It's not a matter of confusion. It's a matter of whether it works and is funny. Zero punctuation means there's no slight pause, and that means there's no humour.

I once played a game of pictionary, where someone drew a slanted elephant, and someone accused my sister of being that, for fun. I interjected and said: "you aren't a slanted elephant... You're a straight elephant". If I hadn't had that tiny pause, the joke wouldn't just be low tier and not-very-funny, it wouldn't be even remotely funny.

I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off and die.

... is an ellipsis, not a period though it is made of period marks.

I used an ellipsis to denote a pause in thought, which makes the joke funny.

Your attempt at nit picking me has failed. Kill yourself.

I'll take the chick in the periwinkle top.

No one noticed the nigger head lurking in the bushes...

Sure an ellipsis makes sense and pausing if the joke was spoken would improve it, but its inclusion or absence when written doesn't make or break the joke. I made a small mention that it was an ellipsis probably since I am a bit pedantic and hated seeing you continue to refer to it as a period. You made a bigger deal out of it than it was. Are you sure you aren't that angry flyover guy?

Semen

>actually using ellipses on Veeky Forums
You've lost the plot.

your joke wasn't funny

Salmon

>If you don't put a period
In this situation you use a comma.
How can you be this bad and criticize others?

A full stop works much better:
>They look so out of place. Like a nigger in school.
>They look so out of place, like a nigger in school.
Second option sounds like a senile old man.

No, full stop is just grammatically incorrect, you're just reading it wrong

You're just retarded.

The first option contains a sentence followed by an incomplete sentence. Simply put, it is bad English.

>bad English
Maybe if you're American.

A sentence fragment is bad English on either side of the pond.

>American calling it "The Pond"
Why are the colonies so obsessed, lads?

Their media portrays us as urbane and sophisticated (characteristics for which *some* of them badly thirst, since their culture is hostile to suggestion that any one man might be better than any other man).

They like to pretend they're jet-setters, hopping across "le pond" on "le concorde" (our invention, BTW). But don't let them feel the contrast too harshly, or else they'll get defensive and start ranting about how they "saved" us in WW2, even though it was mostly the USSR who saved us (a fact that peeves the Americans to no end).

>slav pretending to be a brit detected

hello nigger you sounds mad

>that angry flyover guy
Isn't that most of them though? They're still having a stroke over the new guacamole

No, it's bad English anywhere in the world.

but some of the funniest jokes come from subverting this sort of conventional timing

Autists don't understand humor.

>I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off and die
>Pic related

You're made of period marks.

ANYONE SEE THE NIGGER LURKING IN THE BUSH OR I'M THE ONLY ONE?

Thank you.

>I used an ellipsis to denote a pause in thought
We all know you're an idiot, you don't need to point it out like that.

You use ellipsis to denote an interrupted sentence or that something was left out, like if someone droned on and on. It never means "extra long beat"

Except an ellipsis does get used to indicate a long pause.

A mistake being common doesn't mean it's not a mistake.

oh fuck me dude I wanted to sleep tonight

The ellipsis isn't apart of proper English anyway but rather is vernacular. Therefore its usage is determined by popular consensus.

There is nothing there.

Still nothing there.

Its mistaken usage is determined by popular consensus, yes.

Colloquialisms don't have right and wrong usage. They only have common and uncommon.

Punctuation can't be a colloquialism.

If you were an ant you'd be freaked out right now.

Classic punctuations apart of proper English are , : ; ! ? ' . An ellipsis is not one of them.

Well it's not a word or phrase, either, it's just a written sign. And things that aren't words or phrases can't be colloquialisms no matter how much you try to split hairs over nothing.

this is like a buffet at which you have to french kiss the other slobs that show up

Japan really is a cultural wasteland

>Thinks & is apart of formal writing and not a colloquialism.

Single bites of noodle slide down the bamboo shoot of water for people to catch with their chopsticks. But real talk: you aren't gonna catch anything if your chopstick tekkers are shit. No nip would subject qt white grills to meme noodle out of consideration; this is likely at a *wow, so Japanese* tourist attraction.

No punchline, no fun.
bobby hill with a bell.jpg

>The ellipsis isn't apart of proper English anyway but rather is vernacular. Therefore its usage is determined by popular consensus.
All proper English was determined by popular consensus.

>this is likely at a *wow, so Japanese* tourist attraction.
Funny since it looks like it is just in someone's backyard.

>All proper English was determined by academic consensus.
Fixed that for you.