ITT: The only pre-2018 crypto you should ever touch

And before you ask: there are a fuckton of other cryptos to invest in that launched in 2018. The reason I ignore most pre-2018 coins is because the big money for those came and left. When big money returns, it will be for new projects. The late-2017 boom happened because of a rapid succession of seemingly revolutionary coins. Don't invest too much in old dogs -- look towards the future. Don't invest in ICOs -- wait a month for value to drop then buy in.

Back to the point. See pic related, it's all you should buy. Unlike other Veeky Forumstards, I will provide rationale:

>BTC
Fuck you, it's digital gold. Holding BTC is the crypto equivalent of holding a Vanguard or Fidelity ETF. This thing will not go 1000x, but it will probably still go 40x in 5 years.

>ETH
The backbone of the current boom and the most popular token platform, by far. This is the reason we're having 100s of ICOs per month. Developers are realizing how easy it is to make free money off of erc20 token ICOs, so a buy into ETH represents confidence that this market will continue.

>NEO
China's baby. The Alibaba of crypto. Not much needed to say. You can hate China for its government meddling, but its government will ensure NEO's dominance.

>LINK
I can't lie -- this is a meme pick. But after 7s predicted Trump, I stopped questioning things. If Trump could happen, there's no reason that a token that actually solves a pressing issue can't happen.

>OMG
Being backed by Vitalik helps. Probably my least confident pick, but the fact that it has huge community support keeps me bullish. Plasma's neat too.

Notable omissions:

>REQ
Toss it in the pile with XRP, XLM, NANO, and every other coin that wants to "revolutionize" payment systems.

>AION
Pretty stellar team, but it will likely get BTFOd by other interoperational coins, if there even was a need for them (which I doubt there will be).

>LTC
Just another "currency" coin. I wouldn't mind holding it, but I wanted to limit the diversification since this Pre-2018 folio is only 40% of my total Folio as it is.

>IOTA
I love this as a concept. Too bad the team can't help but make everybody hate them. All their "partnerships" are just other German companies trying to hook up with a German blockchain. Uninspiring.

>ADA and EOS
If ICOs start running on their platforms, I'll bite. Maybe next year. I wonder if them both competing for ETH's spot will fuck themselves over market share wise.

I like your thought process. very conservative, smart portfolio.

curious your thoughts on VEN

>VEN
A solid coin in a competitive market. I think it will do well. Just came down to NEO or VEN, and I preferred the security of NEO. My pre-2018 picks are indeed on the conservative side, countering my risky ass 2018 folio.

imo this is likely the year of the bear, so conservative is the smart play. so many shit coins trying to catch that 2017 wave. I think there must be a bigger crash to wash it all away. only the best coins will survive.

my portfolio is similar

30% link
30% ven
20% neo
15% req
5% shitty shit

been thinking of holding LTC. probably gonna up my Neo % too

Yep. I'm not expecting to even 2x this year. I'm perfectly fine waiting until even 2022 to catch a big wave.

>No ENG?

In addition to ADA & EOS is Tezos, dfinity trying to get in there

>But after 7s predicted Trump, I stopped questioning things
After seeing this I completley discarded your opinions.

And many more. The "wannabe ETH" market is way too large and might ironically keep ETH the king as there's no clear successor.

If you want to invest in an MIT coin that actually moons, go with VTC. ENG is another case of great team, cool ideas, but why do you need a coin other than to buy your products?

I'd likely have LINK on this list regardless. It's a solid, understated coin that, even if it fails, I'm more than able to cover the losses. Also, many prominent investors have candidly spoke about odd events influencing their decisions. Step off your high horse.

Love when profanes like you get blown the fuck out. Everything is mind

Making financial decisions based on retards using get scripts. You will never make it.
No high horse, I'm just not an idiot.

you gonna just keep accumulating or are you strictly HODL now?

Whatever dude. If you saw the amount I was working with you'd probably think I already did make it. But keep on projecting.

LINK

Not even entered yet. Money comes in around summer, which is perfect because the market will likely keep bleeding till then. Once I do enter, it'll be staggered.

taking every comment seriously
has a large stick up butt
not going to make it

This is basically my exact portfolio. Good shit OP.
I'm not making huge % gains but at least I'm not tearing my hair out because I'm all in on some shitcoin trying to 10x

I know you are off put by the 2017 boom, but 2018 is going to be absolutely ridiculous bull wise

Hope so! I stand to benefit either way. Either I make moderate gains for crypto or I bleed far less than most others.

ah yes... I'm staggering now, trying to catch dips when I can. part of me thinks the bitcoin crash will still happen so I always have money to jump in if opportunity strikes... I've just been tossing a safe percentage every week into the pot. been wondering to myself when that phase stops (if ever)

maybe I'm being a pessimist but I can't see people with a few hundred/thousand becoming millionaires in a year ago
the market cap for everything is already so high except for a handful of coins buried under shitcoins

>ark

Shh. I-it might still go to 15 dollars someday

I like Op's choices. I am 30% NEO 30% ETH 25% BTC and 15% whatever I feel like to keep me up to date. By having a little bit of skin in the game with alts it keeps me researching and seeing how markets influence things.
The 15% alt can be reddit flav of the month, coin that is going to airdrop/fork/rebrand etc. I think NEO is one of the best bets.
The fact that Hongfei doesnt even talk much about crypto or China gov't makes me thing he cant or he will get body bagged. If I do make a nice gain on alts it goes back to the BTC/NEO/ETC pile depending on which is cheaper. This year is definitely starting to feel like I should invest more time in other things whether educational, or financial since the reward for time vested in crypto is not rewarding. I mean 2018 my AMZN stocks have made more than all my crypto combined for this year...We need another catalyst. We need a coin to do something that makes people notice.

Do you even know what REQ is trying to do?

BTC, ETH, XMR are the only pre-2018 coins you should touch

and you shouldn't touch anything post-2018

you missed one.

XBY - aka the next smallcap coin that will surge hard and join the big boys

What do you guys think of RLC?

What the actual fuck are you two talking about.

>RLC
looks like it has potential. interesting concept. I would personally file under my 5% shit coin designation, but only because I'm already risky with link and req. just have to make some choices at some point... I'd rather have bigger stacks in a few projects than smaller stacks in multiple potential projects, so its hard for me to buy into something like this... but I'm conservative and going for "safe" gains, rather than moonshots

thank you for this, I'm new and trying to figure out my first investments for my initial portfolio, I'll just follow this

>XBY
why would this stand out against all the other coins doing the exact same thing?

>ChainLink
>Ever being so autistic you buy into the nonstop shilling

stay poor retards

This forever. Anyone buying link is buying a time bomb.

with that kind of logic you wouldn't have bought eth either

>NEO

Do I uhh... buy in now Veeky Forums? Or will it retrace below this price?