The most bland foods

The most bland foods

Japanese cuisine

Why do people eat this?

You're Indian or something, right? Wouldn't surprise me if your palate is so terrible you can't appreciate mayonnaise.

You don't eat it so much for taste. Mayo is a lubricant and makes food that is dry less so.

I 100% eat it for taste as I would simply add less dry ingredients to my sandwich / add a different sauce if I didn't want the mayo taste. Others options include miracle whip, olive oil etc.

Mayo is one of those foods if you add too much you can easily ruin food to the point of it being inedible. That would make it the opposite of a bland food. It is an overpowering food. That's why you use it very sparingly and gingerly.

To be fair Hellmann's is garbage

just the other day I was thinking to myself why restaurants don't just sell sides of the sushi rice

then last night I had the pleasure of seeing it as a side on a menu, so I got some of that musty sticky slightly sweet vinegar....wait...does sushi taste like vaginas?

>why restaurants don't just sell sides of the sushi rice

Every Japanese (or Chinese) restaurant that I've ever been to sells sides of rice.

And even if you don't see it on the menu you can ask for it.

but the sushi rice. I don't even want the fish, I just like the rice part

I don't like to impose by asking for things that are off menu

>I just like the rice part

Yeah, I get that. And I guarantee you that every Japanese restaurant will be happy to sell you just a side of Sushi rice.

>>I don't like to impose
You're not. Worst case scenario is that they say "no". But that won't happen. I guarantee you that every Japanese restaurant in the fucking world will happily sell you a side of rice. It's such a basic thing that they don't even bother to list it on the menu. It's no different than asking for a glass of water.

>Not boiling pasta with salt
>Eating pasta by its self

It doesn't matter how pasta is prepared. It is still bland.

sauce and cheese fucking retard

>Yeah, I get that. And I guarantee you that every Japanese restaurant will be happy to sell you just a side of sushi rice.
I previously worked at a Japanese restaurant, can confirm. We didn't even have "plain order of sushi rice" on the menu but it's piss easy just to ask your server if you can have a bowl. They'll just punch in an extra dollar or two to your bill, no big deal.

Doesn't actually make the pasta taste better.

cool troll bro

Japanese food.
Hands down the blandest cuisine in the world. It's almost like they hate eating.

That makes the finished dish tasty.

The pasta itself--that single ingredient--is bland.

Sort of like how plain rice is bland, but fried rice is not.

>I guarantee you that every Japanese restaurant in the fucking world will happily sell you a side of rice.

Not doubting you and I'm not who you're replying to, but, I actually would have thought that in Japan it would be considered rude to ask for something not on the menu. I guess the water analogy makes sense, then, since it's so basic.

>since it's so basic.

That's the key. Sure, it would be rude at any restaurant to ask for something *complicated* that's not on the menu. But asking for a cup of rice at an Asian restaurant? C'mon now....

The difference between rice and pasta is you can actually infuse rice with flavor but not pasta.

>actually infuse rice with flavor but not pasta.

Sure you can. You can cook pasta in seasoned water or stock the same way that you could do it with rice. But now we're not talking about just "rice" or "pasta" anymore, we're talking about a preparation containing multiple ingredients.

That said, there are types of rice which are very flavorful. The problem is that they're hard to find and costly. Most rice production is optimized for the best possible yield, not for flavor. But if you can get a flavorful type of rice then it's fucking delicious without any kind of seasoning. Carolina Gold is a fantastic example.

And as for pasta, I've never made it personally, but there do exist types of pasta that have herbs (and other flavorings) added to the dough before it is shaped. That stuff is very flavorful, though I'm not sure it falls under the definition of plain pasta.

Butter and tomato sauce makes it eatable thou.