Vegan Parents To Be Jailed

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/09/parents-forcing-vegan-diet-on-their-children-face-prison-time-un/
10 AUGUST 2016

Parents forcing vegan diet on their children face prison time under proposed Italian law

Parents who force a vegan diet on to their children would face prison under a new law proposed in Italy.

Elvira Savino, of centre-right party Forza Italia, has proposed legislation under which parents who provide children aged 16 and under with a "diet lacking essential elements for an healthy growth" face up to two years of prison.

The MP explains in the proposal that in the last few years the belief that vegetarian and vegan diets bring benefits "has been spreading in Italy" and adults are entitled to choose that type of diet.

However, Ms Savino says, minors need to be protected from "radicalised" parents who want to impose on their children a restrictive diet that lack "essential elements needed for an healthy physical and cognitive development."

Ms Savino writes that vegan diets leave children potentially lacking in iron, zinc and B12, which can lead to neurological problems and anaemia, reports Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

The MP explains that the aim of the 'Savino Law' is to "definitely stigmatise negligent parental behaviours which put minors at risk."

cont.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGi9XxKOkSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The proposal would see parents facing up to one year in prison for the basic offence.

However, it could go up to two and a half years if the offence leads to a minor "getting permanently sick or hurt."

If the minor were to die as a result of the basic offence, parent may face up to six years of reclusion.

Any parent forcing a vegan diet on a child aged three or younger would face at least two years of prison.

The proposed legislation follows a number of high-profile cases in which children, some younger thanthree, malnourished on account of a poorly-constructed vegan diet imposed on them by their parents have been removed from their care.

In June, a two-year-old girl from Genoa had to be put in the resuscitation unit after showing neurological issues. According to doctors her levels of vitamin B12 were extremely low.

The following month, a 14-month-old boy from Milan was taken to hospital with severe calcium deficiency. He weighed as much as a three-month-old child.

Eight per cent of Italians are vegetarian or vegan according to Italian Corriere della Sera.

FIN

Vegans need to be jailed just for being smug intolerant pricks

Italy yes

Based Italy. I'll never womp a wop again.

Oh look.
It's this thread again.

Prison seems far too excessive. Having social services intervene and if necessary take custody of the children is appropriate enough. Having an education session with the parents outlining why the vegan diet they feed their kids is inadequate with periodic check-ups that the child is being nourished properly should be the standard.

Anybody have the screen cap of the stupid girl who put her dog on a vegan diet and then wondered why the dog was sick and dying and even after others pointed out she was a stupid ding-bat, she still insisted on the vegan diet?

>I care what vegans do.
Sad really.

Oh look.
You are mad agaim

You better start caring user.
Vegans have banded together and are changing the popular culture with propaganda.
You bet your fucking ass I care about what vegans do.
Do you have any idea what P3TAs ad budget is ?

I care what they do if it consists of torturing animals

>Fuck you mom when I grow up I'm going to spend all the time on the internet, refuse to get a job and only eat pizza, donuts and fries and never eat meat again

no yes yes maybe

The problem starts with pregnancy. Unless the woman is an omnivore, she's gimping the child already.

full house of truth
dont cuck your babby vegans

do you fat fast food eating nerds use the catalog?

Here's a good response video

youtube.com/watch?v=FGi9XxKOkSE

the irony

problem isn't veganism. problem is lack of education. that goes for any diet.
as a parent you need to read up on food so you can feed them what you believe is the best.
parents who only feed their kids bacon and cheese is wrong, as is parents who only feed their kids soy milk

One issue I have with this guy around 1:50 is that he mentions a 2-year-old who has a B12 deficiency and he says "But they recovered" and moves on.

... Okay? You can recover from a stab wound too, doesn't mean it's okay that it happened in the first place. If the parents are such fucking morons that they don't know a proper vegan diet, they shouldn't fucking be vegans in the first place. I'm all for the idea that veganism not be condoned so long as it's ignorant veganism, and I myself am someone who wants nothing to do with it.

People being morons with their own food choice is one thing, but to fuck-up your child as well because you don't know about basic nutrition, particularly when you're saying "We're not going to bother with one part of the food chain we've used as a species for years", is kinda sorta really important.

Yes, he does end up bringing up the association which points out that you need to account for it, but a key point here is that something like cholesterol or the more-prevalent general nutrition issue of obesity, or even the meat smoke thing is that these are ostensibly more commonplace than a vitamin deficiency. It's more likely that a child would succumb to the former things since they're more widespread, more open issues.

As one final point, thinking it's okay to raise your children on a vegan diet is frankly silly in the same way raising your child under a certain religion is if you don't allow them to explore their options. I genuinely can't see why they're different.

plant based bud, but eat the occasional slice of cake at parties. still eat honey though. i just h8 vegans

ahaha stupid vegan cunts

just do a google search to browse the many results of malnourished veganspawn and pay close attention to the ones where the children fucking died

sounds like a pretty good law to me. also, i love to hear vegans whine about being "stigmatized". i also like to hear them deflect SO HARD like "hurr blurf durrr non-vegan kids can be unhealthy too" as if that is even fucking relevant.

have fun raising your malnourished allergy-ridden autism babies vegans, I hope you fucking go to jail.

Decent human beings care about child abuse, yes.

Allergies and autism are autosomal disorders, having absolutelt nothing to do with diet before or after birth.

>autistic kid with perfume allergy has to tell you how fucking stupid you are
>time to an hero.

whatever you say you incredibly fragile milquetoast fuck

>Ms Savino writes that vegan diets leave children potentially lacking in iron, zinc and B12, which can lead to neurological problems and anaemia, reports Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
Is this really a problem? Just get a multivitamin for that.

I think the problem is an overall forcing of one's ideaology on younger minds. It's unfair regardless of which it is, be it food, lifestyle choices, or religion. The kid should be allowed to pick and choose, while still having fair restrictions that keep the kid from harming himself.It's a balancing act, one that parents just don't understand like the generations of old used to. True, the older generations had their flaws, but "fad diets" and other cult like mentalities are spreading faster than ever.

As a rule, regards to vegan diets, let me ask you this: can you child get every nutrient available to them without experimental pills or aritificial supplements? Do you want to risk putting your child on synthetic food, which is probably why you went vegan in the first palce?

>feeding your child vegetables makes them have autism
>feeding your child vegetables makes them have allergies
>milquetoast
>damage control.jpg

We got a retard here guys.

you a fuckin' retard you spiderboned anemic whiff

malnourishment fucks u up and makes you are retarded as... well... as retarded as you are, apparently

and it kills babbys, too.

>forcing ideology
That is literally the whole point of having parents though

When I hang out with my white friends they ask me how I felt about being "forced" to take music lessons and get tutored in languages

I ask them if they enjoyed getting "forced" to learn to read and write, that usually shuts them up

Seems to me a lot of busybodies here need more exposure to people outside their bubble so they can learn that "what I'm used to" isn't the same as "all that is right and good"

When you've eliminated ham planets feeding their babies coca cola through a pacifier, then maybe we can talk about the non-issue of parents "forcing" their kids to eat fucking broccoli

deflect more, you dumbass bitch

Again, every problem you bring about is forcing of a idealogy without a solid foundation. Sometimes you need to exercise caution and care for your child in ways that might make you uncomfortable.

Giving your baby coca cola is no worse than forcing a child to not eat meat because "duh animals" and then refusing to even give them protein via beans because "they touched a farmer who eats meat, and evil carnivores ruin everything they touch" and your idealogy thus starves them of any protein, even from fruits and veggies.

I don't even know if you know what you mean by that. Certainly not evident to anyone else.

yeah I'm not surprised

>When you've eliminated ham planets feeding their babies coca cola through a pacifier

sure, that's bad. it's a separate fucking issue.

and while we're at it

>parents "forcing" their kids to eat fucking broccoli

could you possibly misrepresent more than this?

you're welcome fucktard

>Giving your baby coca cola is no worse than forcing a child to not eat meat
How do you "force a child to not eat meat", exactly? Is the child going grocery shopping? No? Oh right, 3 year olds actually need to be kept from jamming their tongues into electric sockets let alone being able to go outside and shop for food, maybe you forgot about that.

The point is, for every confused couple giving their baby soylent or whatever, there are about five hundred confused couples feeding the baby coca cola and pop tarts. Seems to me we should be focusing on the big problems and not the small, but then, that makes a lot of people uncomfortable, which doesn't surprise me seeing the literal garbage that i see posted in the "food nostalgia" threads around here. What you people were raised on is basically criminal.

I'm not a vegan you moron, nor am I advocating for such a retarded diet.
Although the simple revelation of "veganism doesn't cause autism/allergies" seems to have flown over your head, you have my condolences for being 14 years old and thinking an autistic person would stand shaking in fear before your superior intellect.

except it does

>malnourishment can cause brain damage, hypersensitivity, and autisms

live with it dork

>no matches

>trusting compromised media

You should be providing your child with healthy things only. Stop deflecting by saying "other people give their kids junk, so I should be able to." That's not an argument. They're wrong for doing it too, and so I'm addressing all of them at once.

Nutrition first, ideaologies second. If you can give the child a full nutritional requirement without animal products, more power to you. But if there's something he's lacking, you better give it to em even if it breaks your moral code. Now, if he's deathly allergic, or it risks killing him, that's a whole different can of beans.

>Nutrition first, ideaologies second
That's a rather odd thing to say from someone who is arguing against a results-based policy that targets the bigger problem (coca-cola hamplanets) rather than the smaller problem (a vanishingly small minority of freakshow vegans who ended up in the daily mail)

If this is really not ideological, why are so many people acting like teaching children it's ok to eat icky broccoli is a form of child abuse, and that there's some kind of moral equivalence to tens of millions of hamplanets being told that it will damage their kids' self esteem to learn proper eating habits, and some obscure vegan who thought soy milk was a good thing to feed to a newborn?

Well, it's not a rhetorical question. The answer is stockholm syndrome.

holy shit you're fuckin' retarded

you were warned about that shit everyone ignore this jackass from now on please

Well said!

>deflect
>misrepresent

you don't even know you're doing it, do you?

That was the least cucked thing Italy did since electing Mussolini into power.