Why are so many famous celebrity chefs British?

Why are so many famous celebrity chefs British?

British or English?

it's a counter culture to the usually revolting cuisine served by Brits.

I think that very few of them are. However, since you speak English, the only celeb chefs you are aware of are those who appear on English-speaking programs, your view is slanted.

Well Ramsay is Scottish with an English accent so "British" will do

Because you're British/European and so those are the one's you see on TV?

So if the television is the reflection of the society, what does that say about Guy Fieri? Dear god...

You can see Thomas Keller on US Television and cherrypick ridiculous TV personalities on the BBC, stop being stupid.

>ON THE HEAT

>stop being stupid

If only it were that easy.

Dumb sheep.

Wait, am I the sheep or are you?

Cretin.

I don't think discussion of hair/nail supplements belongs on Veeky Forums, maybe Veeky Forums?

Nigella about to be choked...AGAIN

I think Michel Roux at some point claimed that half of all top chefs in the UK were trained by either himself or his brother. In other words, most famous UK chefs have a history in France, either with the Roux brothers or someone else.

Bass and crisps mate,bass and crisps

knorr stock pots aren't that bad

>Why are so many famous celebrity chefs British?
Well, they aren't. It's just your circle of awareness. Try reading other publications, or traveling or something. /thread

Well yeh France is the home of modern cooking its by far the most important country in culinary history and arguably has the best cuisine on the planet (most professional chefs should agree.) Even as a Brit I admit that.

The reason there are so many famous British Chefs is because we good at everything we do so its only natural.

what? I can only think of 2...

of all the famous chefs only a handful of them speak english, and only a handful of those are british

so... what the fuck are you talking about?

Kind of like how no one really gets involved in advocacy for disabled people's rights until they or someone they care about becomes disabled, you have to live with the horrors of Anglo cuisine and its daughter cuisines before you can truly care about better cooking. This is also why food programmes are hugely popular in the UK, US, Australia etc but not nearly as popular in France, Italy, Singapore etc.

You thirdworlders sure have a chip on your shoulder.

why you have to bring logic and facts into memechan?

Every American food related tv show I've ever seen is a about a fat guy that goes to shitty looking corner stores and and eats a pile of processed food that has been deep fried and covered in condiments.
The host always looks like he's not really enjoying the food but he has to pretend it tastes good so he doesn't insult the guy that made it for him.

And as American culture, everyone in the restaurant claps after he finishes eating the monstrosity.

sure, we have those shows, but you tryna act like you never seen Emeril? Good Eats? Iron Chef US? No reservations? The Galloping Gourmet? The Frugal Gourmet? Top Chef? Boy Meets Grill? The French Chef with Julia Child?

I aint sayin those are all great shows, but you either lyin or just plain ignant