British """"""""""""food""""""""""""

British """"""""""""food""""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I often wonder how the English survive over there without proper culinary arts.

> using a picture from buzzfeed as an example of fucking anything

You can do better than that

ITT: People without passports.

If I was in Vegas, I would wager that you masturbate frequently. Probably in front of a mirror.

>If I was in Vegas
But you're not.
Checkmate, flyover.

Why is it that most of the threads on this board are troll threads?

Can we not have an actual discussion about food, or share our creations with one another?

Oh, right. That would take actual effort and resources.

Stay mad poorfag neckbeards, i'm off to cook something.

You realise where you are, right? Veeky Forums is one of the better boards for staying on topic

>be american

>dont put meat in a pie

>have other non-meat based pies

fucking disgraceful

What can you expect do a country that still has a monarchy today

that looks like pond pudding

shit's fucking incredible

you could go to an actual cooking forum.
But then you can't call people a lesbian nigger cunt

>he's never had suet pastry
truly the greatest thing you can wrap around meat

but why lemons?

Infinitely better than normal pastry.

Fucking hate pork pies generally. Dry as shit, even with the jelly. Had one with suet pastry once. Shit was godlike. Melted in the mouth.

And Steak Puddings > Steak Pies

why not?

pwn3d

because sour and bitter

lemons are sour and bitter, yes. is that a reason not to use them in anything? do you just not like lemons?

But why would you have suet pastry filled with lemons?
And with all the rind and pith still on them!
Unless its candied lemon I just can't see it being any good. Unless you like eating a dessert looking out of one eye while trying to twist your mouth upside down.

bruh that shit is heavily candied and delicious melt in mouth amaze oh yes tart yet sweet

fruit and meat together have always been a big part of traditional British food. I assume there's probably some chicken or maybe pheasant under there.
Cooked lemon tastes different anyway, it becomes less bitter and more sweet and the acid helps tenderise and cook the meat.

it is candied by virtue of being baked with fucktons of sugar and butter.

maybe you should try something before you start wanking on an effigy of its corpse?

smoked fish for breakfast

no, i'm pretty sure it's just a sussex pond pudding.

you gotta have them in texas

>my breakfast this morning

if you havent had black puddens you are missing out on one of the best parts of the animal

the blood

but I don't know what the fuck it is and I'm english!

its like eating a big scab

*barfs*

>its like eating a delicious pork scab

beff wellington is peasant steak

I'm surprised nobody has posted the "m-muh war rations, we wuz french 'n shiet" meme yet.

THIS is a fucking joke right? I've heard people say chip sandwich in other threads but just figured it was a euphemism for poor people food

nope, it is a real example of poor people food. but really, no one is above it, the rich and poor alike will try it and like it.

This would have to be the 6th or 7th anti-British thread I've seen in the last day or so, what's with all of the autism? Are seppos sick of all the "Do Americans really do this?" threads but feel the British are the only people that they are above? Sad.

I'm assuming it's one lonely butt pained Burgerclap shitposting. He's probably from Chicago.

brits so mad
cant even

is that one really long churro?
Does it come with a really long bowl of hot chocolate?

No comes with a bowl of freedom

>chip sandwich
its a fucking butty m8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

He's probably never had a bacon butty either.
Why even live?

Cause everyones a millionare?

Because Veeky Forums has uterly terrible moderation. It is /b/ with a food theme.

whats the point of all that effort if the pastry just falls off the meat anyway?

Just make them separately and combine when served

speak for your fuckin' self, nigger

i love the moderation here. or lack thereof.

fuck off back to tumblr or reddit if you don't like it

hi progun!

The Veeky Forums mods have an active anti-British bias so they let those threads remain and leave them up until 404.

Except there is moderation, it just has a massive agenda in how it is utelised, you small cocked streak of piss.

Do you think because maybe, just maybe cooking the pastry with the meat inside lends a more complex flavor to the pastry? Do you honestly think that what you said was an acceptable post that could be posted with no repercussion? Just think before you post you shithead

sorry your recipe looks ridiculous to anyone not a neet with hours of free time and autism bux to spend making reddit food

>saltine
>olives
>anchovies
>full english
who the fuck are you trying to kid

I have one British friend, and everytime I tell him about the British food I see on Veeky Forums he says "I've never heard of that" or "I don't eat that"

Is he lying?

If it's good enough for Earthworm Jim, it's good enough for me. He saves princesses and shit.

Do YOU save princesses? I didn't fucking think so.

Why would he be lying? I don't know a lot of American food. I'm sure other ethnicities don't know their entire culture

>The_Big_Book_of_Buzzwords!.gif

So why is northern european ""cuisine"" so...lacking?

This. It would be a fluke if anyone were even fully aware of all of the foods in their region of whatever country that they live in.

Most people here eat from a lot of diferent cultures, and food (and the names of them) vary depending on region. I don't eat any typical brit foods and there's a lot I'm not aware of.

Our desserts are okay.

why?

Poverty.

The bread helps to fill you up more.

>okay
banoffee pie is godtier dessert

don't knock this until you try it

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

kebabs.

kebabs are a drunk meme. We love currys more

>comes to a food cooking board
>gets mad at food
>gets mad when someone explains why he is wrong

really faggot? also you do realise some people cook food for a living rigth?

a lot of english food on ck is dumb meme food noone really eats.

literally just finished one of these

It's a sussex pond pudding, you put whole lemons with a fuckton of sugar in the pasty and cook it for hours.

Lemon fragranced sugary dessert, what's not to like.

Nice bait, here you dropped your u)oy( and it got all jumbled up.

they're descendants of vikings, be thankful it's not all picked fermented shark

britbongs with defend this british '''''''''''''cuisine'''''''''''''

>sussex pond pudding
I've never had it but it sounds good.
I'm a big fan of suet pastry anyway.

>jellied eel
>fish head pie
>baked beans for breakfast
I'm pretty sure that the actual reason for the british empire was to find better food to eat

>britbongs with defend this british '''''''''''''cuisine'''''''''''''
I don't know if you Americans know this but it's called a Sandwich, - here is a link:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

It's basically two slices of bread with a filling, it's quite popular in developed countries.

The British like all sorts of fillings and I understand that Americans try to imitate this with Peanut Butter and 'jelly'? - they consider it GOAT.

The moar you know eh?

what a novel remark

What goes into a cucumber sandwich besides cucumber and bread obviously?

>What goes into a cucumber sandwich besides cucumber and bread obviously?
Apart from a thin buttering of the bread - a little salt.
And that's it.

If the cucumbers are chilled, it's a great nibble on a sunny afternoon.

just that, or some cress or mint

the irish have better food

Quite the nibble indeed. I often wonder why our brutish cousins can't enjoy the finer things in life such as we do, but alas, they'd rather eat their grimy hamburgers and what not. It is astonishing.

>muh heritage.

Absolutely.
Thinly sliced white bread, without crusts of course, make for a very civilised luncheon.

not even irish, they just love meat foods and booze on a level that brits never will

i appriciate it well

You have no idea lad.
They pretty much ARE British but a lot poorer.

Their food is far more peasant-tier than mainland Britain . . . .Sorry to burst your bubble.

Am I thinking of scottish?
Maybe I'm just mixing you all up and you're all the same bunch of drunks that love meat foods, you all pretty much look and sound the same to me.

Where are you from chap - perhaps I can straighten things out?

half japanese, half pacific islander, living the NEET life in washington state

stop talking like this, you don't sound like anyone living or dead

My girlfriend's family are rich Brits and they eat "chip butties". Its disgusting. The carbiest, starchiest thing you could ever eat.

>ewwwww carbs

the worst meme of the last 30 years

Gawd what a mix.

The British mainland has lots of regional variations, The Scots for some reason do like to deep fry stuff and although Haggis is their signature dish, it was invented in England. There is no doubt whatsoever that Scotland has a great beef stock, provided by the Aberdeen Angus cattle - very tasty steaks indeed.

The Welsh are again similar to the English but they do go for something called 'laver-bread' which is made from seaweed and they spread this on toast.

I am from the South West of England and we have a thing about Pork and cider, the Midlands is well known for Faggots and the seaside towns for their fish (obviously). Cornwall is/was a fishing county and that's were 'stargazy-pie' comes from.

British food.

It's summer in Britain, how about a nice Ploughmans for lunch and a pint of Ale.