How do you break up larger chocolate bars neatly? I'm talking about the thick 10 ounce (300g) ones

How do you break up larger chocolate bars neatly? I'm talking about the thick 10 ounce (300g) ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-E7u0LNUpO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A knife.

muh dick

Gee I dont know its not like your fucking picture shoes you how or anything

This

chop them

scissors.

Have you ever tried snapping a thick bar by hand?

learn karate

thin - hand
thick - knife
very thick - shitty knife + mallet

5 axis CNC machine

Arc welder

youtube.com/watch?v=-E7u0LNUpO4
this is your best bet OP

Just leave the bar wrapped and whack it against the counter until its in little pieces. Unwrap and youve got a broken bar.

>Cut to needed weight with shitty knife and some blunt object.
>once desired weight is achieved, use food processor to grate
>this is a lot easier if the chocolate is just warm enough to be ever-so-slightly soft.

>neatly

Are you kidding? Chocolate bars are split into square pieces for this exact reason. Either you are weak enough to fail at breaking chocolate with your hands, are you're autistic enough to demand a more precise way of doing it. Which is it?

This is why they invented the katana, OP.

Yeah, you combine it with a table edge for leverage.

Because the score lines are worthless most of the time.

please stop breathing

>How do you break up larger chocolate bars neatly? I'm talking about the thick 10 ounce (300g) ones.
Start at one side with a big chef's knife on a wooden cutting board, shaving, kind of a breakdown of it by the edge, little slices and some crumble.
Alternately, you can wrap it in a soft towel, bust it with a hammer and unwrap carefully, though you lose a little dust (or try a ziploc).

I use shoes...

why do you want to do it neatly, those thick bars are made for baking, you are probably going to melt that shit anyways

Ice picks

We sell chocolate in bulk where I work. Comes in a 10 pound brick like the monolith in 2001. We just whale on it with a hammer until it's in smallish pieces. It's usually used for melting down anyway so it doesn't need to be perfect.