Is it in any way the responsibility of the government to help its citizens eat healthy?

Is it in any way the responsibility of the government to help its citizens eat healthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/ICECI/Inspections/InspectionGuides/ucm092167.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, the government shouldn't give a shit about the body of people it governs, why should it care about that...

It's the responsibility of a government to foster a harmonious, well-educated, healthy society. One way to do that is by educating people to eat things that keep them healthy.

You want publically funded education and health? You have to learn in school that chocolate doesn't count as a vegetable. Thems the breaks.

Sure
You should only eat the products of the wealthiest food lobbies.

Milk anyone?

well since we are an industrilized society, and not an agrarian libertarian utopia.

I will say thats its important for the governemtn to tell companies how much rat shit in their oatmeal is the cutoff for human consumption.
Or properly deboning a chicken, and how live stock should be cared for and harvested.

if im growing slaughtering and cooking my own shit, the governement can kindly fuck off.

but since I outsource my food production, I need to trust someone to regulate the quality of food that goes into my gob. The government should have very extremely limited power as to the type of food I put into my mouth.

I honestly doen't have time to go back to the kitchen and inspect it everytime I get some thing to eat. Or run an agar test on a candybar to test for the presence of harmful bacteria or other pathogens.

le vegan pseudoscience meme

If, by eating healthy, you mean ensuring that standards exist, and are enforced, so that food businesses aren't selling poisonous shit on the market, then yes.

If you mean they should tell you what you can and can't eat, then fuck no.

No.

I meant things more like government-funded programs and/or free healthy food in public schools

I thought it was corn, or as the indians called it, maize

>le sysco is bad meme

>le water is a chemical meme
Enjoy your frankenfoods

Well, considering the entire US government has lobbyists arms up their asses to the fucking shoulder, im going to say it is not in their interest to try.

No, people who don't eat healthy already know they're eating garbage and throwing money away with food education programs isn't going to make anyone change what they eat.

The federal government shouldn't be feeding anyone. Period.

That's why we have state governments, and charities.

Unless you grow your own food or shop exclusively at farmer's markets Sysco has better produce than you're getting.

Lol. It's nice that you think that.
fda.gov/ICECI/Inspections/InspectionGuides/ucm092167.htm

I shop exclusively at farmers markets except for my CSA shares.

Checkmate, carnists.

>it's this asshole again

Hello!

This basically

I don't know know how we end up in an argument once a week (yes I do, it's inevitable when we're both here everyday).

Is it the FDA's fault you're fat, OP?

fast food restaurants should be shut down and their owners lined up and shot.

> (yes I do, it's inevitable when we're both here everyday).
I missed you too, friend