Have you ever tried real, italian pizza?

have you ever tried real, italian pizza?

not that new york or chicago utter shit, but the real pizza.

what was it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

pizzanapoletana.org/public/pdf/disciplinare 2008 UK.pdf
coon.com.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tried it

Doesnt compare to Superior french cuisine

Fuck off Africa niger

It's really expensive. They need a kitchen long enough for them to apply the toppings using a slingshot from at least 20 feet away.

You know the one in the OP pic is quality due to the spread.

i eat it regularly, the closest pizza restaurant to my apartment won the World Pizza Championship in Italy in 2014

Yes, it sucks

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh.

When I was in rome I ate pizza in this little shop. It was really tasty.
There is a lot of basil and a lot less sauce. the bread is not satisying, and it isn't as fatty or salty as american pizza
it was good though, just different

Yeah. It tasted exactly how you would expect garlic/basil/tomato and mozzarella on flour crust to taste.

Yeah it was lush. Best pizza I've ever tasted

Yes, I've been to Italy and had real Italian pizza. It's not bad, authentic Neapolitan pizza pretty good, but still like NY style better. Also in Italy I ordered a "German sausage" pizza. Literally sliced hot dogs.

Yes, and in Italy.

It was bland, crispy on the outside and floppy towards the middle when.

There is this restaurant near me that got certified to make and sell Neapolitan pizza. I haven't tried it yet.

It's on the Gold Coast, Australia.

yeah it was bretty gud, and healthier than american pizza

but american pizza is better. and the entire world agrees with me.

I prefer Italian to American pizza most of the time. More complex flavor. NY pizza is fucking amazing though, it feeds a different kind of craving.

I had one that looked just like that from a place that sold "Certified" 'politan 'za. It was alright I guess (I loved the dough and the sauce, but the cheese parts & basil were nothing to write home about IMO).

I was in Rome a few months ago, and I definitely wanted to try out some real Italian pizza. I had met a few people around at some pubs, and one afternoon I got them to take me to a pizzeria for dinner. They order for us, just some basic pizzas (I know enough Italian, but my accent is shite). A bit later, I see pic related come out, one for each of us.
I'm utterly shocked, and I pause a bit as I watch everyone eat theirs like nothing is wrong. I think maybe these guys are just trolling me, right? But no - I looked around, and saw some other people with this garbage too, unless they hired out an entire troupe just to fuck with me. Fuck Italy. Pic related - the fucking "pizza.

yo what the fuck, they used wonder bread too
haha

Eaten pizza in Italy - the main thing I noticed was that they use a lot less of everything. As in, the dough was thin, they didn't use much sauce, and there were only a few scattered bits of mozzarella.

Was delicious.

i've been to italy 4 times and sicily 4 times

the pizza there is good but it's because it's fucking good dough cooked in a fucking hot oven with fucking good tomatoes and fucking nice cheese and some basil. it's not rocket surgery. no need to put it on a pedestal. it's just that americans think the mark of a good pizza is excess. there has to be a sea of cheese and a mathematically perfect distribution of toppings. the cheese and toppings don't even have to be good, nor does the dough. it's stupid

Yeah it's good if made properly, tastes like an actual dish and not just random shit slapped together, like regular pizza does.

The lack of toppings makes it a bit bread heavy.

this

get the basics right, cook it well and it's really good, like a lot of other italian food too

my dad is ridiculous like this. he always has to "doctor it up" by putting on extra cheese and olive oil and other bullshit

all he does is ruin the fucking pizza every time by drowning it in cheese and oil for no fucking reason

>tfw friend from Secondigliano is staying with you and making pizza any time for free
I'm glad Naples is such a shithole people want to move away.

Its very good, but a great New York-style pizza is better.
Chicago-style is for beetus sufferers.

>good tomatoes
no such thing
>nice cheese
you mean lots of cheese? preferably from Wisconsin
>basil
I don't know what that is because I am not a pretentious hipster
>americans think
we saved your ass in world war 2, stay obsessed

that looks so fucking good

if the sauce had garlic in it, it wasn't a real italian pizza.

fuck off, it just means it isn't a real margherita.

pizzanapoletana.org/public/pdf/disciplinare 2008 UK.pdf

it wasn't a margherita and it wasn't a marinara.

inb4 it was a marinara with mozzarella. there are no "additions".

It's just meh for everyone. Maybe not for hipsters tho.

it doesn't matter what it's called, 'real italians' make pizzas with that configuration of ingredients all the time. i just posted that to show that they put garlic on their pizzas sometimes.

>it doesn't matter what it's called

but that's where you're wrong.

I've had something similar to OP's pic. Not sure if it was """""true"""""' Italian, but it was p good. I like American style pizza better, but that's just because that is what I have eaten my whole life. I've always felt that pizza was to be this greasy, delicious party food that you would order on special occasions like having company over, or watching a sporting event. This doesn't do the same for me, and for that, I can't say it's as good as regular pizza.

This, the chef that made that was a real straight shooter.

My family and I stumbled upon this little cafe in a town on our way to the amalfi coast when we visited this summer.

My aunt, who's lived in Italy for 25 years, said that the margherita pizza I ordered was the greatest she had ever eaten.

Words cannot describe how fucking insane that pizza was.

I know you Veeky Forums contrarians hate the southern half of Italy with a passion but I thought it was magical.

The sauce was just crushed tomatoes (which on their own were god tier), the cheese was just water buffalo mozzarella, the basil was just regular basil. But it was so fucking good. The crust was crispy yet tender and warm like a mother's kiss.

its great

pizza was invented as a way to get people to eat their scraps

wtf, so everyone only gets one bite of basil and it's your first bite.

>eating anything in the Sainsburys basics range

>starting in the middle

>everyone

people don't generally get these kinds of pizza to share in a large group

Still though, one ingredient is stuck in one part of the food, making it incumbent on the eater to do the chef's job? Having said that, i'd still eat it. Maybe my blood sugar is low and that's why I'm complaining.

In DC, a restaurant named 2amys does real Italian pizza. It's a DOC product, and your restaurant can get certified outside italy, they just gotta import some stuff.

Honestly like they said, wood burning oven is a nice touch on all food, but I would order with double sauce myself.

are you flyover or something
it's not fucking Papa John's

>no black cancer spots from uneven flames
>visible cheese
That's not a real Itallian-style, OP.

I had better pizza in Stockholm than I ever did in Italy.

wtf does that even mean

Anyone ever had 500 Degrees Pizza, like the restaurant

There's one near my university (UCLA)

swedish pizza can be god tier imo

/thread

Grad or undergrad? Are you from LA/Cali?

You mean 800 degrees?

Which Italian pizza? We have many types.

Pic related are various examples of one type of Italian pizza. It's p good.

>made flesh

This is another type, though not common outside of peoples' homes. The dough is made with potatoes and deepfried before being topped with sauce and cheese or mozzarella.

Yeah my bad, just woke up
Grad and yeah I'm from OC

Lived in italy for three years and ate "real" pizza all over the country. It generally sucks and is usually burned with giant yeast bubbles in it because dagos are lazy jews and can't into making fresh dough. Or maybe they give dumb tourists the old dough. Either way it sucks. Pizza is shit and their sauce is inferior to almost any local pizzeria in the states.

>look how ignorant I am, look!
You give americans a bad name.

Yeah, we know you are an expert. Now shut the fuck up.

If every american citizen tried real italian pizza, every pizza place in usa would go out of business and there would be riots because people wouldnt want eat the shit pizza theyre used to eat anymore

the biggest difference in mainland europe's pizzas is the fact they're mostly thin crust. They also throw more stuff onto it. Unlike takeaway pizzas I've had in the UK where it's the most basic ingredients ever and always super thick and doughy. just depends on personal taste.

Fuck off you pretentious faggot

>nice means a lot
this is why you people are so fucking fat

>square pizza

It's not as good as my homemade pizza dough and sauce.

>He doesn't know what a square is
>Americuck detected

Was in Bassano del Grappa for a month in May. Pizza there was excellent. As they say, less is more. 3rd generation restaurant owner in Asolo stressed quality yeast, water, and flour while not over kneading the dough ensures it is soft and flaky. A ladel of sauce and basil with mozerella, into the 800 degree brick oven for 6 minutes.

I thought it was really good and definetly authentic. Best I had out of Rome, Venice, Florence, etc.

i will undoubtabley agree to this post.

fully sincere

Newcunt detected

what bread would one use if you dont wanna make it from doug

Lost a babytooth in one when I was in Italy as a child.
But they're great, everything was just right .

Yeah I was curious so I made some. Pretty good, but so is a lot of stuff.
Because it's so simple you can imagine exactly what it tastes like and not be far off when you actually try it.

>certified to make and sell pizza
oh wow god forbid you buy from that bat shit crazy un-certified pizza place

>Gold Coast
lads probably just paid a random wog off the street to pose with a thumbs up or something to stick on the front window

Do Aussies still call niggers wogs?

That's amazing. We stopped doing that in the 90s, but it's such a great word for them.

As far as I'm aware we don't refer to blacks as wogs. It's a term reserved for Mediterranean immigrants, of which me mostly got Italians and Greeks.
It isn't used that much anymore.

coon.com.au/
We still have this great meme though.

of which *we mostly got

Why did your aunt eat your pizza?

it's not that different from new york style and not that much better

It looks like americans eat square pizza in middle schools, hence the reaction.

Not in Italy, but Pizzeoli here in St. Louis is pretty faithful to the Italian style. Best pizza I've ever had, especially that wood fired crust.

I like to make semi Italian style, but I don't have a wood fired oven so the crust is never perfect. Wonder if there's any good ones I could set on my deck...

Anyway, pic related is mine. Tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil (only a little since I had used up most of my basil plant for the last one) and reduction of balsamic vinegar.

Yes, liked it with stracciatella as a topping

Me again. Anyone here ever use a Uuni 2S. I make pizza and bake bread pretty damn often (several times a week, 3 a week is probably the least I've done it in the past few months) so $300 for it's size is pretty damn tempting if it's good.

like i can make it at home
yes it is, authentic Italian pizza is like putting a salad on a slice of pizza with no sauce or cheese,
mmm NY pizza.....thin crispy crust oily and cheesy

here in London, UK there are tons of authentic italian style pizzarias

I've lived in NYC, and I gotta say - I love the dollar slices from 99 C Fresh for their convenience, but a classic margarita from a wood-fire oven with fresh basil on it is irreplaceable.

>the cheese and toppings don't even have to be good, nor does the dough
you are dumb as fuck.
also
>yeah i tasted italian pizza, i went to some tourist trap in florence, i totally had the real thing

is this board always this trash?

>reading that post and taking from it that the poster went to 'some tourist trap in florence'

reaching hard bro

Went to italy, had pizza twice before realizing that it was inferior

it was essentially like a pita that had been baked till it was hard all over, with some sauce cheese and basil on it. The crust wasn't even worth eating it was so hard

[Something about incest]

I had a bite, nearly ejaculated, and offered family members a bite because it was a decent sized pizza and I'm not autistic.

>stop describing things you found tasty on a cooking board

"""""""No""""""""

>is this board always this trash?
yes. go away.

Went to a place in Tokyo owned by a Japanese guy who trained in Italy and won best pizza in the world multiple times in competition in the late 2000s and early 2010s

It was the packed, needed a reservation unless you wanted to wait over an hour, and was easily the best Italian pizza I'd ever had.

It was good but still totally inferior to NY pizza, deep dish, or pretty much any style of American pizza.

>Italian pizza
>made by a slant in Nippon
Weebs really are this stupid....

>fag lord who has never been to Tokyo and doesn't realize how ridiculously competitive the restaurant business is over there
>Can't read that he won in international competitions

For the foods Japanese people are familiar with like Japanese, Korean, French, and Italian most of those guys train in the country of origin of those foods and then have an extreme dedication to getting it correct because if they don't some other guy will come in with a restaurant right down the street and take all your business.

Japanese people are extremely fickle, love to try the new hotness, and have zero loyalty when it comes to restaurants unless the restaurant truly is among the best. The Italian food you'll find in Tokyo if you go to some place that isn't a bargain dump will be as good if not better than the majority of Italian places in Italy.

Sure they get some stuff wrong for currently unfamiliar dishes like anything from Africa and most North American cuisine like BBQ, Deep Dish, and Mexican, but theres tons of classically trained in Europe chefs now throughout the country and the general public knows whats good and what to expect.

tldr, get a fucking passport and stop watching so much anime