Saw a McD's ad that read: "Garlic Fries: The latest Nor Cal invention to hit the foodie scene"...

Saw a McD's ad that read: "Garlic Fries: The latest Nor Cal invention to hit the foodie scene". I live in Northern California and have eating them my whole life, are they really relegated to California or have you guys been eating them as long as we have in other states?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/san-francisco-garlic-fries-366699
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what the fuck are garlic fries
do you guys just fry garlic and eat it

Regular french fries but covered with minced garlic and herbs.

They're good if you get a good batch, but you get what you pay for.

I live in AZ. Don't really see garlic fries at restaurants (though I mostly go to fast food and Chinese places) but I like making them at home.

Fried garlic is actually delicious. You will fart and shit demons but it tastes amazing.

I live in AZ and they've been in restaurants for as long as I remember.
Also they're shit.

Are you really this fucking retarded? It's garlic flavored french fries, you mong. Did you ignore the picture?

I could go for some garlic fries right now...

Fuck you OP for making me hungry.

How do you make them? Is it just normal fries dipped in garlic powder then fried?

Sheetz in PA had garlic fry platters over a decade ago.

I suspect this will yield the best tasting fries

Basically any combo of garlic and fries can be considered garlic fries so it's really a toss up how good they'll be depending on how they make them. The best are just well made fries tossed with finely chopped raw garlic and parsley, the worst are soggy greasy fries with garlic powder. The local olive oil company where I live, Sciabicas, makes amazing olive oil and they have a garlic infused variety that I like to toss the fries in and for some extra flavor.

It has to do with the town of Gilroy. It's the main garlic producer in Cali and supposedly they originated there. They are also tasty, particularly with some truffles

This recipe is pretty much how you'd get them served at a Giants game in the bay, except they'd be fried not baked

Forgot the recipe
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/san-francisco-garlic-fries-366699

Oh weird, I've been eating them all my life and thought it was a PNW thing.

We have them in MN...

Didnt even try them

Holy shit garlic and herb fries aren't a normal thing everywhere?

>in a national chain

Literally the worst national chain. The fuck's your point?

i definitely wouldn't get them from mickey d's