I made kimchi

I made kimchi.
I hated it.

Is kimchi a peasant food for people in communist countries who have to eat sour food all year round?

Is it a meme food for westerners?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4qP-bylyuHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>>/google/
>>>/wikipedia/

It has some really strong flavors, and depending on how you made it yourself you might have made it too strong. Plus, like anything fermented, it's gonna be inconsistent. Post your method pls.

>i heard about this food everyone says people either love or hate
>without going out and trying it i decided to make a batch on my own, not even knowing if it even turned out right

You're a fucking idiot, OP.

It's another "Everything I Don't Like Is a Meme" episode.

it's just a spicy Korean fucking version of sauerkraut, what the fuck did you expect it to taste like

youtube.com/watch?v=4qP-bylyuHI

how could kimchi in any way not be vegan, what the fuck is this shit

Dried shrimp and fishpaste you dumb slut

Soaked bok choi, spring onions and cabbage in water for a few hours with plenty of salt.
Drained and rinsed well.
Blended some radish with some garlic, mixed it with chili pepper flakes, a tiny splash of fish sauce and a tiny splash of worcestershire sauce.
Mixed it together.
Left it on the counter for 2 days, released the gas periodically.
Refrigerated for maybe 2-3 days.

Pretty standard I think. Tasted quite gross, though.

>it's just a spicy Korean fucking version of sauerkraut, what the fuck did you expect it to taste like
I've never tasted sourkraut, I had zero expectations. I wanted to give it a try and be open-minded about it.

I had some spare ingredients I wanted to use up, so I thought I'd give it a try.

who fucking cares about a goddamn shrimps life?

I once saw an "iPhone 6s destroyed by molten tar" video. The guy killed a mosquito and all the comments where bitching about that. So sjws do care about shrimps

Testing star name

You can make it vegan, idiot.

Kimchi is fucking delicious. Not kimchi's fault that you have a shitty palette.

1. Why the fuck would you use bok choi? You're supposed to use napa cabbage, you dumb fuck. You also aren't supposed to soak the spring onions in the salt water brine either. That's supposed to be added to the spicy mix you make later.
2. You aren't supposed to use chili pepper flakes. You are supposed to get what's called gochugaru which is Korean red pepper flakes. It's a specific type of pepper flake.
3. Did you cut up the radish or did you make it into a puree? If you blended it, you're a fucking idiot. You're supposed to make it into slices. I hope you were also using daikon radish, not just any ordinary radish. You also didn't use ginger which is important.

Please go find an actual fucking recipe of kimchi and try again.

Jesus Christ.

Also he never said what he paired it up with and I'm assuming he ate it by itself.

Don't bother making your own,
The stuff you buy from the Korean grocer will be just as good as any Korean grandma can make

It's fucking pickled cabage, and like all pickled things, it's just a way of preserving food. You're not only retarded, but you have shit taste.

I live in an area with a lot of asians and so my local store sells several varieties. Some taste like warm farts. Others taste godly.

Good kimchi tastes like vinigary low mayo coleslaw with a sharp garlic and pepper bite. Bites you like a good medium salsa.

Bad kimchi is sweet and not spicy at all. Tastes like it's gone off.

Seems like it's the Japs who make the warm fart stuff and Koreans who make the good stuff.

tldr: The Japanese have incorporated kimchi into their food culture and ruined it. Make sure you are making Korean kimchi.

yeah how fucking stupid is OP?

why wouldn't you buy some known good (at least to someone else) kimchi before making some never knowing the real taste

Fermentation thread? How do I stop my saurkraut from being dry and sort of rubber like?

Vegans you goddamn retard

nah, you're just a faggot with an underdeveloped palate. go back to ordering tendies from the kids' menu.

Kimchi is seasoning, not food.

You add it to other things to combine flavours.

Use cabbage instead of rubber bands

In what Japanese dish is kimchi found in? I've literally never seen it outside of Korean restaurant, yakiniku place, or Korean food section in Japan.