Omakase

Omakase

Starting off with a cucumber and octopus pickle

eh, is that a huge pile of ginger and big bowl, or just the angle? that's like whole a cucumber in one setting

Red snapper and salmon tataki

The fish was crazy tender and sweet

>bell peppers and onion
looks good user I love that vegetable blend on calimari. is this a tasting menu?

Yellowtail, tuna, salmon nigiri
The chef made everything right in front of us which was p. cool

The bowl is very small, there was a generous amount of pickled ginger and wasabi though

>is this a tasting menu?
>Omakase

reading is hard senpai

>implying I'm going to google that when I could just ask the guy that started the thread who's looking for attention anyways.

flyovers don't know what omakase is
even "tasting menu" is a made up imaginary phrase introduced by the namefag Borneo in 2015

Snow crab, seared tuna belly and salmon belly, raw diver scallop
The textures and flavours were oh so good.

There was some citrus in the tataki sauce as well, amazing flavours

I wouldn't call it a tasting menu, the chef asked what our preferences were and made us dish after dish until we were full. Its my third favourite restaurant in the world desu.

I requested a lot of fish so I got a lot of fish

how much did you pay ?

A bunch of delicious nigiri, kinda lost track of what they were called in my food lust induced haze

I went with my bf hence the two of everything and we paid about 80USD each inc drinks

Omakase is when you let the chef pick stuff out for you, it's usually the freshest stuff available plus his specialties

Tasting menus are a real thing and they are excellent

Uni nigiri

Not a big fan of the irony taste but it was really creamy and I can see why people dig it

shiiiid, only 80? what state?

Ika with mentaiko
Aka squid with cod roe
Nice snappy texture and good flavour

Seared toro aka tuna belly
The juiciest fish you will ever taste

Yea boi, they charge by dish and considering the quality it's really reasonable
Sushi Den in Denver, call ahead and make a reservation for the omakase. The owner is the head chef and makes this shit for you

Unseared toro with a bit of cucumber and sriracha
I told the chef I like spicy food so he was pretty liberal with the wasabi

We had half an orange to finish but I didn't take pics of it

10/10 worth every penny

That's some wack ass uni, but I can't imagine Colorado has access to top grade uni

This guy does. His brother lives in Japan near one of their big fish markets and flies him the best stuff every week, so the omakase is the absolute best

Gonna reiterate this place has some of the best sushi I've ever had and I'm from Asia

>Omakase
This is what Kamikaze pilots said before crashing.

iron taste? never noticed that with any uni I've had. yours looks strange, like something is mixed in with it.

He brushed some sort of soy sauce glaze on it
I've noticed it both times I've had uni but I'm pretty sensitive to certain flavours so it could just be me

Well, I'm "from Asia" and that uni looks like it's been though WW2

Uni in good condition has a very distinct surface texture, that stuff looks like the kind normally reserved for pasta and such, not omakase

Might be fresh but it looks like it feel down the stairs

Lol yeah, he had a little box of it behind the counter that looked like regular uni but I didn't see what he did with it so who knows

You mean >2014

that cucumber/sriracha is a goddam unforgivable sin ontop of that

i picked it off and ate it separately with a little nibble of the tuna

was alright but i do prefer the toro on its own

no joke

not to pile on this guy's selection but that looks really wrong. if i ordered uni and was served that i would send it back; however omakase brings with it the implied authority of the chef in selecting and serving you directly--might be harder to decline.

it genuinely turned my stomach to look at

fuck that looks good