Anyone here in management consulting?

anyone here in management consulting?

Yes

Really? How long have you been where? Do you like it?

rip

How does one work in Management consulting?

good grades at target schools + strong extracurriculars, then get hired out of undergrad/MBA

I guess it's too late for me, I'm 29 living abroad.

everyone at mckinsey needs to be lynched
theyre merkel advisors

KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory (SSOA) - management consultant of 8 years reporting in.

what's ya portfolio look like lads?

how interesting...

so youre 8 years in and still at consultant level?

how does it feel to treat america like a kb toy store undergoing liquidation? is that basically what you do? you probably sleep like a fucking baby

Wow. Such discussion. So insight.

My cousin who lives in a Germany works for Bain&company. He’s a rich motherfucker but I don’t know what he really does other than travel and shit. He’s 40 and I’m a 26yo wagecuck

McK, Bain and BCG are melting pots of normies showing off.
They dont give any real advice. What they do is owning a reputation. Thats it.
The CEO of a huge company goes golfing with a Partner of these 3 and tells the partner what he wants to do resp how many people he wants to fire.
then the so called consultants are told the target by their bosses boss (the partner) and they find the way to that specific result.

when the ceo of siemens wants to cut costs by 1b a year he fires 5k people. but obviously he cant tell the board or the news that he simply wants to kick them out - so siemens pays 5m $ for a sheet if papers that tells siemens it has to let go 5.5k people because reasons.

thats how these 3 major consultancies work and what the consultants do.
aside from jerking off to their frequent flyer status, their rimowa cases and best handmade shoes.

>implying they get paid millions per month to fire people
>implying every projects leads to layoffs

believe it or not i dont care

did you get laid off or why are you so delusional

join them if your profile fits the one i posted and you will find out yourself.

i have 3 friends that worked for them for different time spans and have to deal with those companies on a daily basis in my 9-5 job with a much higher wage per hour.

Projects are often initiated and the buyer and consultants all know the outcome. Gives internal management an excuse to do things and an excuse if it fucks up.

I will try to, but your putting like it all projects are exclusively relating to cost reduction which isnt true at all

you're

George S May
IPA
Legacy Analytics
If you never worked at any of these 3 you are not truly a management consultant.

there are some other cases those companies are hired. but thats in less than 1/4 the case.
also the real brains (research) dont sit at the clients conference table, they are stored in dedicated companies without direct contact to clients.
and the pp slides are made by unironical pajeets.
the consultants primarily provide a good show.
thats it.

>couldn't get on the buy side
>couldn't get into IB
>couldn't get into PE
>Consulting topkek

You think I can enter consulting with a chemical engineering degree? About to graduate this semester with a lot of research experience and a good GPA, but nothing in terms of internships. Not looking for the big 4, but other consulting areas as well. Even thinking about pivoting into software engineering if this doesn't work out.

I've finished a chemistry degree at a target and got first round interviews with all 3 MBBs. However, I also have good extracurriculars, excellent grades and an internship with a big pharma company

big4 is advisory, not management consulting. (they do that too but its not their focus)
also STEM demands phd if you dont graduate from caltec or mit.

I see, thanks. Not sure where I should go with this degree to be completely honest, just don't want to be stuck working process engineering at a factory in bumfuck nowhere.

why did you study chemistry in the first place?

I feel the same way as I dont want to do another 7 years of education (PhD+postdoc) to be employable

You probably also have a shot at other areas in finance if you're course work was quant heavy

Not chemistry, chemical engineering. Has much much less to do with chemistry and much more with physics. I chose the major because, like most people, was good at STEM related fields and was interested in them. Heard job prospects were great, very versatile degree, and bam here I am 2 months before graduating with no job or graduate degree in sight.

I'll give it a look and spread my applications far and wide. Learning some programming on the side as well to do a few website projects for friends, maybe that can consume some time before I go insane. I just really don't want to become a NEET or a burger flipper with a STEM degree.

did you do research with a professor at university? might be able to leverage that
also, even if you dont want to do process your whole life, doing an internship at a big company could be beneficial (given that you can land one of these easier than something outside of your background)