So Veeky Forums

so Veeky Forums,

i just finished my first attempt on a jalapeno hot sauce, following a very basic recipe that called for nothing but jalapeno, bit of onion and garlic sauteed, cooked down with water and salt, blended and some light vinegar added. i used tomato puree instead of water and added a dash of sugar in the end and the outcome isnt bad at all, just not very fancy.

since i am from yurop i am hoping for US fags and other countries used to handling jalapenos to give me a few suggestions on cool shit to add, may it be spices/seasonings or vegetables or whatever.

>pic related, those i used

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/221961/quick-pickled-jalapeno-rings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Cayenne peppers
Vinegar

Literally all you need

>tomato puree

you're an idiot. peppers, vinegar, salt, maybe garlic. nothing else

Lemon and lime juice
Cilantro
Jerk seasoning

whats wrong with tomato?

bump

Bump

Tomato is for stretching it out. It's like cutting your coke. You want the best cocaine, not the shit mixed with dehydrated milk.

so when the recipe called for water to let it simmer that already was not required?

thing is though, that i like the tomato flavour thats in it. and the purpose of this thread was to see, if other people maybe tried out adding some unusual ingredient to their hot sauce but from what i get up to this point is, that basic makes the best jalapeno hot sauce

>that i like the tomato flavour thats in it

You're obviously in denial, faglord.

I mean what tomatoes were you using in the first place?

>look, someone doesnt like what i find appropriate

are you sure you havent maybe spent too much time online, m80?

i was going to use actual tomatoes at first but then i got unsure if they would lose enough water in the process to come up to the amount of water the recipe suggested. thus i used the next best thing, which is pic related

This. Put some fucking cilantro there and get that tomato crap out

allrecipes.com/recipe/221961/quick-pickled-jalapeno-rings/

leave out the tomato

but if you want to get unique, jalapenos have a lot of fruity notes so they go well with things like citrus or pineapple

>ITT - faggot OP gets dominated for using his shitty tomato

I love it. OP is a silly cunt.

OP, i make a few sauces. One is like yours, minus the tomatoes. the ratio of vinegar, salt, peppers and sugar is all that makes it different. A little liquid smoke can be nice (or grilling them). Garlic is good.

I also do one with carrots and onions. All coked and pureed.

>dominated

i would rather call it autist'd by retards unable to read and comprehend 'first attempt'. likewise to you faggot; why dont you shitpost in one of the countless McD threads where i am sure your valuable opinion is urgently required?

this is input i can consider and work with, thx

this issue is that this added the tomato taste with tomatos. jalepenos aren't really the right pepper to use with tomatos, and it probably also made the jalepenos pop less. remember it's not a salsa, and good luck next time!

what an unusually nice and informative post. now it makes sense and i get an idea of what to do differently and even why.

i am sorry, i got but one internet left for the remainder of the week but here, you shall have it!

Get yourself 12 decent sized jalapenos and 4 cloves of garlic.

1. Roast jalapenos and garlic in oven, or over a grill, make sure to char the skin of jalapenos but don't completely burn them.
2. Put jalapenos in a plastic bag or bowl and cover to steam.
3. Skin and seed the jalapenos, pop the roasted cloves of garlic out of skin.
4. Blend with a little Olive oil and sprinkle of salt.

Best green salsa I've ever had, and I live in Texas with a Mexican GF.

that sounds delicious indeed. luckily i still got a heap left. thank you user, this i will definitely give a go

Add celery.

Just follow the recipe of the best

Three ingredients is all you need.

thats precisely what i meant with this thread though, i was looking to get something a little out of the ordinary. because if i want tabasco green i will just sort me with a bottle, even in yuropoorland this is readily available

This is how we make ajvar in serbia

Instead of Jalapeño you would use Albanians?

exactly.

Dumbass we have other hot peppers in Serbia you know

Mate, I was joking.

>Кocoвo јe Cpбијa

every Serb knows Kosovo is no longer Serbian and only baloon head extremists say otherwise

Not the most humorous Serb, are you?

I remember one tripfaggot posting several salsas recipes.
It was mr something.
Ive seen the images reposted but i never saved them...