Cheap foods

I want to know the cheapest long term foods that you can eat that won't kill you in 50 years. I heard potatoes have almost all the nutrients people needed to live which is why the irish farmed them.

Also rice and wheat grain is really cheap right?

Any recipes with cheap foods?

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/ICECI/Inspections/InspectionGuides/ucm092167.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rice, beans and california blend

corn. get u sum fuckin corn.

Rice, beans, potatoes.

Wheat only if organic.

Bulk grains and beans, root vegetables. Other vegetables dependent on region, but broccoli is terribly cheap.

A bullet, you fearmongering retard. You could eat bland bullshit your whole life and still get cancer just as easy as the fat fuck who eats mcdonalds 3 times a day.

I prefer normandy blend but eh

Don't forget pasta, it's a cheap staple that will fill you up.

diabetes says Hi.

you need many things to "live"

for example many vitamins vital to our health are only oil/fat soluble.
how are you gonna get those from pasta, potatoes, rice etc.

potato is good (you can make your own vodka too, hehe), but you gonna need other stuff too.

chickens are very good to have. they gonna provide you with eggs that are one of the most nutritious foods that exist. the white is clear 100% protein. the yolk has fats, proteins, vitamins and a whole other nutrients.
also you get the meat.
they also reproduce on their own without extra care, and they eat literally anything. if you want extra production you may want to feed them regularly.

you may want to cultivate some other "greens"for extra dietary fibers and vitamins.

there are many things you can do

thx senpai, i dont really care about making my own farm or growing stuff, but i guess maybe that could be much more cost productive. I just want to eat cheap food that wont give me diabetes in 10 years.

i normally eat soup blended together with rice, corn, potatoes, pasta, carrots, chicken meat, eggs, and corn starch. It looks like glop, but tastes gr8

>rice, beans, potatoes
>diabetes

user........i think you forgot your meds.
>eggs
> one of the most nutritious foods

do you actually have autism?

just avoid anything processed.
sugar and salt are the best, abundant and costeless preservatives that exist. Thus they are freaking everywhere. literally. check the labels.

i like drinking "Monster" (energy drink). The "ultra" variant (sugar free) has freaking 1g salt.
1 freaking gram. that's about 1/5 of the salt the average person should eat. just from an energy drink.

Now imagine how easy it's too exceed the limits.

also a very crucial thing to diabetes, if you are ineterested, is to eat frequent small serves of food so you keep your pancreas sensitive and working. big servings make it overworking and big breaks between eating make it sloath and less sensitive so you produce less insuline and thus have more glucose in your blood.

just avoid processed and eat small portions of literally everything.

Vitamin A equiv. (19%)149 μg
Thiamine (B1) (6%)0.066 mg
Riboflavin (B2) (42%)0.5 mg
Pantothenic acid (B5) (28%)1.4 mg
Vitamin B6 (9%)0.121 mg
Folate (B9) (11%)44 μg
Vitamin B12 (46%)1.11 μg
Choline (60%)294 mg
Vitamin D (15%)87 IU
Vitamin E (7%)1.03 mg

Minerals
Calcium (5%)50 mg
Iron (9%)1.2 mg
Magnesium (3%)10 mg
Phosphorus (25%)172 mg
Potassium (3%)126 mg
Sodium (8%)124 mg
Zinc 1.0 mg (11%)

it has a little bit of everything. and in a stable diet that doesn't miss on other teams of foods, is very good and complements sufficiently.

>rice
>pasta
Wrong answer if you live in the US. Check the ingredients.

any kind of starch is a no-no.
yes more complex starch is better because it doesn't raise the glucose index as fast as lets say sugar, or fruit juices, but when you cook these foods the starch breaks down and become worse.

though just for the record i didn't say no to these foods, i just said that you have to be careful. hit the big spoon with these and you are for some serious troubles in the long run.

How many fucking times do I have to tell you guys that naturally occurring vitamins are removed from your wheat and replaced with synthetic, chemical versions which cause thousands of health issues?
Read a book.

fda.gov/ICECI/Inspections/InspectionGuides/ucm092167.htm

???

There are plenty of societies that have starch as their staple. I think it's ludicrous to actively avoid them, most normal people have no issues on gorging on starches.

Here is US rice with synthetic chemicals unlabelled in ingredients, but displayed on nutrition facts.

this table is for eggs. not wheat.

pay attention please.

white rice causes diabetes. thats why diatbetes is so prevalent in china.

please pinpoint the exact words where i say that you should avoid them?

in contrast, i specifically said that you just need to be careful in order to stay healthy in the long run.

also please name some of these societies that have starch (rice mainly i guess) as "their staple" and are healthy.

"most normal people have no issues on gorging on starches."

diabetes and obesity (which in turn is linked to diabetes) are considered MAJOR health issues in western civilization to the point of a pandemic.

just because you don't die imediately after eating a whole loaf of bread or a bowl of rice it doesn't mean that it's good for you and you should gorge on it.

I do live in the US. I still have no idea what you mean.

Nearly all countries have starches and grains as staples, even excluding western countries. Eating bowls of rice each day doesn't necessarily cause diabetes.

you are mistaken ingredients with things that exist in the food.

a packet of rice can't have ingredients. It has one ingredient : Rice. it's redundant to say that a packet of rice has rice in it.

now the vitamins and the rest of the things you see are not in the package they are just things that the rice contains naturally (unless it's an enforced product).

just a thought since i'm not from the US so i don't know the legislation.

don't want to burst your bubble but i will.
this data is like 20 years old. at best.

Globally as of 2010 it was estimated that there were 285 million people with type 2 diabetes making up about 90% of diabetes cases.[19] This is equivalent to about 6% of the world's adult population.[97] Diabetes is common both in the developed and the developing world.[19] It remains uncommon, however, in the underdeveloped world.[7]

Women seem to be at a greater risk as do certain ethnic groups,[19][98] such as South Asians, Pacific Islanders, Latinos, and Native Americans.[22] This may be due to enhanced sensitivity to a Western lifestyle in certain ethnic groups.[99] Traditionally considered a disease of adults, type 2 diabetes is increasingly diagnosed in children in parallel with rising obesity rates.[19] Type 2 diabetes is now diagnosed as frequently as type 1 diabetes in teenagers in the United States.[7]

Rates of diabetes in 1985 were estimated at 30 million, increasing to 135 million in 1995 and 217 million in 2005.[15] This increase is believed to be primarily due to the global population aging, a decrease in exercise, and increasing rates of obesity.[15] The five countries with the greatest number of people with diabetes as of 2000 are India having 31.7 million, China 20.8 million, the United States 17.7 million, Indonesia 8.4 million, and Japan 6.8 million.[100] It is recognized as a global epidemic by the World Health Organization.[101]

B U C K W H E A T