Beer general!

Another day of beer drinking! And yet another fantastic stout from Mikkeller, i don´t like their other styles all that much but the stouts still speak to me beerwise.

Probably the best smelling and tasting beer with vanilla as the primary adjunct! Very heavy beer though.Love it.

So beer general, drank some, made some, loved some?

Other urls found in this thread:

oedipus.com/beers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not drinking tonight; had one of these last night with a friend. It was pretty good but not worth the price.

that's how I feel about most of Goose Island's stuff, especially the ones in 750ml bottles

Going to drink this tonight. I usually stick with whiskey but I'll have a beer every now and then.

had this tonight

I'm planning a trip to Sweden soon. If that fucker is sold out in Umeå I'm going to get pissed, as in the non-alcoholic manner.

meant to quote OP

Not a huge fan of the beer, but I absolutely adore this fucking glass.

bunch of bitches in here

>says the pleb

Not drinking this now though, still has to age for 3 months before it's had a year, which is what the monks recommended when I bought the crate.

Great beer.
Drinking a mn classic tonight

so am I, cheers mate

Just here to show off my new glass, desu.

Out on the West Coast visiting family and pic related has been a new favorite over the past week.

Winner.

my MN bros
What are some good local brews I should try?
Tried furious, i was too much of a bitch for it. I like hell though.

So redpill me on glassware.

I have a pint glass, a pilsner glass, and some wine glasses.

Do I REALLY need to have the 100% 1:1 glassware for each style of beer to get the full experience? Or is that just a meme?

Schell's Firebrick

The glasses make a difference. Any glass is better than the bottle/can. A pint, pilsner, snifter, and witbier glass will get you far. Start there (you can use a big wine glass in place of a snifter/goblet if you like) and branch out to some specialty glasses from your favorite breweries.

For Specialty glasses see (Triple hopped ipa brought from ferment to my store in less than 24 hours)

This shit is like candy. Lots of vanilla and cinnamon on the smell and taste. Highly recommend it to anyone working in the sun.

I always want to try stuff from them but I hate shelling out that kind of money for beer

Stick to their sours and stouts. They do rape you on price.

dont ever try to come at me

Hopje Koffie (Hop of coffee) by Eem from Amersfoort. Quite pleasant.
(I did not make this photo)

Certain glasses make more of a difference than others. Much like # said, those three will do the trick for most beers. If you're trying to have minimal glassware fore the maximum effect, I'd recommend a tulip glass. Just about any beer can go in a tulip. This is coming from someone who has more beer glasses than regular ones too.

Cheers!

As for my beers I have so many on hand but am most looking forward to drinking this bad boy. Not my picture but have been aging mine for about 8 months now. Should be great come fall.

Now drinking: Zuster Agatha Quadrupel by Muifel. Nice caramel-like mildly roasted taste. The taste of alcohol is however a little bit too prominent for my taste (it's 10%), but nice still.

if you're going to systembolaget to buy it, ask a swedish friend (if you have any) to order it.

I haven't had a beer in a year. What's the best go to refreshing summer beer? Like, if I'm drinking while sweating my balls off in my yard mowing the grass, what's going to quench my thirst?

corona is the classic (kinda pleb) beer. put a lime wedge in there for that extra frat boy feel

Imperial Stout that's been in secondary for about a month now.

Helles lager

Damn, I like that colour. How long until you'll drink it?

noted. i've had them poolside in years past and they were all right. Looking for something with more flavor, but thanks

How would you compare it to other lagers?

Perhaps Saison Dupont if you can get one wherever you are. Saisons were traditionally brewed especially for seasonal field laborers in Wallonia. They usually are refreshing and mildly bitter.

>all this gaf hipster shit

A little hoppier than normal. Extremely refreshing and easy to drink.

>>>/reddit/

I need a beer rec.

I've always been a fast drinker, with everything especially coffee and beer. I chug cups of water instead of sipping on them.

So I need strong beers that pretty much need to be drunk slowly, but preferably no stouts or IPAs.

Barleywine

souts are great but IPA's are for smelly portland flannel-wearing nu-male hipsters or hippies who bath once a month

Now drinking: Harlem Shake by Jopen and Oedipus. An export stout with raspberry and black pepper. One of my favorites.

Why is the frog/alien fucking the goat person?

That's what frog-aliens do.
Oedipus labels usually look unusual: oedipus.com/beers/

Delirium for tonight

Now drinking: Kleiburg Quadrupel Poorter. I taste more porter than quadrupel. Roasty, coffee and dark chocolate-like taste, and some licorice in the aftertaste. It has cardamom and licorice in it.

The brewery has an unusual background. It's affiliated with a protestant 'monastery', which is basically a small community of like minded people living together in a part of a flat in De Bijlmer, a concrete jungle that is part of Amsterdam. It was founded last year. They apparently decided that a monestary needs a brewery, so they hired a young lad who had been experimenting with homebrews for a while.

Belgian Quads, tripels or strong blonde/dark ales. Doppelbock is also a good choice, although it often only comes in pints.

Really like the Rochefort 8, can easily last over 30 minutes, and the taste just keeps getting better after pouring.

QUESTION: what's everyone's favorite cheap mexican beer?

Hefeweizen or Pale Ale.

I found this in my old rasputin, it looks like coagulated blood. Is that normal?

It's protein, you see it in high ABV stouts occasionally.

Yeah it's normal. Sometimes yeast/protein/whatever form together in a beer over time.

With any old bottle of beer that I expect to have this (lots of Belgian styles do) I leave the last bit of beer in the bottle and don't risk pouring all the sediment in there.

Some of these Tired Hands Milkshake beers end up looking like snowglobes with all the floating yeast stuff in them. In this case the beer tastes better with all that poured into the glass though. I tried decanting them before and it avoided the sediment but didn't taste as good.

Dark ales are good. I know Becks makes one, and even Budweiser has the black label that's decent. I know you said no stout, but the Guinness Extra Stout is one of my favorites.

Another week till the beers I'm brewing are carbonated and ready to drink.

Drinking pic related tonight, amongst other things. Really been into porters lately and this one is exceptional. Ballast Point has yet to let me down

I got this as a gift and really didn't think much of it. Not sure if the stuff doesn't travel well or what, but I found it pretty unremarkable.

Bout to try this bitch

I'm about to go to my local brewery to fill 3 growlers. Which beers should I pick? Pic related

Fuck it, it's payday

God I wish that shit was cheaper

Ahaha good luck.
Probably the worst beer brewer on the planet.
I would rather take a disgusting fucking undrinkable ipa than that shit.

Are you the guy who always posts the thumbnail of that douche in the sam Adam's commercial?

Mosaic and the last 2.

Absolutely not. Don't even know what you're talking about.

this was a delicious local beer. It's a pale ale conditioned on blueberries and the blueberry flavor is nice and light.

The brewery has started selling these crowlers at a farmer's market which is a cool new step forward for Pennsylvania beer.

kys

If you're ever in Australia try angry man ale. Shit's cash.

Another month or so in there and then into bottles, and they'll sit in them for at least a month.

Okay imperial stout, nothing amazing though.

I can't drink till next Saturday, but when I do, I'll be hitting up Red Hare's 5th year anniversary tasting, so I'm pretty stoked.

In the meantime, I'll just continue to be irritable and unable to stop thinking about beer.

Drink one for me.

It's cool and rainy for the first time in forever here so I picked up a 4 pack of this stuff. One of my favorites

Loved this one when i could get it reasonably fresh, now all i can get is aged to resemble barleywine. Does not work as one though, just bad old ipa.

Probably one of the best barrel notes i ever had from a beer and it is from a brown ale?

These guys knows how to use the adjuncts and post fermentation procedures to the max.

Best brown ale i ever had.

Trying a local dubbel, it's alright.

One of the best quads out there, right up there with Rochefort 10 and Westy 12!

On this beer now, perhaps as good as it gets pilsner wise from germany in my opinion!

weihenstephaner
>pils

pls go

They make more beers than hefeweizens!

i brewed my own beer and bottled it last weekend. i know i'm supposed to wait two weeks after bottling for it to properly carbonate, but i'm gonna open one tomorrow night. i'm really nervous

yes, doesn't mean they should though.

probably the best I've had desu
finishing off with a nice westmalle

Sometimes they carb up in an week no problems, sometimes not. you will know once you pop the cap!

I like it, i imagine alot of other people do also. It´s okay to want a brewery to only brew what you like i guess, but market rules.

Never had their tripel! Probably should have as the only trappists i really like are the stronger ones!

I've had some 500ml bottles of TH stuff and it's great. Jean and Chris visited the brewery I work at during SXSW and I got to try one of the canned IPAs. Not usually my style, but it was very good.

I agree.

What do imperial stouts taste like?

flat coffee

ALL HAIL NITRO

Don´t listen to Go out and get one most ones in the style tastes mostly in style. get used to it though, finish the bottle and you will probably know if you will search the style out again or not!

organizing my dank. at least one of these boxes should probably be destroyed. the rest is good stuff

Been drinking a ton of Grimm, Other Half, Singlecut, and Finback lately. NY is just absolutely destroying it lately. I have had Trillium/Treehouse and it is worth the hype but these breweries are honestly about as good.

Right now I have a Other Half/Holy Mountain colab, a brett IPA, very good.

Also not from NY but I have been loving Paradox lately. I bought a couple of their beers after trying Pineapple Upside-Down Sour at a bar.

Goose island has been garbage since inbev bought it.

I've got a 1 pint .9 oz bottle Zyweic Porter I'm gonna try after a fish and potato dinner. What am I in store for?

Psychedelic beer ?

Tell me more about it, user.

Drinking beer from my hometown they also make a blonde version of it.

You're not alone in thinking that. Ballast Point is decent beer, but nothing special. It's just a widely available, decent brewery.

Prairie is great! I had a pic related tonight, and enjoyed it a lot. They know their brewing, man.

Generally coffee, caramel, chocolate, oats, and other roasted stuff. Some lean towards bitter, others towards sweet. It really depends what's used in the brewing. Some good base/widely available ones to try are North Coast's Old Rasputin, Victory's Storm King, Great Divide's Yeti, AleSmith's Speedway Stout, and Bell's Expedition Stout.

I don't know anyone in Umeå, so I guess there's nothing I can do but to focus on the other available beers. Fortunately the selection seems quite alright overall.

Did you buy it from the Systembolaget shelf recently or did you have an old bottle stored at home? I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna delete that one from my buying list or not.

I suggest more than one attempt. Imperial stouts are a bit of an acquired taste there's no denying that so there's no need to panic if you don't love it the first time. Even I needed quite a few Guinness cans before I started to ACTUALLY liking stout. But after that I remember liking my first imperial straight away.