Using anything other than Cheese Wiz in a philly

>using anything other than Cheese Wiz in a philly

Look. This sandwich isn't healthy to begin with. Pickiness over the cheese to spite a culture, really?

Other urls found in this thread:

philly.com/philly/food/restaurants/Photo_oop_Kerry_eats_a_cheesesteak_hoagie__with_Swiss.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hoagies are exactly as authentic as cheese wiz steaks

they were invented at the same time by the same people, it's fucking sandwich toppings, how sad is your life that this is important to you?

It may be safe for me to speak for everyone and say that people aren't against your "culture", they're against any whining over anyone who prefers anything other than Cheez Wiz in their sandwich.

Hell, back when John Kerry ran for President in 2004 some people made a fuss over him ordering swiss cheese in his philly. That tells you how retarded the people who whine about it are.

philly.com/philly/food/restaurants/Photo_oop_Kerry_eats_a_cheesesteak_hoagie__with_Swiss.html

>This sandwich isn't healthy to begin with
That's not why people use provolone
They use it because it tastes better

I don't know what to say, I like to try authentic foods, but I don't think people should be afraid to upgrade and experiment with fusion, new toppings etc.

>suddenly remember Thai pizza with Long Island dressing instead of marinara sauce
Never mind leave everything as is

"""""authentic""""" is a meaningless concept.

Especially when referring to a fucking steak and cheese sandwich from Philadelphia. I think it's really sad when people linger to these specific cultures and piss on others.

It means close to its origins.
Where and when "close" lies depends on popular opinion though.

>most stereotypical Italian food is spaghetti
>tomatoes first domesticated in Mexico

There's nothing authentic about Cheese Whiz. Swiss or provolone are better and often served elsewhere for a reason.

Whiz is just kind of gross tbhfam.

philly is cesspit that should be wiped off the map

t. pittsburgh

>cheese wiz and 30/70 ground beef on a cheap bun
>authentic
Are you retarded?

Trust an American to get upset that their food isn't processed enough.

Whiz is a "cheese" food product.
It has nothing to do with cheese, it's salty and disgusting tasting.
Nigger-tier food

If I want an actually good bit of cheese on what is otherwise not a bad sandwich, then I'm going to get provelone.

i prefer provolone, goes great with a big bowl of chili w beans

>Eating a cheesesteak instead of a roast pork with bitter broccoli
Authentic doesn't mean all that much when you're talking about something less than a century old. And unnecessary quotation marks are fucking stupid.

>one Provolone with...add peppers

I make cheesesteaks at home because fuck paying $9 for scraps of shitty, stringy beef.
AND! I can add what I want without the Cheesesteak Police getting up my ass about it.

My fav cheesesteak invention so far is chili cheesesteak.
Make regular cheesesteak with onions.
Top the meat with /cheddar/ (gasp!) cheese.
Put the roll on and flip it over.
Top with a ladle of chili.
Consume.

It's really, rather nice.

Another good one is shroomsteak. It's like a regular cheesesteak, but with sliced mushrooms instead of beef.

A third that I like is something I called the Tex-Mex cheesesteak. I "salted" the thing with a Maggi cumin stock cube (yes, this was a thing, but it's no longer made and I haven't made a Tex-Mex cheesesteak since) and added red and green peppers. But not bell peppers, no sir. Poblanos. And I serve it in a burrito with shredded Oaxaca instead of on a roll. P good.

Cheddar is so salty

I had a whiz Philly at Geno's and it was delicious.

steak bomb > cheese steak

>not having a mushroom steak with swiss and fried onions
One of the best combinations out there family

Philly user here

whiz isn't actually whiz but rather a melted mixture of various cheeses and processed cheese products

I'm from phily too. Meet me at rit and we can hang out maybe get a bite to eat

>google image search
>best guess for this image: dish
>top results satellite television
What the fuck happened to google image search?

>rit
Nobody from here says 'rit,' you Johnny Come Lately "I'm a real Philadelphian and have been since last Tuesday!!" fuckwit.

I only know one place that does it that way. All the others that use whiz, use whiz. And whiz is for tourists like

Seems like you would eat cheese wiz as a child then eventually grow into provolone.

It sure fucking is. There must be literally 1000 Mexican restaurants in my city that boast of their authenticity.

Philly bros, what is your favorite steak. Chinks is mine but I still have to have Dalessandro's, Roxborough is just such a pain in the ass to get to and there's nothing else there. Philips down on Passayunk is probably a close second for me.

I prefer a philly with american cheese and bell peppers

West coast best coast

Literally the only people that get wiz on their cheesesteaks are tourists from states that don't border PA and Northeasties

Chinks doesn't exists anymore its called Joes

anyone who calls its joes even after the name change is a piece of shit, """"""""joe's"""""""" is for tourists and fishtown hipster transplants who would never go into a place called chinks and order a cheesesteak

what is the "authentic" way of eating this sandwich? i have never been to philly. i always put provolone on my sandwich if i get it at publix or something.

After they change the name they finally have a location that isn't in the middle of the nowhere and is more profitable. Fuck that racist dead guy and thankfully the new owner stopped being a dumb shit and realized that simply by changing the name he could get the massive Asian population in the city to start coming as well as actually have a chance of getting press since the cheesesteaks are way better than Pats and Genos by a massive margin without the line.

Fuck people like you that think racism is ok because things were "historically" racist

If its a good place
>Steak
Optionally chopped
>Cheese
Provolone or American. Wiz if you're a tourist or from Northeast. If its a shitty place they will line the bread with the cheese and scoop the steak off the grill and put it on the bread instead of putting the cheese on the steak while its on the grill and pressing the bread onto it.
>Grilled Onions
>Hot peppers, sweet peppers, grilled mushrooms, salt, pepper (all optional)
For me a cheesesteak is the only time I prefer my cooked meat to not be seasoned so I always opt for no S&P
>Condiment (Pick one)
Ketchup, Mayo

If its a not so great place make it a cheesesteak hoagie by adding lettuce and tomatos

chink detected

Is this a real thing people debate?

This is why the GOP is dead

How many of you guys like cheesesteaks with marinara on them

Also provolone is best cheese

i use vegan chz

>fat guy
>Dabba the Hutt
Love it

fuck you too pal
nobody here gets wiz on their steaks anyway, 90% order American 9% provalone 1% wiz

phillthy and shitsberg should both be razed and the ground they stood on salted.

t. wilkes-barre

On topic, the best is actually pork with garlic and broccoli raub. Fuck cheesesteaks.

Hey Wilkes-Barre, Kingston here.

I'm inclined to agree.

processed cheese and shit tier beef on whitebread right next to the "ree flyovers" thread. feels good