Belgian food, cuisine and recipes

Belgian here.

Find better fries than the Belgian fries.

ProTip: you can't.

This thread is dedicated to the belgian cuisine, recipes and other related stuff.

Is here any belgifag here with a good recipe for Liege waffles ?
I tried two already and it really wasnt as godly as in my memory

Yeah sure, the secret is to sprinkle the dough with powdered sugar before, it caramelize the surface of the waffle.

The dough recipe is basically the same everywhere, most of folks don't even know about the powdered sugar.

Not too sure about the food, but the beer is god-tier.

Jesusfuck those fries do look good.

Totally, if you can try the "Triple Karmeliet" as shown in the "tomatoes and grey shrimps" picture. One of my favorite beer.

The name of this snack is a "machine gun".

Baguette, meat and fries + the sauce of your choice.

what type of sauce is that!!!?

Looks like cocktail or andalouse.

Pheasant à la Brabançonne.

Yes, cocktail I think.

Grey shrimps croquettes.

it's probably andalouse.

I dunno but I want it

Theyre both great but andalouse is better imo.

if you look up andalouse it looks just like it.

Beer

wafflenigger 9000 reporting in

>fries in a cone

so I can never lay the container down

>Belgian fries
>post french fries

it's like you came unprepared or something

Even if you are wasted, we are all alcoholics and that's why we invented it.

Made by a Flemish Belgian with Belgian potatoes.

I'll be in Brussels for two days next month. What are some food missy dos there?

>missy dos
must dos

Not very familiar with Brussels but definitely pralines, vol-au-vent, carbonade flamande/stoofvlees.
And definitely stop by a friterie and get some fries.

Pretty much a non-country

Friterie La Maison Antoine, Place Jourdan, 1040 Brussels

Oh god

I remember in Belgium they had this amazing spread they used in their sandwiches / baguettes. Any idea what it could be?

>Amazing spread.

No, tell me more.

So in the US, we use mayo and butter and mustard so that it's not just bread meat and cheese, which is quite dry.

I have looked but can't figure out what on earth the sandwiches had in Belgium that made them taste so damn good. Like maybe it was a cream cheese type spread or an herb butter.

I was in 2nd grade, like 7 years old when I lived in Belgium so I wasn't old enough to remember, but I can't forget how great it tasted.

Wish a Belgian bro would help out.

Probably Boursin

>Visit Brussels
>Search for typical food
>All cookers and people serving typical belgian food are rapefugees

Ayyyy

boursin is french but we have a lot here.

I found some. Sorry Belgium.

Pourquoi le belge regard-t-il le mur?
Parce-qu'il s'effrite.

How exactly are belgian fries different from just... fries? Is it the fuckhuge sauce selection?

Cooked in beef tallow, it's god tier.

A special type of belgian potato named "bintje"

2 times cooking, once at 160° C and once at 190° C with a pause between.

Some people boil the fries in water before, it's good too.

It's the way of baking them.
We bake them twice ensuring a nice golden touch.

I also didn't understand how you could make better fries but Belgian fries are indeed god tier. So is the beer.

Frenchfag here, I love you Belgium. Would absolutely live in Brussels.

The french cuisine is god tier too, I would be happy to invite you to feast with me and a bunch of my friends and drinking beer.

I hear their arab cuisine is on fire right now.

What is Bami? It looks very similar and sounds very similar to this Jamaican food my family makes pretty well.

Bami is an oriental style snack made with noodles and some vegs.

> Some people boil the fries in water before, it's good too.

Blanching or soaking is also a way to make them a little less carcinogenic.

>Soaking, always.

Forgot to talk about.

Of all things when I eat a domesticated potato, that's the least of my concerns.
They're apart of the nightshade family, sure, but were always the least toxic and after selective breeding and our adaptation to eating them, you're a paranoid fuck if that's what you're worried about.

I admit that soaking them in water remove a lot of starch wich prevent you to end with a fried potato block.

Either Java Bami which is made with thick noodles (also popular in Suriname and the Netherlands) or Bami Goreng which is made with thin noodles (also popular in the Netherlands).

Outside chance, Kwetiau goreng. We have the unfortunate habit in the Netherlands to call nearly anything with noodles Bami. We are not a very culinary people.

i had these in Ghent, not into sweet food in the least but these were fucking incredible

Actually picked an 8 up, can't wait to try it

But, but the Dutch food is GOAT!

It's about the Acrylamide, not about the general nightshade toxicity.

We also have a cuberdon flavored alcohol, it's served flambé, it's just awesome. I can't remember how many times I get drunk with this... Incredible, especially if you don't set yourself on fire when you drink it.

Belgian fries are pretty sad.

Every country has it's typical fast food. Sandwiches in France, Tapas in Spain, even the German Bratwurst tastes better than disgusting and boring Belgian fries.

Garnalen uit de Noordzee, god tier belgian grey shrimps from the noth sea.

ty for the duvels and cuberdons and weirdo mayos

Are Belgian and Dutch fries the same?

I study in the Netherlands and the food is fucking disgusting and appalling.

The fries I've had in Amsterdam and other cities weren't even that good either.

Probably not.

OP here, currently getting drunk with a 6 pack of Delirium Tremens while cooking some goodness.

Grey shrimps stuffed tomatoes, mussels with some vegs and a garlic cream to dip the mussels + homemade fries.

No, the fries are not the same but their sweet mayo is god tier.

I occasionally smoke a bag of weed then devour millions of matjes when I visit their local markets.

Waffles!

If you want tot eat good food there you need to eat at foreigners restaurants Chinese and Indian restaurants are always swarmed by local dutchmen cause there own cuisine is that bad... Nut except that it still is one of my favoriete country and citizens

I saw a lot of people talking about Brussels sprouts, what do you think about them Veeky Forums ? How do you cook them?

>Belgium sour ales

Please stop I can only get so hard.

we fry em differently, given they probably wont look very different, but the taste and texture are

yea brussels is like that, capital of europe and all. they sadly often forgo the traditional way of cooking too, find a flemish man if you can a wallon if you must and something else wont do. unless you want escargots then get a wallon

these are GOAT well prepared, it's important not to boil them as their flavor easily dissipates, use some kind of meat or animal fat to prepare them with

The point of soaking is to remove sugar, which will reduce acrylamide levels, and improve the color and texture.

Delicious. Cheaper and better tasting than oysters.

>find a flemish man if you can a wallon.

Walloon is the south of the country and flemish is the north, two different languages, French and Dutch. Walloons speak French not walloon.

i split and roast them with garlic and some lemon zest, then grate some pecorino on them to serve.

>this will be 15€ plus tip

These are fucking expensive

If you like sweets: cuberdons

Recipe, anyone? That looks delicious.

Everyone likes sweets

no wonder their minister of health is a huge fat woman

i'd be a huge fat woman too if I ate that

>non-stick pan
>metal utensil

The potato and cut are the same and you can find plenty of places who cut their own fries fresh in the Netherlands. There's only a few places in the Netherlands left which use beef tallow though, they are more common in Belgium.

I dont even like mussels too much but that looks delicious

how likely is it for belgian fries to be fried in beef tallow?

Average ass french fries. Also they're French

Dem THICC cuts

I'm in love!

Me again.

Belgians have the best beer in the world. Sorry i just don't care for the fat french fries desu.