Is it worth buying a fryer? I eat french fries and tonkatsu pretty often

Is it worth buying a fryer? I eat french fries and tonkatsu pretty often.

Also, are air fryers a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

confessionsofaweekendcook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tonkatsu-japanese-deep-fried-pork.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fuck is an air fryer?

It's for making deep fried air. You wouldn't know, it's an american thing.

>deep fried ice cream
>deep fried coke
Now
>deep fried air
Is there anything burgerclaps won't fry?

seems interesting but also like it needs a year or two to improve.

These have been out for years. Just because you haven't heard of something doesn't make it a new invention.

Fries are good for it OP but battered things vary.
You idiots know it's a Dutch product right? They're not big in the US.

No need for a fryer. Just use a pan or pot with enough oil. Best if you can control the temperature somehow but works fine with guessing.

it's gotta be. americans deep fry stuff properly, in the lowest grade of vegetable oil in a 30 year old iron skillet. this thing looks like dildos.

Just use a fucking oven

>meme

How do air fryers differ from ovens or toasters?

air fryers can't make tonkatsu

Air fryer has a fan for 10,000 times more "convection". These are most similar to an air popper (for popcorn) or convection oven.

confessionsofaweekendcook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tonkatsu-japanese-deep-fried-pork.html

A convection oven won't force the air through a pile of fries like the air fryer does.

If you really want fries made with a minimum of fat for some reason (for instance vegetarians who don't want to fry with unsaturated fats are stuck with cocos and palm oil, costly and problematic). Then the air fryer is for you.

>A convection oven won't force the air through a pile of fries like the air fryer does.

Hence, 10,000 time more convection.

They air fryer is still not for anyone.

I had one of those t-fal actifry things. Total meme fryer. It just burnt everything.

I think you're confusing us with Scotland.

I bought an air fryer last month, fries came out like roast potatoes somehow(really good roast potatoes mind you) but makes the best chicken and ribs I ever tasted

Tldr in my experience air fryers are actually just roasters

so vegans dont eat fries either now?

>tonkatsu
You mean schnitzel?

No he means tonkatsu since they are different foods

air fryers are just ovens with more air current

A pressure cooker would be more versatile.

I knew without opening the link it was going to look anemic as hell.

weeb detected

im brazillian and my mom and I have one at home

it's very useful as it doesn't require to be cleaned very often, and cooks things without the need of making sure your food doesn't burn. I use it to make chicken nuggets which come out just as good as the ones fried on a pan, and french fries.

>use it to make chicken nuggets which come out just as good as the ones fried on a pan, and french fries

How can a chicken nugger be just as good as a French fryiu?

>apples and oranges desu

no i didnt say that