ITT: Post the dish/meal that best represents your country/region/culture

ITT: Post the dish/meal that best represents your country/region/culture.

Mine: Maryland blue crabs.

Greek-American here.

American germanic pollock spawn reporting in

I love Polish food and all the delicious meats they use.

but those crabs are red

On the off chance that this post is serious... This is what they look like raw.

Southern US

Ceviche

>fucking triggered

nice 'go 'za

Because i am Britiain, i offer you the steak pie.

Be gentile.

Hello Maryland. I too am from Maryland.

You should emphasize these crabs are covered in old bay and and STEAMED, not boiled like the fucking godless heathens further south of the mason dixon line do.

Although the crabs are better quality and cheaper here in SC than in MD, sorry. Blame the MD state govt and not letting anyone catch Rock Fish

>be gentile

No.

No, it's anyone out side of the Chesepeake Watershed doesn't know how to cook crabs. I live in NoVA and we do them steamed and old bay and the like and they're wonderful!

What's floridian cuisine? I guess gulf seafood and pic related.

NYC transplant from Bmore, came here to say this

That moussaka looks fucking delicious. Def underrated as far as Greek food goes.

Also people outside of Chesapeake can't make crab cakes

Pie > Spagetii

Suck my ass.

GOAT beer snack.

smoked eel is the most delicious treat in the world if I could I would eat it erry day

>tfw living in a shithole

I'm from Florida too, I was going to say it's probably bath salts

fried conch

That's not eel tho, it's lamprey and it's pan fried.

the deep south.

Want more meal with that cheese?

Good call, that is a pretty fucking Florida dish

Bohuslän/west coast, Sweden

oh yeah i forgot all about maryland's massive inland lake shaped like a fucking heart

Boston?

Do they not do gator in Florida like in Louisiana? I mean I know you have gators cuz of that kid that god eaten recently.

>Blame the MD state govt and not letting anyone catch Rock Fish

Fucking yes. 1 god-damn fish per person most of the season and it has to be fucking gigantic to keep. And for any of you wondering, yes the park police regularly inspect so it isn't worth losing your licence altogether to try to cheat the system.

They have gamalost in Boston?

Shrimp po'boy. Gulf of Mexico.

Forgot pic.

i feel bad for all the fuckheads who don't get to enjoy real ass västkustskaldjur

Why are you talking like a nigger?

He's swedish ghostnigger

Derp didn't notice the filename. It looks similar to this Boston brown bread made in a can.

Yeah but its just a gimmick really, so people can say they ate it. doesn't taste much different than chicken t b h.

I can't think of anything else outside of gulf seafood, key lime pie, and florida orange juice.

I think this user summed it up pretty well, it's more of a gimmick than anything. I can think of one restaurant where it was a regular staple on the menu, and god knows I never saw it in stores.

seattle

that looks good. what is it?

Holy shit you're right
....I need to go to Boston for the most epic prank

I come from south Tyrol in Italy. The typical dish is Canederli, it's a very poor dish you make from scratch. You basically put together old bread with parsley and cheese or cold cuts leftover, usually speck (smoked ham), a dash of milk to soften the bread and a couple of eggs to keep the little balls together. They're cooked in meat broth and they are my absolute comfort food. You can also make canederli with liver or spinach or even beetroots, but the speck ones are my favourite.

How do people who live in non-coastal areas not kill themselves?

That's not entirely true.

Because plenty of people leave the area and open restaraunts.

are the crayons part of the meal

>Syd Tyrol
>Not posting apples

it's seattle, the crayons are their own gender

Philly

well apples is not a dish, i wanted to post something you actually cook. But with sliced apples, raisins, pine nuts, a bit of sugar and cinnamon mixed together and wrapped in puff pastry we cook a fantastic apple strudel! With a cup of hot milk it's my top-breakfast.

Fucking delicious. Especially with those fried green tomatoes on the side.

Kohlrouladen from Hessia in Germany.
Basically cabbage with a ground pork filling braised in stock.
Best served on a cold winterday.

Grew up outside of Boston so of course it's gotta be clam chowder.

>we still haven't agreed on what to call this shit

I half assed the tomatoes. breading was kind of falling off. i didn't even care.

>Argentina
>Meat

that looks amazing.

it used to be a constitutional right to steal a cow as long as you gave the hide back

is that a meat vineyard?

how are those potatoes made

nah its just lunch

>tfw you're part polish and irish

Deep south reporting in. I'm in MS but have roots in LA.

Mississippi kool aid pickles

Oh god. That fuck is that!?

wtf. Veeky Forums knows about kool-aid pickles?

Marinucci's deli in the NE makes the best Italian hoagies. I'm surprised you didn't just post a cheesesteak though.

Fannucci's pizza is where Fry worked back in the 20th century.

lol
There's literally nothing good about Mayfair. Absolutely nothing. Not even Marinucci's.

Aus

>Berkeley, CA

Newfoundland steak

It's a meme but it looks good

>Iowa

Where ya from, OP?

Fucking Taylor ham, asshole.

Chicken fried steak. Not the freezer aisle, black pepper shit you always find north of the Red river but pic related.

recipe for the tomatoes?

What kind of cheese works best? I have some mild/soft Gorgonzola I need to use

>Galicia, Spain

I'm a little scared of the octopus but the wine and bread look delicious.

there are probably others but 2 Detroit Coney Island hot dogs with everything are the tits

scared?

Just looks extremely chewy which isn't my favorite texture.

Pork roll jackass

Atta boy.

Also, "moose-fry".

Blackpudding soup.