Al/ck/oholic Thread

New one. What are you drinking?
Anything you want to get off your chest?

Just pinot noir over here. Got out of bed 2 hours ago.

Bourbon usually. Or cheap wine. Don't touch it until 5 or so, then drink all night, wake up, have coffee, wait for 5.

one of my buddies gave me a handle of svedka as a birthday gift

will probably drink it straight or just mix it with some lemonade

Gonna head to my local haunt in a sec. Cheap beer and shot combos all night.

Broke up with my longtime girlfriend a few days ago. Immediately went and hung out with a qt that's been crushing on me for a while. I ended up feeling her up and now she isn't answering my texts. Drinking myself silly should make me feel better, right?

Been really depressed and borderline suicidal these past few weeks. A few months ago I had a thing with this chick at the bar who had a BF. She ended up leaving her BF to be with me.
Of course fast forward 2 months later and she's already losing interest in me and has found another man. Karma is a bitch I guess.
Now I get to go out to the bar tonight and feel my soul shrink when I see her walking in with the new guy. Then go home and sadly jerk off before laying in bed and try my hardest not to think about killing myself.

>drinkin muhself silly should make me feel better, right?
Yeah it will if you're an alcoholic. That's what we do. You know it's the wrong thing to do though I'm sure. It just sounds like you moved a little too fast. I would have done better with the girl(s) who were interested in my if I hadn't been drunk all the time.

Going to a concert by myself tonight, so I can't drink too much at the venue. Genuinely debating not going so I can stay home and drink.

Drink of choice is Coors light or a can from the local brewery.

It's really hard to deal with it when you feel strongly about someone, but you should probably acknowledge that alcohol is part of that problem. It's easier to dwell on things when you are always putting a depressant in your system. But seriously please don't kill yourself bro. I mean it's an anonymous korean smokesignal puppetshow board but I promise I give a shit. I've had to check myself in before, and even though it didn't quite stick for me, there really are always people you can talk to and get a little help from if you reach out.

Who's playing the show?

Elvis Depressedly and Teen Suicide.

Just get out of the house and go. You won't regret it months from now.

Just got myself some Tito's vodka to try out

>Karma is a bitch I guess.
Fuck that noise. All she had was a bf, not a husband. There's no "until death" contract.

You're being too hard on yourself.

Going to a friends cottage on Friday for the weekend +.
Haven't really drank since my birthday weekend (first weekend of the month). Which sucked. Was out at my in-laws, so I didn't let myself go too bad, though I wanted to. My sister in law got more sloshed than I did.
Looking forward to hitting the LC tomorrow to stock up. I've been itching for a drink bad.
Prolly just gonna get myself a bottle of vodka and maybe a few cans of cider.

Thanks user. I would never actually kill myself but it gets really easy to think about it when you're piss drunk.
I just need to find a hobby or something to replace drinking. Every time I'm sitting at home alone the only thing I can think about is either her or going out to the bar.

It's ok, but I still prefer Absolut
This, in a way. Still it's kind of asking for a bit of trouble when you try with a girl who already has a bf. Most of the girls I've wanted always had bfs and it was never a good idea, but I was so drunk back then I didn't give a shit.

I drink at least ten shots nightly. I don't know why, it's just something that started a few months ago and I can't stop. It's gotten to the point where I've stopped eating any more than one meal a day because I don't want to put on weight. How fucked am I?

No problem, I feel you. I'm not even trying to tell you you should never drink, but if you do try to resist getting shitfaced. It's hard for me not to go overboard sometimes too, but I know I drink less than I used to after I spent some time getting help. What really helped me was talking to people who had my same kind of problems to make me realize how horribly I had been treating people in my life when I was constantly wasted. I really was super-self absorbed when I was fucked up all the time.
So ultimately, I know it's rough but if you give it time and try not to dive to deep, there are other things you can do to get your mind off of it and eventually move on.

That's the thing though, man. It's a free exchange of desires. There's nothing wrong in leaving her bf. She could do it any time for no reason at all and be perfectly justified. Same goes for the man.

Her leaving the bf means she thinks you're a better fit for her for whatever reason. It's that simple. Obviously you shouldn't make her cheat but if she wants to break up with the bf for you then that's A-Ok.

I'm also the Tito's user. It's almost sweet and smooth like water. I like it.

You're in the shitter now. That will go up to 12 shots a night soon enough and up from there.

You're starting to fuck yourself, but it's not that bad yet. It will get worse if you keep doing this for years, especially if you up your nightly dosage. Just be careful and try to remain aware. And also, seriously eat. If you don't want to gain weight it's infinitely better to cut back on the booze, but since I'm an alc I know it's not that easy to just say it like that.

>if she wants to it's a-ok
I agree with you totally, more or less I'm just saying I never was the kind of guy that could make that happen, not that seeing someone who has a bf is intrinsically wrong.

>And also, seriously eat
That's the thing, I know everyone tells you that not eating is unhealthy but I've got to assume that keeping weight off is more healthy than putting it on? Like I know, the ideal situation is for me to stop drinking, but putting that aside, doesn't eating less just make more sense health-wise than getting fat?

Oh I understand now. I never thought I was a guy that would pick up chicks at parties during college. And then I met alcohol.

I'm saying if your going to gain weight, getting fatter from food is more healthy than getting fat from alcohol, provided you are eating in a way to get some proper nutrients. If you die hard want to drink, you can, but never don't eat and just accept the fact that you will gain some weight.

Alcohol is just carbs, man. You can't survive on carbs alone.

Alright guys thanks for the advice, I'm going to try turning things around

>try
Do, or don't. There is no "try".

dad?

i saw them when they played here in NYC. Go, Elvis Depressedly is great live. I went by myself too and still really enjoyed the show.

Posting in a guaranteed 300 reply thread

Evan Williams and a cigar for me tonight, the usual

Welp, time to hit the bottle.

>Quit drinking after an incident in January where I intentionally stabbed myself while drunk, almost bled out, and had to spend a week in the mental hospital
>Cravings mostly went away by March
>Today I started getting the worst alcohol cravings of my life

How do I deal with these cravings? I'm going nuts over here.

Damn, high rolling on that cigar for drinking williams.
Same thing we do every night Pinky.

Maybe try to stay around people if you can. When I had to check in I found out that I was having so many of my horrible habits and thoughts because I couldn't talk to anyone. It's really serious, but just don't try to drink so much and keep trying to talk to someone if at all possible.

Fuck I wish I had a nice cigar

I used to smoke RyJs when I still was big into cigars

>What are you drinking?
drinking cheapo pinot grigio

>Anything you want to get off your chest?
I really don't want to be alive

Only sith deal in absolutes.
:^)

anyone know where i can get pad tadeusz vodka in the USA?

will literally drive within a 30 mile radius around NYC to get some

Op here, I know I want to die ultimately, I really do. But I hope something can happen for you that makes you believe something can happen, if you get me, starting to get drunk over here.
What the fuck? Why go out of your way for vodka?

because vodka is the best alcohol
and the best vodka is the best thing you can put in your body

Onto my second 40oz of steel reserve just like every other night

Had to get sober. Working on staying that way. I fucked up a good thing. Sure as shit learned my lesson, though.

I have o work tomorrow morning
I miss my girlfriend
I know my parents hate me,I want a family but cant afford to raise kids.
I thought life would be kind, it is not

I mean, yeah, in a way you're right.

Hopefully.

How long have you been with your gf?

6 years
She drinks a lot too,but I'm far worse when she's away
She's a teacher

those are some real feel there buddy straight from the soul stay strong

Why haven't you got married?

And don't give me bullshit like
>marriage
Why is it something you two haven't done or considered or whatever?

Thanks for the advice satan
I want to marry her, I couldnt afford a wedding, let alone a stable marriage
>tfw alcoholic hourly wage barman

Crabbie's Ginger Beer is my new favorite alcohol.

Have you talked with her about it?

I'm sure you two gross something between $60-80k a year, which isn't amazing, but it's enough for a young couple.

Why do you think a wedding needs to cost a lot? Would you trade two months of drinking for a nice wedding?

It's going to be a daily struggle for a while. Last day of pain pills, too. Fucking done. There's an AA meeting at the Presbyterian church 15 minutes from my house that has my name on it tomorrow.

Thank you. Seriously.

about £45k (like $55k i think) a year
Of course I'd trade two months drinking if I could, I've been trying to have a single sober night for two months, no hope. Either way I don'trekon2 months drinking would make a dent on debt or the price of a wedding.

You still haven't answered whether the two of you have talked about it.

Why shouldn't you both curtail your drinking and put the money towards something?

My man, I love drinking just as much, if not more than the next guy, but you need to get your priorities straight and not give up on the important things. How would you feel if she left you for being a drunk?

We've talked around it
I've flat out told her I think we drink too much, but Friday night rolls around and we can't help ourselves. It's just easier to be out of it than sober. We've both made so many compromises I forget what we even wanted from life.

You said you wanted kids, don't you?

having kids without a plan to support them is what the worst of hummanity do. They wouldn't deserve this life, I need decent income first

The point being, that you know what you want from life and that you should be working towards that goal.

Nobody said to go knock your girlfriend up tomorrow.

>Nobody said to go knock your girlfriend up tomorrow.
I am. Post pics

>got drunk with BF mom
>fucked her -10/10
>she died 3 months later
>never talk to friend again

Another...
>drunk
>walk home from bar (6blocks)
>piss on cop car (1/2 block from home base)
>arrested for drunk in public

Another....

>same bar
>walk home
>fall in small pond behind a house (alley ran out)
>got naked (discarded wet clothes)
>knocked on door of house
>wearing white boxers from last jail time
> get let in
> luckily guy knows me
>drives me home
>scavenger hunt next day to find clothes

vodka and heineken

i was addicted to heroin at the age of 21 and now i see the world as meaningless. My family tries to constantly push me down the trodden path of working a 9-5/paying rent, living the meme life. I cant explain to them that i would rather die.

I've got a gf of a few years who wants to have a family and yet i cant imagine bringing another person to suffer in this overpopulated chaotic world.

got a few of the things off my chest.

Just hit 4 months sober. My drinking was completely out of control but I still get occasional urges to drink. I realized that I cannot drink moderately or even get drunk once without unleashing the beast. Any of you guys to that point yet?

ive never had problems with alchohol, but spent about 30k on opiates over 3 months. I would knock myself out everytime and wake up a few hours later in some kind of face plant. the shit haunts my dreams to this day after being 2 years sober.

I keep alienating people and burning bridges horribly. I hate myself but everyone frustrates me horribly. I drink currently to ease the pain of the migraines that last a week behind my right eye. I can do nothing but fuck things up. I hate myself.

Op here back again, still drinking wine.
I think about not wanting to reproduce even if I could all the time, so I get what you're talking about. For me it's like how could I conceivable pass on these genes in good conscience when I'm a life long depressive, now really alcoholic, dude who's never had a relationship with a girl in his life. I had a friend who's a girl once and I ruined that by being a raging drunk and trying to advance on her for years. I mean, seriously I'm pretty much past thinking of finding someone. It's possible, but I just can't see a woman accepting me.

Beer, scotch and white rum with lemonade.

I am unempleyed for about 11 months, living with my father, having heavy depressions, went to rehab 2 times. i enjoy my life, but that can change in 5 seconds and i just don't want to live anymore.

right now everything is fine, but it comes back to me often.

You don't have to keep hating yourself if you can somehow find a way to get sober for a time where all this shit can get out of your system and stop affecting your brain and nerves. I have no doubt that your problems are real, but you have to be accepting of the fact that prolonged and heavy alcohol use will make them worse. Keep hanging on if you can.

I just got off of a drinking hiatus. Two seconds ago sipped the first alcohol I've had in 78 days. Icehouse Edge) Not bad, though I was hoping to make it past 120, an old record.

Hopefully I don't let it get as out of control this time. And hopefully I don't lose all that I've gained these past two and a half months: Lost 15 pounds, improved relationship with family, become socially active, paid down credit card debt, and gone back on antidepressants to feel happier than I have in years. Hopefully I can keep it to two weekends a month this time. Wish me luck!

Yep. Can remember most of what I did. I become violent and angry. I'm ashamed of the shit I've said and done. Still new to the sobriety thing.

Congrats on your 4 months.

Congrats on your two years.

this is probably the most negative thing to say, but sometimes i feel like this is just an excuse. I agree that depressants can be depressing but alot of us dose ourselves because we see the world as depressing in the first place.

I really hope you can keep it down, but we're really all rolling the dice when we stop and come back. Good luck.

Well, I have this cousin, see. He may be the most important person in the world to me, I love him like a brother (I'm an only child). Like two years ago, he got involved with this horrible cunt who gave him HPV and herpes. She was a rebound girl that he got with for comfort after losing who he considered the love of his life. We had a lot of heated arguments and a falling out over this caustic, destructive, abusive cunt, but he won't let her go.

Even now, they're broken up (supposedly), and he still won't cut her out of his life. I keep trying to fucking "win" and get him to ghost her, but he just keeps her around. I know how ridiculous I'm acting, but she makes me so fucking angry that I'd rather burn my bridge to him than allow her to be anywhere near. If he wants her, he can kiss my ass.

I'm convinced he's been trying to buy me. We've been talking again lately, and having tons of fun. Like I said, I love him. But he's been overly-loose with his cash to the point of suspicion, going as far as spending $1000 to get me something he knows I've wanted for years (a sword from Albion Swords, great company, makes historically accurate pieces). I won't be fucking cowed into accepting her in any capacity. He can toss her out or toss me out. I fucking hate her.

Saporo
Fancy beer for me

I want to walk in front of a bus, my girl has break downs like once ever 2 weeks. I love her too much to leave, but she doesn't want help (she needs professional help).
But knowing my luck, the bus would hit me and I'd live, which would be the same shitty life as now only worse.

I agree with you, I see the world as depressing in the first place. I do still drink because it's still unshakably inside my blood and my brain, and whatever else. But there's a lot to be found in just being open to the possibility of change and the recognition that alcohol has caused problems in your life, if it truly has. It did for me.

I had some frenet at work earlier. Delicious toothpaste dirt. Having a flight of beer with my dad now. :^)

I've been looking for a new whiskey since Southern Comfort was starting to taste pretty bad. Friend got me hooked on Jim Bean now. Cheers.

I don't know what to say to this because I lack experience with female relationships. I can tell you for sure though if you want to talk to him or someone else about this or something, don't do it while drunk.

>southern comfort
Jesus.

Hah! I did the same thing a while back. But the one meal a day rule was more because if I ate anything past noon, it would be too hard to get drunk when I got home from work. So I ate a massive calorie load. Wake up groggy-->Drink gallon of coffee-->Pig out at lunch-->Starve myself until evening-->Get hammered-->Black out-->Sleep twelve hours.

Living the dream, right?

Too late, already destroyed our relationship with an angry, drunk message. She wins. The harpy can fucking have him. Fuck him for coming back into my life at all. I wandered back after receiving a court summons for harpy's assault trial (she's abusive, as I said). Daddy's lawyers got her out of having to stand trial, I was going to be a witness and DRAG HER THROUGH THE GODDAMNED MUD, MARK MY WORDS SHE WOULD BE BEHIND BARS. But her father makes a lot of money so I didn't even get the chance to help bring her to justice for my bro. So she just got probation.

This is the world now. Always has been, probably. I don't even get to take the witness stand. Enough money buys a Jew to grease the wheels and make sure that the bad guys win. I'm not even a good guy myself, but she's sure as shit not good.

If this is what life is going to be like, I'm not looking forward to it. I can't even have the people I grew up with, I don't want anybody else in my life. I'm so fucking angry, my eye fucking HURTS (way less though, thanks alcohol), and my little twink faggot cousin is probably going to get back together with the harpy. Wonderful.

Thanks for listening, Veeky Forums.

Seeing a psychiatrist may not be so bad as a lot of people think. It really made a difference in my life, if a slight one. There's no such thing as a first time cure, but if she's really distressed and you care about her, I think you should talk about things in the daytime and of course sober. I promise it can really help to try to find some help and people aren't always just trying to jew you out of money. If do try to jew you, you can usually identify it really quickly and leave for another option.

Appreciate the kind words. Believe, I know I'm rolling the dice. I've already left various notes for myself to plan a system tomorrow morning, and countless exclamation points so that I don't fail to see that this time I mean business!

So what's the deal with jealousy and alcohol?
I start making up really good storys in my head, how my girlfriend could betray me. It gets really obsessive, too.

I'm sorry to hear about how horrible this is. If you have to stay in bed all day long do it, but try not to get drunk over this if you can because I suspect it will compound your negative feelings just like it has done to mine. If he's not willing to listen to you, he's just not as sad as it is. You can't expect to be able to change people. I've made that same mistake before. I think it's probably better to focus on yourself and what you can do for you to change your focus, even if it's really hard.

Bro, Sapporo is not fancy beer.

Classic.

Yeah not really. Also I forgot to recommend Asahi to that guy, it's my favorite jap beer even though it's pretty common.

In my opinion I would once again put forth the broad statement that the drug is a depressant and that might have something to do with it.

Eat something! Pig out. Eat so much of whatever you want that you couldn't possibly get drunk even if you started drinking.

Drinking captain + diet coke

I don't know why I'm so drawn to drinking. Maybe it's just the loneliness that kills me. I wish I had friends that I could trust and relate to, but they all seem so distant and far away. I'm always left out of things.

Sometimes I think I just need a gf, and my loneliness can't be cured by friends. But there are just better men out there than me. Men with money, their own house, a nice car, bigger muscles, bigger paychecks. It's like I don't stand a chance.

Why can't I just be happy by myself, all alone? Why am I not satisfied with a beer while watching TV? Isn't that the definition of a good time?

who here /depressed/

Cigars international has some good prices, been buying from them for two yrs

Congrats on 4 months! You're a better man than me.

Eight years of obongo and the prospect of some cunt being president would turn any healthy white male into an alcohol

I'm gonna give up drinking for at least six months when the god Emperor becomes president

i honestly think this has a lot to do with it and seeing a trump presidency would empower me as well.