Urbit wants Chainlink

I found some information LINK holders may be interested in. I think that someone behind Urbit wants this "partnership" with Sergey, pic related.

I tried to find out a bit more about what Urbit is and if this would be significant, but to be honest it sounds kinda faggy or just way too technical for a retard like me to understand. They run on Ethereum and are a "virtual city of general-purpose personal servers." What did catch my attention was this video, though
youtu.be/g1qroWiZF90
Listen from 6:48
He's talking about being in control of your own API based off data you generate. Sounds exactly like what a ChainLink node operator would be interested in. So you see it does make sense that urbit users could benefit from CL nodes.

The guy who created Urbit is Curtis Yarvin,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Yarvin and it took him like 11 years to make Urbit, according to that video he quit his job in 2002 and finished Urbit in 2013. He's also been branded a racist according to Wikipedia.

Can someone smarter than me figure out if we should be excited by this or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicenter.tv/episode/205
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8578151
github.com/todlur?tab=overview&from=2017-11-08
scholar.google.com/citations?user=r_dEy8wAAAAJ&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=g1qroWiZF90
urbit.org/blog/2017.9-critique/
urbit.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He’s also been branded a racist according to Wikipedia
/ourguy/ thanks just bought 100k Urbit dollars

>Yarvin watched the results of the 2016 presidential election at the home of Peter Thiel

incredibly interesting. Thank you OP

> Politico magazine reported that Steve Bannon, who served as White House Chief Strategist under U.S. President Donald Trump, read Yarvin's blog and that Yarvin "has reportedly opened up a line to the White House, communicating with Bannon and his aides through an intermediary..."

A Trump advisor likes Chainlink. damn.

>Can someone smarter than me figure out if we should be excited by this or not?
Yes, you should be excited.
Yarvin (more commonly known as Mencius Moldbug) is a really smart dude, and urbit is an interesting idea though his politics are mostly autistic larping. He's also got friends in high places, Peter Thiel for one.

>In 2015, his invitation to speak about Urbit at the Strange Loop programming conference was rescinded following complaints made by other attendees.[19][17] In 2016, his invitation to the LambdaConf functional programming conference resulted in the withdrawal of five speakers, two subconferences and several sponsors.[6][20]
>CL partners with Urbit
>Chainlink is racist
This is how it will go down

Oh shit is it meme magic between /pol/ and Veeky Forums?

>He's also been branded a racist according to Wikipedia.
>"Yarvin's opinions have been described as racist, with his writings interpreted as supportive of slavery"
Make ChainLink Great Again

epicenter.tv/episode/205

>Urbit – A Digital Republic Reinventing the Internet

>Galen Wolfe-Pauly, CEO of Tlon, the company behind Urbit, joined us to discuss one of the most radical and curious projects to come on the podcast. In development for 15 years already, Urbit aims to unravel the cloud computing paradigm that led to the creation of internet monopolies like Google and Facebook. Instead, in Urbit, each person has a personal server, a kind of digital sovereign entity, where applications are run, which leaves control and data in the hands of users.

when the fuck did wikipedia become a legitimate source?
>Yarvin's opinions have been described as racist, with his writings interpreted as supportive of slavery
what opinions? who is describing them? interpreted as supportive?! interpretive dance? this is absolute garbage. this is just jew tier subversion to paint chainlink as "alt right".

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8578151

>Urbit is a weird thing that feels like it comes from a parallel universe of computing. It's a bit hard to wrap your head around it at first, but it has some neat ideas.

>I like this article which introduces it:

>Urbit is perhaps how you'd do computing in a post-singularity world, where computational speed and bandwidth are infinite, and what's valuable is security, trust, creativity, and collaboration. It's essentially a combination of a programming language, OS, virtual machine, social network, and digital identity platform.

This gives bitcoin tier innovation vibes.

Seems more like user layed down some breadcrumbs for someone from Veeky Forums to find and make that connection

If this is true I am unironically buying a ton of Link. Mencius Moldbug is the autistic digital monarchist we deserve.

What website was this screenshot taken from?

hold up guys. this todlur is a nobody. he likely has nothing to do with the urbit project. y'all need to learn how github works.

This
Also why would the guy write in the gitter? He could've just pmd or write an email

yarvin was/is a major thought leader for the neo-reactionary movement, so, yeah, as far as normies are concerned he's a racist

he's also an autistic, larping self-hating jew. he's definietly weird, but also pretty clever.

if yarvin likes the look of CL, that's only good news in my book

github.com/todlur?tab=overview&from=2017-11-08

He did a pull request to the urbit docs repo, or am I retarded?

Yea it looks like all he did was fork the urbit repository? There's no reason to think he's actually associated with Urbit as far as I can tell?I agree, someone larping seems entirely plausible.

yep, and that's the ONLY thing he's ever done. anyone can make a pull request on any public project...that's the whole point of github. thinking this random joe has anything to do with urbit in an official capacity is pure brainletism.

Chainlink's Gitter

Todlur is followed by this guy

scholar.google.com/citations?user=r_dEy8wAAAAJ&hl=en
He seems real. Idk, not extremely convincing but that helps his case a little bit.

Yeah, the only connection is todlur/urbit on Github, but the fact that Urbit sounds like the kind of project that could use or benefit from ChainLink is what make me think the connection is real.

Matthew Levan likes TLON on linkedin, the company behind Urbit. So unless he's following random people who fork repositories perhaps Todlur is real.

Black Swan singularity if true.

>Curtis Yarvin
This guy is a genius, honestly. If you haven't "A gentle introduction to Unqualified Reservations" yet, you're in for a big treat.

As for Urbit, who knows... and LINK is shit regardless.

Nice find. Pretty convincing.

How blacklisted is Urbit? It seems like it's gotten some positive press and cursorily searching I don't see anything negative about the Pauly guy. Peter Thiel holds some unpopular opinions but he seems to get by okay.

>the area we're most interested in is API aggregation.
starts at 6:48
youtube.com/watch?v=g1qroWiZF90

>Mencius Moldbug wants to work with ChainLink

THIS TIMELINE IS INSANE

Doesn't seem like he follows alot of people
He also works on urbit in his gitter
Hm idk what to think about that

Pretty weaksauce, it looks like.

Who do we think todlur is? Yarvin?

The person who reaches out for partnerships is either gonna be the CEO of TLON (Galen Wolfe-Pauly), or Yarvin

Urbit went with Ethereum urbit.org/blog/2017.9-critique/ as of september last year. This all seems quite plausible. Idk I'm too much of a brainlet to understand what they'd actually do with chainlink, but I may be able to figure it out when I look into it more. Could anyone else fill us in?

Almost forgot this.

Just what we need, another "alt-right" smear campaign, this time associated with link.

I know this guy, he's prominent in the dark enlightenment circles. Anti-egalitarian, natural order, the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they may type guy.

I personally don't care, I actually agree with most of it because democracy is nothing more than an ad populum fallacy and modern liberalism might as well not be called liberalism at this point.

My point here is, there is plenty of material to attack link by association with all your green frogs and "alt-right" banter and now this 'intellectual' figure comes on board. Kek forbid link moons and gets dragged down on social media due to any of this.

This page was last edited on 26 February 2018, at 20:36.

so? irrelevant.

>not the exact conditions that led up to this

Fuck off concern troll.

yea yarvin is too out there for this to necessarily be good. But urbit itself seems to get fairly positive press, even if it looks like its still early in the game for it.

That said, I think it won't be long before the green frogs and Veeky Forums posters are far outweighed by normies who are finally attracted by the slew of companies it's revealed are using the chainlink network. We'll just be a drop in the ocean. It feels like almost everything had those associations through 2016 early 2017 but as they got more popular all that got watered down.

Just like ETH was dragged down...

Isn't Sergey a proper leftie though?

Glorious Sergiey donated to refugee smart-cities foundation to give himself plausible denialability

He's more of a Zizek leftie

early bitcoin adapters were degenerates. early chainlink adapters are too. not a big deal.

is there any way to buy into urbit? No ico as of yet? When?

just an observation.

How long until Google absorbs the federal government and puts us all on a watchlist?

They had only 2 sales until now, both ending pretty quickly.
I did not get the chance to be in on the first, but I got a few stars on the second one.
Join their mailing list.

So urbit tries to do the same as skynet?

What can one buy in a urbit ico?
doubt that it's some regular token.

Do you have a link to their mailing list? I emailed their support a while back inquiring about the next star sale.

You buy address space on the Urbit network. "planets". I think they suspended sales until further guidance from the SEC

urbit.org/
Add your email there. I did that and got a message about the sale.
They are pretty rare, as these guys seem to sell just enough to keep them going.
I have one warning though. This is a VERY long term hold, and it will not provide the returns you would get on some of the shittiest of scamcoins in 1/10th of the time. This is basically /pol/ internet. And don't try and make a comparison to sky. Synth basically stole the idea from Mencius.

>tfw I bought an urbit star years ago for $120 and forgot all about it

I'm gonna sell an urbit planet/chainlink set for $1,000 each in 2020

Thanks

pretty much. in the past he has talked about smart contracts in terms of helping developing countries. the man is not anti-nigger fo sho