My boyfriend and I are going to a potluck-style thing on Saturday. We've been asked to bring something...

My boyfriend and I are going to a potluck-style thing on Saturday. We've been asked to bring something. So far I know there will be sloppy joes and macaroni and cheese. I'm not sure if I want to add another (less starchy) side or if I should bring dessert. Which should I do and what should I make?

>I'm a girl please give me attention

BRING MEAT
BRING MEAT
MEAT.

I promise, if I wanted attention that badly I wouldn't get it from a board about cooking. Good try though.

>my boyfriend
>my partner
post tits

And yet you felt it was absolutely necessary to mention that you were female.

>assuming its a woman and not one of the gays
:^)

OP never actually mentioned whether they were a boy or a girl

Have you considered boiled dandelion greens and sesame oil?

So like, short ribs? It's like a 35-minute drive from where we are so I'd need something that would last.

Heterosexual relationships are more common than the homosexual variety. Either way it contributed nothing to the thread except grab attention. Fuck off.

Irish stew

I love sesame oil but never had dandelion greens. What are they like?

i fucking approve of op pic.

bring the mead.

If it was a guy posting about going somewhere his girlfriend there wouldn't be an issue though amirite

It's a pagan blot so there will be mead without a doubt.

there'd be no problem if you had simply said:
>I'm going to a potluck-style....wat bring?

your gender, relationship status, and identity is irrelevant.

post tits.

We haven't been together long so I'm excited about our relationship, if we're both doing something together I tend to mention him as well without really thinking about it. Sorry if that triggers your lonely ass. If you don't have a suggestion related to food you're dismissed

Do you do anal with him?

The leaves from a dandelion, you can collect them from your local park. They are bitter raw, but tasty once boiled and high in vit amin C.

Make pancakes.
With blueberries.

speaking as someone who lived in iceland and now lives in sweden, you should bring some viking food then. google "þorrablót" or look up some traditional nordic foods - mac & cheese isn't even considered food here. btw they didn't have potatoes back then either.

rye, rhubarb, onions, fish, dairy products (sour milk?), hazelnuts, walnuts, cherries, blueberries, lingon (cranberries), those are good if you want to fit the mood. they also ate black rats, you could do that instrucables for meat on a stick that looks like rats.

you could do pork with a blueberry marinade, or flatbread (=wide pancakes) made with kefir and a rye/oat flour mix or something. maybe there's some cool recipes that use oat porridge.

>Heterosexual relationships are more common than the homosexual variety
where do you think you are?

OH. if you want to be awesome you can make something flavoured from juniper berries (it's the season for them now) or tree sap. it'll taste like the forest. you can also make tea from spruce needles and stuff, though swedes just eat spruce buds directly.

When girls really try to convey their gender in posts and utilize it to influence the nature of discussion it's fucking lame, but OP didn't really do that. You're just being r9k-tier.

Also this is a cooking board, isn't it optimal to have women post here? What a faggot you are.

OP bring that weird marshmallow fruit salad crap

Sorry you got all these comments. Just ignore the /b/ trolls, don't feed them. It's just part of Veeky Forums.

Here's a screenshot (because im a pleb too lazy to crop) of a recipe that worked for me. You might have to have a large pan. Since you have until Sunday, practice it once (or twice) to make sure it looks and tastes good.

Are you from Wisconsin or a germanish culture? Potlucks are really common where I live.

>optimal to have women post here
What the fuck does that mean?

>when it comes to cooking, women know best!
>it's optimal to have women post here!!

>It's just part of Veeky Forums
Damn right it is. Anonyminity is a core aspect of Veeky Forums.

>my boyfriend and I

Tits or get the fuck out you disgusting, worthless whore.

If you`re a male then just kill yourself you fucking faggot.

in real life, yes. On Veeky Forums, no.

It's so adorable you're out of the closet and I wish the best to you and your boyfriend. I'm glad the laws are finally changing and you can openly marry and be in the armed forces and all that and not have to worry about rainbow flags making your teeth get busted in. I would suggest something to offset the carbs of the sloppy joe buns and mac n cheese. That sounds pretty fattening. Have you thought about maybe just some kind of salad with a light protein snack or anything?

A salad with water melon, feta cheese, and raw red onion is great. Ground black pepper and salt as well.

Homemade cookies with a surprise!

>Anonyminity is a core aspect of Veeky Forums.
Nope.

My wife's boyfriend suggested that you make some sort of citrus slaw.

cole slaw, greens or a big fancy salad... or dessert.

So post a timestamped photo of your driver's licence and use a tripcode then.

Christ, Veeky Forums. What is wrong with you?

You sound like a real cunt.

Post tits

>driver's licence
you're overestimating Veeky Forums

She isn't going to fuck you you know. Defending m'ladies honor on a Chinese cartoon forum is just pathetic.

Fuck off you newcunt cancer.

You dropped your fedora.

Well look at that, you dropped your fedora again.

You r*ddit tourists are a cancer.

refer to

1.this isn't /b
2. She didn't explicit her gender, you made an assumption and rolled with it

Quit being an autist and fuck off back to your containment board.

lol I'm a grill too but not like the others

what's the best way to cook a burger?

see I told you I'm not like other grills!

>boyfriend
did you know that being homosexual is a sin?

>My boyfriend and I

what does this have to do with anything?

Women can't cook for shit retard, they are lazy and can't even follow simple instructions.

OP post your asshole.

The mods need to ban you shitposters.

Quit being a mangina faggot and fuck off back to your containment website.

whiny fucking white knight beta orbiting faggot

end yourself

>My wife's boyfriend
You almost got me there.
This sounds great for a summer day. I suggest that. Or grilled fruit kabobs with peaches and watermelon. I fucking love grilled peaches

You didn't see the other thread about gender roles in the kitchen and relationships? Pretty much everyone revealed their gender because it was relevant to the discussion but not once did anybody even hint at 'tits or gtfo'. But OP announced her gender which has no relevance to the question.

I think you should lurk moar before telling anybody to fuck off. Newslut.

>this isn't /b/
It's not Facebook either.

chauvinism

irrelevance and entitlement

All three make the world go around and around