What does Veeky Forums think of Hamburger Helper?

What does Veeky Forums think of Hamburger Helper?
youtube.com/watch?v=0wlZd9YSuDg

You cook it, yet you can't alter the recipe.

a godsend for broke bitches everywhere.

you can do stuff like heavy cream instead of milk

I haven't had it in years, but it is tasty.

This is some kind of staple in my kitchen. Someone in my house cooks some form of it or other at least once every two weeks.

That being said, it's pretty decent food, but some kinds are better than others.

we have different kinds at least twice a week. And we've always had tuna helper on friday for at least like 10 years. Some of it's really good.

Had some texmex or some such kind once where you sprinked these nacho things over the top, shit was cash g.

As a brit it sounds weird.

I thought it was something you made burgers out of but it looks like something you add to mince?

In america they refer to mince as 'hamburger' even when it's not moulded into a hamburger patty
it's the epitome of their laziness and lack of education

You add ground beef or tuna after cooking the provided pasta noodles and mixing in the flavor packet (a blend of salt, sugar, corn starch, and other bullshit) according to the instructions.

No you do not add it after!!!

you brown the meat, add water and milk pasta and seasoning packet bring to a boil then simmer on low as directed. Let stand 5 minutes,. Sauce will thicken.

This stuff WAS good, then they changed the recipe.
Now the pasta taste and texture is off.

As a kid I ate hamburger helper a lot. Now I sometimes make similar meals but from scratch as kind of a throwback meal.

had alot of it growing up in a big family with one working parent, always liked stroganoff. Haven't touched it in years way too much salt rather make something a bit more home made

Some of it's bretty gud. I always use ground sirloin.

I don't really understand what it is
Is it just a box with herbs to flavour meer minced met?

This new cellphones autocorrect fucks me over everytime * herbs to mix with minced meat

It's a box of powdered chemical shit and processed pasta that's meant to go along with minced meat

Is there such a thing as pasta that hasn't been processed? Do people think you can pick pasta from a tree or vine?

Sounds awfull I keep reading it helps poor people but wouldn't it be cheaper to at your own herbs an breadcrumbs and what not?

welcome to america

You know exactly what I mean. There is a huge difference between fresh pasta and pasta that was cooked months ago full of preservatives so that it could sit in a supermarket for a year

Yes you can indeed make pasta with ONLY wheat, and you can even forego adding synthetic chemicals masquerading as vitamins to it.

I tried adding sautéed onions and peppers to beef pasta and it fucking sucked. They're pretty good in cheeseburger macaroni though.

That vid made me dry heave

THIS IS A BLUE BOARD STOP POSTING FUCKING GORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What level of autism is this?

One of the most common uses of ground beef in murica is for hamburgers so it's commonly called hamburger meat even when it's used for shit like hamburger helper.

it's an advanced stage of autism that somehow sidesteps CWC-tier lack of self-awareness for overly obsessive and pedantic habits and measurements

>Yes you can indeed make pasta with ONLY wheat
Yeah, by processing the wheat.

Durum Wheat, fucktard.

>people confused about hamburger helper

it's the same thing as ramen noodles....you get noodles and a pack of sauce mix

the difference being you're expected to cook meat for it and it's about five points less shitty because it's not meme noodles

How much do you pay for a box?

I had a feeling you meant murican additives for some reason, sorry.

Unenriched durum is literally the best cooking, best tasting pasta for any purpose, but it's rarer than leprechauns in the US.

About $2.30 before tax but good luck finding more than 3 varieties in one store, and keep dreaming if you want the taco version.