I just made a fried egg, Veeky Forums what do you think...

I just made a fried egg, Veeky Forums what do you think? (It's literally the first food I've made myself so pls no bully)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aRkceYdlkTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What I want to know is why the fucking fuck can you not just cut and egg with your fork and pull it away and eat it? It's ALWAYS still connected by some fucking strand and it's starting to make me crazy!

Needs more ejaculate and less green

You are over cooking your eggs and it makes the brown stringy parts that keep it connected like you say. An egg cooked properly does not do that. Just burned ones.

The green thing is some hot sauce I found in my fridge, it's been there for years and has no label so idk what is it but I put it on the white part of the egg so it doesn't taste bland. (I usually dip bread on the yellow/chicken part whatever and leave the other part there) It did not taste good, wouldn't recommend doing that.

>idk what is it but I put it on the white part of the egg so it doesn't taste bland
Generally you can use a bit of salt and pepper to accomplish this without having to resort to some ancient unidentified bottle of shit-drippings.

but i dont like runny egg

You can make it not runny and also not burned. You don't need to fry it on the highest heat setting, you know.

Then do it over hard.

cook it for longer at a lower temperature

congratulations you made your first ever food and you didn't kill yourself
i'm going to assume that green shit is some sort of hot sauce
try not to break the yolk next time

Thanks a lot user! What is something easy enough for a beginner that I could do for dinner tonight?

Do you have cheese, butter, and bread?

Is steaming grilled cheese a thing? Like, putting some water in a really hot wok and steaming the ingredients? Is it possible?

Yes, yes and yes.

We had this thread already, it will not work. You will just get soggy bread because that's not how cooking works. You need to remove moisture to fry/cook something in a pan.

Make a grilled cheese sandwich. Use medium-high heat and try not to burn it. If you think it's cooking too fast then just turn the heat down. If you end up burning something, don't be sad. Just cut the burnt part out and eat the rest, it's just food and you can try again.

Do you want instructions or do you think you can handle it?

>will not work

What about this video? The grilled cheese parts not the cheese pancake parts. It looks like steaming is working.

youtube.com/watch?v=aRkceYdlkTo

Do you not see the huge chunks of butter he's using for each sandwich an a tiny amount of water? It is more dependent on the type of bread you use and how thick/tough it is.

I forgot to finish the post, but all he's doing is using the steam as heat to melt the cheese and heat the bread all the way through.

Oh, I see. So, butter to toast the bread and the tiny bit of water for the cheese?

That's what this guy is doing, but if you are OP then please do not take that as advice. That only works if you fully toast both sides of the bread while also using thick, dense bread.

If your bread is soft and thin, just lightly butter the bread, put the butter side down in the pan, put your cheese on the side facing up, then put the other slice of bread on top of the cheese, with the butter facing up. When one side is done cooking, flip it over and cook the other side. Your cheese should be fine, as the heat would transfer quickly through the bread.

Thanks, I'm using thin bread so I'll just take your advice. Recommend any cheeses?

Pretty much any cheese that melts would work. I personally like pepperjack and buy blocks of that.

I'm talking about the white soft part.

Thanks user.

take a picture next time

Remember to post results after you've finished, this thread will likely still be around. I know you're most likely a no-life loser like me and probably have all the time in the world to do this kind of stuff.

No can do user. Laptop is an early 2000s compaq POS and my phone might as well not have a camera for how shitty it is

OP here, if you could give more instructions that'd be great. If this thread is still up I'll post the results

see

I didn't read that before I did it but I still did pretty much the same. This is the result, came out pretty tasty :D

I'm going to be honest with you, I have no idea what I am looking at or how it happened.

It looks kinda funky because I only had 2 slices of bread that were in my fridge for weeks so they kind of broke, I also fucked up while flipping the bread but I managed to put them together and that's what came out. At least I didn't burn anything :D

your low cooking skill is not the only problem here

do you have your own income and live by yourself or at least pay for your own food/rent?

>:D

self immolate

Until recently I was a NEET but now I live alone, and living on fast food is too expensive so I'm trying to learn to cook myself.

You have a very long road ahead of you.

That's OK. I want to be a chef someday. Or work as a chef. I've always wanted to cook but my mum never teached me how to do it because she said that cooking is for girls.

How does it taste? Unless you're cooking for other people that's most important

that is never going to happen.

It tasted pretty good. Unlike my fried egg which wasn't that good this grilled sandwich was really good.
Why not? :(

Break eggs on a flat surface.

>cooking
>for girls.

Men are the best cooks.

BTW user if this is a serious thread and not a troll I'd like to see how you progress. I started cooking for myself a couple weeks ago so this is quite interesting to me.

My first dish was a souffle I posted on here.

because you're an adult who lives on his own that cannot fry an egg

I'd probably post here a lot, like I said I always was interested in cooking but never was able to learn. I'm wondering what I can do for breakfast tomorrow (I'm gonna go pick up some ingredients later because I don't have much at my house)
How is that my fault if I never got taught how? My mom absolutely wanted me out of the kitchen. I'm surprised I was able to turn on the kitchen without burning myself lol

>what do you think?
I think this thread is absolutely pointless. So... you cracked an egg onto a hot pan. Wow. Then you stabbed the shitty yolk. Ok. And your pic is the result. Eggs aren't great, they're pretty fucking bland and outside of a protein perspective, they're nearly pointless. Eggs are shit, actually. Fucking hell. CONGRATS, you put some chicken shit into a hot metal thing and it GOT COOKSED. Fuck off.

Get a deep fryer at Wal-Mart for about $30.
Restaurant level chicken tenders and fries are right around the corner

lmao at your inferior tastebuds

Don't be afraid to fuck up big time.

>they're nearly pointless
what about all their applications in baking and bindings?

This thread made me smile desu :3
Fuck off edgelord

You don't like eggs? I've always liked eggs a lot.
Alright user I will.
Thanks a lot! I'm not afraid of failure, I like learning from it.

So here's an important lesson. Plan meals and then buy ingredients for them, don't just buy random shit and try to make something out of it. You could even plan the meals while at the store shopping for the cheapest things to keep a budget, but never buy something 'just because'/

>This

Also keep an inventory of everything in your fridge/pantry and what their use by date is so you can waste as little as possible and avoid buying duplicates