Organ meat yes/no

Sautéed pork heart with scallions, sea salt, king oyster mushrooms over purple rice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bj-f_Uq7bcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did you do pork heart? I love me some beef heart in tin foil in a fire

not eating organs is fucking retarded. i almost feel rage when people say "eeew liver" without ever tasting it when they eat cow ass without a problem

I love organic meat

Agreed. And it's not that hard to cook organ meat anyway. Every culture has plenty of traditional recipes for things like that.

I'll eat it, but I don't like it. Come from a culture where organ consumption is commonplace and had many meals containing organ meat when I was a kid, but I've never bought any at all as an adult except for the occasionally bowl of soup at a restaurant I like. It's served with pork tripe, pork liver and pig's kidney. As much as I detest kidney, I eat it anyway because the soup is worth it.

My mother goes fucking schizoid over rabbit heart and liver and lamb's liver. Again, I'll eat them, but would prefer not to.

If those are my only two choices, I'd say 'no,' otherwise, I'd say 'maybe, it depends.' Unless tongue is considered an organ. I readily eat tongue. Pork. Beef. Lamb. Whatever. Tongue is quite nice. Fuck heart, though.

OP here
sliced it up thin, sauteed over high heat w/ salt and a little bit of butter. Tasted like beef steak, no joke. The tough white parts are better slow cooked in low heat for delicious broth/soup.

sausage only

I've probably just had shittily cooked liver or something but the one time I tried it it tasted like I shoved a handful of dirty pennies in my mouth and it turned me off liver forever

Hearts and tongues are delicious, liver/brains/pancreas/etc. are marginal depending on how they're prepared and anything downstream of the stomach is a NOPE/10.

Offal always has this hint of corpse taste, no matter how much you season it. I still like it though, but I can't shake that taste off.

OP here
cow brains can spread prion disease. it has a 20 yr incubation rate, so u already might be fucked. rip.

@mexican place, got a bowl full of lengue from the kitchen with veggies/tortilla bowl. not on the menu kinda deal. it was delish.

Am i in jqpqn? Then yes. Am i elsewhere? Then no.

Never did i think chicken heart and small intestine could taste so good

I only like tripe when it's been steeped in a spicy sauce for a while. Maybe I've never had nicely prepared organ meat, but I don't really care for what I've had of it, even pig feet would be preferable.

if u have soulfood/amish markets, they will have fresh chicken heart/liver/gizzard and will most likely fry them up fresh 4 u.

simulate the japanese grilled offal by skewering them and grilling them over a charcoal fire. DIY can taste authentic if u try a little :3

Im not american so have neither of those

go with plan b and make it urself! :D

My night before thanksgiving tradition after I season the bird and stick it in the fridge is to take the stuff from the jiblet bag, toss it in some olive oil, garlic powder, and shallot, then sautee until they curl and brown a little. Goes great with piece of tough bread and a beer.

>I've probably just had shittily cooked liver or something but the one time I tried it it tasted like I shoved a handful of dirty pennies in my mouth and it turned me off liver forever

Live does have a very distinct metallic taste. This can be more or less distinct depending on cooking method but I've never had whole-meat* liver where it wasn't present.

*Minced liver baked into a paté also has a distinct taste but it is a different distinct taste.

find a jewish friend and obtain his pot of delicious chicken liver. if nana's making it, it's gon be gud

id try anything if cooked right

I'm literally eating organ chili right now.

I got some of that shitty super lean turkey mince and I balanced it out with minced chicken skin and then minced organ slurry (I have the exact ratios written down somewhere, but it's a mix of chicken hearts, chicken livers, chicken giblets and veal liver).

It tastes good.

I also enjoy lightly sauteed liver and I eat homemade pate nearly every day.

Once I saw on bizarre foods a pig stomach stuffed with heart, lungs and liver, spiced and smoked. Shit looked amazing. I'm gonna replicate it one day.

I fucking love organ meats. Super nutritious. Super cheap. Super tasty.

Liver and shitload of onion.

>Veal liver
Whoops, meant veal lungs.

make some good old faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=bj-f_Uq7bcA