I just accepted a $100 bill with the security strip removed (all the other security features are there)

I just accepted a $100 bill with the security strip removed (all the other security features are there).

How fucked am I?

I have the guy in CC video, if it helps.

not your personal fraud dept.

Ah then the guy gets arrested but you'll lose the hundred bucks.

You aren't fucked, go hit up your local sheriff.

Dumbass that's like the main fucking thing cashiers look for.

How cares I probably accepted fake money as a cashier but did I give a shit? Nope. Just spend it.

call cops asap or your gonna rekt op

Do people actually care about this to go to a sheriff? I have always thought it's the silliest thing into he world to care if a bill is counterfeit or not.

Honestly yeah just turn in the bill. You're not gonna get fucked for that......

Guess what will happen if he gets caught passing it. Better to just avoid the headache of proving you didn't do it.

Printing fake bills is the highest type of felony and will put you inside for a long time. Accidentally using or accepting said bill isn't a big deal as long as you're not the original source.
t. Cop who's dealt with them

Reminds of the old days when we would print money on a colour printer, rub coffee on it, and pay in a kiosk getting free money as change. East Europe here.

Only because it's a felony to possess counterfeit notes for the purposes of legal tender

Of course we care Goyim, only we can print new money, even though we don't back it by anything not even the economy.

The security strip can't be removed, it's woven into the threads of the cloth. (US currency is printed on linen, it's woven fabric, which is why it survives being washed)

The graphic you posted even states this.

You're either a shit troll, or you need to explain how it was removed, because it's physically impossible to remove it. Or you're a complete waterhead retail drone who took an obviously fake counterfeit bill where they didn't even bother to try and fake the security strip.

So which is it?

"Full faith and credit"

1. Take it to a the nearest overpriced store that you don't mind never going back to... such as a gas station near a regional bus station
2. Make sure the employee looks like they don't really care, perhaps an old drugged out boomer.
3. Ask if you can break a hundred here. By being up front you will break the human barrier BEFORE they look at your bill.
4. Profit or go to jail. If they decide it's fake, act appalled and say you need to take it back to your (nearby) bank IMMEDIATELY, act FLABBERGASTED BUT AMAZED/ANNOYED.

Passing it on at a retail level is a legal headache you don't want to deal with. Your bank will be very unhappy with you, too, if you include one in your deposit, you're supposed to be on the look for counterfeits, especially $100 bills, which are rare at the retail level.

Bullshit. People used to pull these out of the bills all the time; before they became mandatory. Security strips are a time bomb... Soon there will be "fake security strips" printed by Jews no doubt, and they will flood the market "from China" or something.

this. dude's larping. if it's a new bill you can't "remove" the strip

t. cashier

Looks removed to me.

is this a joke? You are fucking fucked! How the fuck is this supposed to pass a smell test when they used fucking white out! Hahahaha

That's a different thing. This is a wide blue band in the actual fucking fabric, dummy. Go look at the graphic. The thread you're talking about is different.

This. Why is this even a thread.
saged

It's not whiteout. I can fucking see and feel that this was an actual strip that was interwoven with the bill before it was removed.

I am pretty sure this was a real bill. My questions is whether it is still valuable.

If you accepted that bill as a retail cashier, you need to be fired on the spot, as you're too stupid to do the job. And have $100 taken from your paycheck for being a fucking retard.

IF by small chance this isn't a troll, the cops need this bill, and the CC of the person passing it, because they're trying to cover their tracks with stolen bills, probably from a bank. NOT reporting this bill will cause more problems than reporting it.

But, since this is Veeky Forums, stop fucking larping, dummy.

Against the light. Note how the bill is obscured everywhere except where the 3d ribbon used to be.

Interesting and odd if real. Possibility of being an entirely fake $100 but the counterfeiter didn't have the tech to do the 3D holo strip? I'd bring it to the bank and show them.

If it was a real $100 with the strip removed, what could be the reason for that?

Print a fake 100$ bill and put a real holo strip on it. Easy 2x gains

haha this guy just uploaded his private $100 bill
now i have it

Suck his dick

Makes sense. I need to think like a criminal more.

shieeet

Kek

joke's on you user, it's not backed by anything. LMAOing at your life

I dont even understand what this is??? Wheres the fucking cube?

Fuck that has to be a thing

>fancy paper texturing
>copper color changing
>woven in ribbon
>transforming watermark
what a fuckin waste of money tbqhwybiz

Kek good post bucko

Alright, Veeky Forums, happy ending time.

I made the call to take the bill to the bank, so I hauled ass to a nearby Wells Fargo (I have an account there) that closes at 6 (we close at 5; I left at 5:30) and asked the teller if a $100 bill with the 3d ribbon removed was still legal tender, or if I needed to chase down the guy who gave it to me. She inspected it and told me that the bill was fine, and asked me whether I wanted to deposit it or exchange it. I chose the latter, and she gave me an intact $100 bill (pic related).

Thanks for nothing, guys!